Search similar:

uniqs

crashovrride
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Loveland, CO

crashovrride

Premium Member

Apple to start charging $5 to enter the store.

Why..

»www.bbspot.com/News/2007 ··· fee.html

rjackson

join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
Netgear R6400
Switches Trash Bin
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

1 recommendation

rjackson

said by crashovrride:

Why..

Because BBSpot is satire.

leXicon5
Pelosi, SHUT YOUR Fing Pie Hole
Premium Member
join:2000-12-27
Saint Louis, MO

1 edit

leXicon5 to crashovrride

Premium Member

to crashovrride
Well if they are satire, so is : »www.tech.co.uk/computing ··· 57388686

I will not pay $5.00 to walk in. If the $5.00 can be applied at ANY time...then maybe. But for lifers like myself who have spent literally tens of thousands....we should get lifetime VIP access.

If it happens, it'll be at the New York stores and a few select...can't see that happening in St. Louis...maybe on releases like when the iPhone was introed or when the next iPod is released...but not a constant every day thing.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

This is horrible, if it happens.

How is a person supposed to get a feel for a product before buying it? It is the friggin company retail store! I'm not gonna pay $5 to walk in and be pressured to buy right this very minute to have my $5 returned. If I don't like the product, or want to do more research after trying it out, that should be my right.

Lex, it should not matter if you're a lifer or a first time buyer.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to leXicon5

Premium Member

to leXicon5
said by leXicon5:

Well if they are satire, so is : »www.tech.co.uk/computing ··· 57388686
Well, considering that article just cites BBSpot, I'd say they got taken.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

1 edit

scots to crashovrride

Premium Member

to crashovrride
You all realize this isn't true, don't you? BBspot is comparable to The Onion. It's all fake news stories.

"Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world. BBspot produces a variety of features like fake news stories satirizing the tech and political worlds, the BBspot Mailbag which pokes fun at the Believers (people who believe our fake news) and much more."

drmorley
MVM
join:2000-12-20
Three Lakes, WI

drmorley

MVM

said by scots:

You all realize this isn't true, don't you?
I'm thinking they don't get it.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34

Premium Member

said by drmorley:

said by scots:

You all realize this isn't true, don't you?
I'm thinking they don't get it.
Sigh - people thought Bonzai Kittens was real too. It's amazing.

Do satirists really have to put 3-inch high neon-glo banners saying "SATIRE" at the top of a page? No company in the history of US business has ever charged money to go into a store. That tells you right there it HAS to be bogus, even if you missed the phrase "While Apple Geniuses patrol inside the store, Apple "Muscleheads" will guard the window displays and entrances." Anybody who can read that and not realize they are reading satire should just refrain from offering any opinions about anything.

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

The Dv8or to crashovrride

Premium Member

to crashovrride
I guess they should have changed "Vince Sciopiano" to "Vinny 'The Nose' Sciopiano" to be even more convincing.

Fuckin morons.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk to leXicon5

Premium Member

to leXicon5
Unbelievable. Do you guys have a lot of Nigerian friends? If not, I have some email addresses for you. They need some help.

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium Member
join:2005-01-03

PolarBear03 to scots

Premium Member

to scots
Dude, make sure to give a reference if you're gonna copy it from a website.

Derspankster
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Marion, OH

Derspankster to Johnny34

Premium Member

to Johnny34
It's got to be satire but what are we going to do and say if it turns out to be true? F-U-D

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk

Premium Member

said by Derspankster:

It's got to be satire but what are we going to do and say if it turns out to be true? F-U-D
Why would it be true? Has anyone on this thread been to the Apple Store since the iPhone launch? Not such a big deal. I played with a phone IMMEDIATELY on that Saturday, the day after the launch, at the very same store where Woz waited in line all day, and bought it without waiting in line.

Derspankster
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Marion, OH

Derspankster

Premium Member

said by bobrk:
said by Derspankster:

Why would it be true? Has anyone on this thread been to the Apple Store since the iPhone launch? Not such a big deal. I played with a phone IMMEDIATELY on that Saturday, the day after the launch, at the very same store where Woz waited in line all day, and bought it without waiting in line.
My attempt at satire, not even Apple would do something like charging to enter a store. Of course it isn't true.
11337845 (banned)
Live free or die
join:2002-12-20
Seattle, WA

1 edit

11337845 (banned) to Johnny34

to Johnny34
said by Johnny34:

Do satirists really have to put 3-inch high neon-glo banners saying "SATIRE" at the top of a page?
Unfortunately, yes. We are a nation of over-stimulated, under-educated morons. Critical thought is going the way of the dodo, though I'll admit there will always be a portion of the population that just doesn't understand satire no matter what.
No company in the history of US business has ever charged money to go into a store.
Disneyland.

EDIT

Also Costco and Sam's Club.

scots
Are we there yet??
Premium Member
join:1999-12-06
Raleigh, NC

scots to PolarBear03

Premium Member

to PolarBear03
said by PolarBear03:

Dude, make sure to give a reference if you're gonna copy it from a website.
Sorry

»www.bbspot.com/Legal/about.html

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO

1 edit

The Dv8or to 11337845

Premium Member

to 11337845
I can enter both Costco and Sam's without paying.

Disney does not charge to go into their stores, only their theme parks.

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to Derspankster

Premium Member

to Derspankster
said by Derspankster:
said by bobrk:
said by Derspankster:

My attempt at satire, not even Apple would do something like charging to enter a store. Of course it isn't true.
Damn, you got me!
11337845 (banned)
Live free or die
join:2002-12-20
Seattle, WA

11337845 (banned) to The Dv8or

to The Dv8or
said by The Dv8or:

Way to find a small, meaningless loophole. You still can't buy anything.
Their parks are gigantic stores with rides. The ticket prices would be a lot higher if they didn't sell their merchandise there.

The Dv8or
Premium Member
Denver, CO
ARRIS TG862
Cisco 2811
TP-Link Archer AX10

1 recommendation

The Dv8or

Premium Member

said by 11337845:
said by The Dv8or:

Way to find a small, meaningless loophole. You still can't buy anything.
Their parks are gigantic stores with rides. The ticket prices would be a lot higher if they didn't sell their merchandise there.
You're kidding me, right? You're going to resort to that moronic attempt for logic by claiming that theme parks are stores because they have stores in them? The Army has stores on their bases, but you cant buy anything there either unless you have proper ID.

Of course, your logic is supporting Ron Paul. I find it hilarious that Bush-haters support a Republican from Texas who is anti-abortion, against gay marriage, and against stem cell research.