uniqs
share rss forum feed

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

Not a bad idea

This isn't a bad idea at all. Have them answer a few calls themselves. Have them go out (in regular uniform) on a few calls, talk to the customers.

It's an interesting idea. Also, perhaps they should poll their CSR's and techs with anonymous surveys (ones where the CSR or Tech doesn't have to log their name or SSN or ID# etc so they can be frank and honest with their responses free from fear of retaliation by supervisors or Office manager.)
--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists, and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service." - former FCC Chairman William Kennard (A real FCC Chairman, unlike the current Corporate Spokesperson in the job!)

Maxo
Your tax dollars at work.
Premium,VIP
join:2002-11-04
Tallahassee, FL

The best bosses I've had are the ones that work along side me. The worst are those that have no clue how to do my job.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

said by Maxo:

The best bosses I've had are the ones that work along side me. The worst are those that have no clue how to do my job.
Yeah... but they insist on Micromanaging you anyway.

Our company for years has been cutting back on the number of employees working in our facilities while the numbers of customers and sales have grown dramatically.... profits have soared and the CEO is making a ton... Basically, less help, more work... --BUT-- they've pushed it so far now that even working as hard as you can you simply cannot meet the standards of work they demand you achieve, and I personally feel our service has declined and it embarrasses me because I remember how top-notch it used to be. Now some national survey results are coming in showing our company has skidded significantly down from the top and now have several major competitors above us in terms of customer service and the like. So the you know what is hitting the fan... and yet management can't see the correlation between their cost cutting and workforce reduction and the slide in customer service results.

Their response is typical: "Crack down" on the employees because "They're not doing their jobs."

Sorry, you can only work so hard. There simply isn't enough time in the day with the volume of people we deal with to keep appearances up. When you deal with one customer after another from the time you arrive till you leave non-stop, other tasks are skimped or skipped over due to time constraints. (Remember! No overtime allowed either!)

The writing is on the wall: Cost cutting is leading to costly cuts in customer service.... and the evidence is pointing right at that, from the CUSTOMERS. Not even to mention the morale issues and the stressed out employees it is causing.... Yet, they cannot see it. Must always be lazy employees, not failure of their brilliant management strategy.

Sure, cutting labor costs = short term profit increase.... but after a few years, the resulting cuts in customer care come back to bite you on the ass.... you could get away with it if you were in an industry where there's little competition, but we have national competitors, many which have been improving over the years and we can't afford this failure to deliver superior service and keep the image and public perception as top notch. It's hard to gain a great reputation, but easy to lose it.
--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists, and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service." - former FCC Chairman William Kennard (A real FCC Chairman, unlike the current Corporate Spokesperson in the job!)