uniqs

DPain
Premium Member
join:2004-02-19

2 edits

DPain

Premium Member

2 images in one

Hello guys this maybe kinda off topic.. then again maybe not I need help with the following two images I have photoshop but I have not used it in quite a while I cant seem to remember How to blend two images together I have tried I have not be able to do it. Basically what I want to do is have the flames appear only withing the zero not outside. I know this may seem kinda easy for a lot of you I just started picking up PS again. I am not asking to be spoon fed but I need repeat the flames for numbers 0-9, if someone could kindly show me how it should be done just for the zero and I would do the rest myself,would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advanced.

P.s I dont know why there is a black background on the flames over here on my side when I open the image its transparent with flames only dont want the black hehe just the flames.. thanks again!

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland

CCat

MVM

Like this?

DPain
Premium Member

DPain

Premium Member

said by CCat:

Like this?
thats cool.. like it.. but not what i meant.. hehhe it was the flames on the inside white part of the numbers I dont know why its showing the background black in the flames image.. over here its transparent. I just want the flames no blak .. thanks cc cat thats nice its just that it would not work for the rest of the numbers

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
Wonderland

CCat to DPain

MVM

to DPain
Its not black. Shows transparent here, and it was made as transparent. Not sure why you are getting a black background.

DPain
Premium Member

DPain

Premium Member

I just left my house posting this from my cell..is it possible just to get the flames withing the numbeer ??? Thanks!

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
Wonderland

CCat to DPain

MVM

to DPain
Misunderstood, Like this?

DPain
Premium Member

DPain

Premium Member

yes kinda like that dunno..flames be a bit more within the number..cant realy tell on cell atm but looks like flames bleed outside the zero...your help is very much aprecciated

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium Member
join:2005-01-16

1 edit

caffeinator to DPain

Premium Member

to DPain
Here's something.
Used your 0 and made new fire.

*edit*
Added one with your original images combined..tough to see the definition of the 0, so added a slight stroke to it.

-CaFF

DPain
Premium Member

DPain

Premium Member

yea just looked at image..one thing iforgot to mention was if flames can go about half way up barely reaching upper part number thanx n again sorry was russhing out thee door

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
Wonderland

CCat to DPain

MVM

to DPain
Theres a white haze surrounding the number. You have to erase this so the number is defined. Open both the number image and the flame image. Make the flame image the current pattern (I used 50% scale) and flood fill the number.
BTW I use PSP but I think PS should be similar.

DPain
Premium Member

1 edit

DPain

Premium Member

Thanks both of you.. really appreciate the help once I am done with what the images will be used for I will post the whole image

Edit: I can see now why I was seeing the flames black.. I was using the black dslr theme

caffeinator
Premium Member

3 edits

caffeinator to DPain

Premium Member

to DPain
You'd asked how I did that, well, as CC said, there's different ways.

Here's what I did. (Photoshop 7.01, but should apply in others as well)

1. open both images
2. select the flames image, then hit ctrl+A (select all)
3. while it's selected, hit ctrl+C (copy)
4. select the 0 image, then paste the flames with ctrl+V

should have this:

5. ctrl+ left click the layer with the 0..that makes a selection of the visible area.

6. hit ctrl+shift+I (reverses the selection)
7. click on the flames layer
8. hit delete.

then you have this:

Here's that with a black background layer to make it show up better.

I also contracted the inverted selection on the 0 and deleted the excess white while on the 0 layer to get the 'fuzzy' off.

Menu >> Select >> Modify >> Contract. Set to 1 pixel
Then delete..basically 'trims' it by 1px.

Do the same to the flame layer, just keep your selection, and click on the flam layer, hit delete. Should trim it as well.

Before trimming

Ya can use the eraser tool to pare off some of the top flame layer if you wanted only parts of it visible.

After trimming and erasing top of flames

Final image as you wanted....trimmed, lowered flames and no background.

On a grey background to show it better

Hope that's useful

-CaFF

DPain
Premium Member

1 edit

DPain

Premium Member

WOW thanks for going out of your way to make screen shots and a step by step guide this will be really useful for me as I have to do #'s 0-9. Like I said really appreciate you taking the time and effort you put into the guide.. I've done screenies n guides for diff things. THANKS both of you caffeinator and CCat!!!!

Edit:Will credit both of you when I am done with what I am trying to do I will post back here

caffeinator
Premium Member

2 edits

caffeinator

Premium Member

You're welcome!

Seems like a lot of steps, but in reality it only took about a minute to do. Once you know the basic techniques, it's just a few mouse clicks, and some keyboard shortcuts, and bam!

Who knows, you might even figure out new and better ways for yourself.

I coulda just pointed ya at some tut on the web, but I figured since I had it all open anyways, may as well.

HyperSnap-DX is super for doing that sorta screenshot thing.

Might even help somebody else sometime, ya never know.

Look forward to seeing your project.

-CaFF
caffeinator

caffeinator to DPain

Premium Member

to DPain
If ya are wanting to brush up on PS, some of the best tuts I know are at this site:

Jay Arraich - Photoshop Tips
»www.arraich.com/ps_intro.htm

All with simple instructions and pics.

-CaFF

CCat
We're all quite mad here
MVM
Wonderland

CCat to DPain

MVM

to DPain
You're welcome...CaFF is a lot better at explaining things.

caffeinator
Premium Member

caffeinator

Premium Member

said by CCat:

You're welcome...CaFF is a lot better at explaining things.
Heh, sometimes...

Thx,

-CaFF

DPain
Premium Member

DPain

Premium Member

Thanks to both of you for helping me out here is what I wanted to do basically the numbers were for my Pda (mogul from sprint)

Will end up changing wallpaper to something else but you guys get the idea.. again thanks!

caffeinator
Premium Member

caffeinator

Premium Member

Cool...looks very nice!

Glad to help out.

-CaFF