dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
This is a sub-selection from Less Popcorn Sold?
43193594 (banned)
Chauncey Gardiner
join:2005-08-03
CX 747-400

1 recommendation

43193594 (banned) to cdigioia

to cdigioia

Re: Less Popcorn Sold?

The corn lobby and their actions against sugar importation are one reason that high fructose corn syrup has all but replaced sugar in many old favorites (Coca-Cola, Pepsi).

Their sugar-based counterparts continue to be produced and marketed elsewhere, however.
tlniec
join:2004-08-02
Cedar Rapids, IA

tlniec

"The corn lobby and their actions against sugar importation are one reason that high fructose corn syrup has all but replaced sugar in many old favorites (Coca-Cola, Pepsi).

Their sugar-based counterparts continue to be produced and marketed elsewhere, however."

Coca-Cola made with actual sugar is sooooo much better than that made high-fructose corn syrup (imho). But it is damn hard to find.
43193594 (banned)
Chauncey Gardiner
join:2005-08-03
CX 747-400

1 recommendation

43193594 (banned)

said by tlniec:

"The corn lobby and their actions against sugar importation are one reason that high fructose corn syrup has all but replaced sugar in many old favorites (Coca-Cola, Pepsi).

Their sugar-based counterparts continue to be produced and marketed elsewhere, however."

Coca-Cola made with actual sugar is sooooo much better than that made high-fructose corn syrup (imho). But it is damn hard to find.
Coca-Cola still produces the Sucrose syrup in quantity for international distribution, as the sugar isn't tariffed elsewhere to protect corn. (Although I really love corn, just not as a sweetener).

Basically every market other than North America utilizes sucrose-based syrup, rather than HFCS.

kamm
join:2001-02-14
Brooklyn, NY

kamm

said by 43193594:
said by tlniec:

Coca-Cola still produces the Sucrose syrup in quantity for international distribution, as the sugar isn't tariffed elsewhere to protect corn. (Although I really love corn, just not as a sweetener).

Basically every market other than North America utilizes sucrose-based syrup, rather than HFCS.
Exactly. Mopre often than not I have a feeling the US Gov deliberately posion its population to make sure they will pay the completely out-of-touch price for healthcare.

HFCS IS BAD FOR YOU.
BAD, BAD, VERY BAD - yet it is FORCFULLY PUSHED DOWN ON EVERYBODY'S THROAT by the US Gov.

Read more here:
»www.westonaprice.org/mod ··· ose.html
»www.thefitshack.com/2007 ··· ference/

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to tlniec

Premium Member

to tlniec
I'd agree...but then I'm waiting for Coca-Cola to take out the carcinogens in their canned sodas and syrups.

»news.independent.co.uk/h ··· 6652.ece

Dunno what the timetable is that they agreed to in the lawsuits is though.
This is a sub-selection from Less Popcorn Sold?