Premium Member
join:2004-06-14
Gladstone, NJ

chakey to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

Hi All!

Not new to BBR, but new to macs. Just got a new 24" iMac on Friday and look forward to being a part of this forum. Thanks in advance for your help!

Chakey

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat to Coma

Premium Member

to Coma
That a great tip. Quite simple really.
Thanks!

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma to dscl

Premium Member

to dscl
said by dscl:
said by Dominokat:

saving a picture from the web???? PC= right click, and save picture. Mac= I don't know yet.
Hold the control key (ctrl +click is the right click) down while clicking on the image.

The mouse driven Safari drop down menu item for that is . . . > File > Save As. This opens a dialog box asking whether to save as Web Archive (images) or Page Source (code). Navigate to the desired folder and hit the Save Button.

Same as the keyboard control + right click.

dscl
join:2001-07-15
Suwanee, GA

dscl to Dominokat

to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

saving a picture from the web???? PC= right click, and save picture. Mac= I don't know yet.
Hold the control key (ctrl +click is the right click) down while clicking on the image.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

1 edit

Coma to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat

Welcome to the forum.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Okay here I am saying Hello!
I am completely new to the Mac scene. I bought a Macbook yesterday (4/31) and have since been on it all day long using it and trying to figure it out.
I like it allot. Among having to learn where to find things, I need to learn how to do so called "simple" things that seemed easy with the PC. For example, saving a picture from the web???? PC= right click, and save picture. Mac= I don't know yet.

I guess I'll figure it out some time. Mean while, I love the Macbook and am very happy I finally bought one. I've wanted one for at least 2 years.

veloct
Go Pats
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Moosup, CT

veloct to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
I'm Eddie and I'm not a Mac convert, just a returning son. I've owned Macs in the past and loved them but my wife wasn't a fan and didn't really care to learn about it so slowly I went back to PCs but always running Linux. With Vista coming out, my wife finally started looking at Macs and started to ask me to replace her aging XP laptop for a new MacBook. We now own two 13" MacBooks and a 1 TB Time Capsule. She loves her Mac and I'm happy to be back to using Macs.

donsan709
Premium Member
join:2002-10-06
Lincoln, NE

donsan709 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hi all my name is Don. I got in to computers late in life and started out with a windows machine.I ended up owning two at one time because i got hooked real fast on computers.A friend that i worked with bought a new Mac Mini and he never could get it connected to the internet as he didn't really know any thing about Mac's so i traded him a new HP for the Mac Mini and from then on i was hooked.I now own a Mac Pro a Mac Book Pro and still have the mini.I use all three machines and every chance i get i try and get all my friends to make the switch.

bathswife
Original Member
join:2000-09-06
Birmingham, AL

bathswife to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
I just purchased my first new iMac machine about a month ago. I've been using ibm compatibles since the early 1980s.

I have an obsolete computer museum in a spare bedroom upstairs that begins with an Epson QX 10.

I decided to make the switch to Mac for several reasons. One, my sister (a macGenius in Seattle) got me a 15% discount. Two, I've tried Windows Vista, Three and most importantly, I just got through dealing with a mutated virus on a WinXp machine with the latest virus protection (it only took about 2 months to get rid of).

I'm still the person all my friends and family who own ibm compatible machines call when there's a problem with a machine and my husband has a WinXP machine sitting right next to my Mac.

I'm just learning my way around the Mac and I'm enjoying it but feel like a kindergardener as of yet.

Midak
Doctors suck
Premium Member
join:2002-02-26
Stormville, NY

Midak to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Was I supposed to post here? Tommy here, not an Apple convert but did buy a new iMac late last year. Was never really impressed with Apple since I'm a gamer but when I saw how simple it was to hook up my video cam, import the home movies and burn to DVD, I was sold. I mostly use it side by side with my my PC and I have gotten to the point where they quite complement each other. One is never running without the other one running too. Now using it for all of my photos (although I'm not crazy about iPhoto importing) videos and music. Still use the PC for tag editing on mp3's and for mp3 storage but thats just my preference.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to tmpchaos

Mod

to tmpchaos
My name is...uh...Dennis. Just bought a used iMac (from here no less) for the wife to use downstairs during the day while with the little minion.

Been a long time since I touched a mac (last time was a G3 back in 2k w/ OS9) so expect lots of dumb questions.

TeatherWind
join:2001-08-21
Euless, TX

TeatherWind to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
My wife also got a mac about 6 months ago, and I was tired of her asking me questions, and not being able to answer them.. and sides that she loved it..

I thought that I would give it a whirl.. having a few issues.. but google has been a good friend..

So I will be bonding with my new Macbook..
Now if I can just figure out how to get time machine to work with my external drive that is NTFS

Post Op
Premium Member
join:2001-11-06
inside out

Post Op to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hi There,

My name is Pat. I got my first Mac at the end of January, a 24 inch iMac. I have Fusion and XP on it just to run Quicken and use the Mac side for everything else. I've learned a lot lurking this forum.

bskuared
It's Hip To Be Square
Premium Member
join:2001-12-02
San Clemente, CA

bskuared to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Ok. Here I am.

After many many many years and countless PCs I switched. Just plugged in my new iMac 24 and it's all networked and sharing files with my PC. How painless was that? Working on getting things transferred over. ....and I'm loving it! I'm sure I"ll all sorts of newbie type questions - just have patience with me.

bb

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
join:2006-08-10
Am I lost?

2 recommendations

Akasha to sgarrand

Premium Member

to sgarrand
Hi everyone! My name is trouble. Oh wait, that's just the Chaotic One's nickname for me! Laura.

First time Mac user/owner. Just bought myself an iMac (sweet)!!

I have been playing around with the programs applications (Numbers, etc.) and I must say, very nice.

I am sure you all will be hearing from me from time to time. Heck, I even have my Dad pricing iMac's now.

Off to bug and harass members work!!

~Laura

sgarrand
Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium Member
join:2000-04-13
West Brookfield, MA

sgarrand to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hello All,

I'm not new to DSLR by a long shot (on 4/13 it will be 8 full years) but I am new to Macs. I've always wanted a Mac but they were always too expensive. I thought for a while about getting a Mini but decided on a 20" iMac 2.0 GHz. Bought 4 GB of RAM (not from Apple!) and I'm very happy. Updated to 10.5.2 hours after it came out and that went very smoothly.

I've never been a big forum poster (once upon a time in VoIP) but I'm here all the time. Good idea for a thread. See you all around.

Scott

ehansman
He's Back - KIMI 2012
Premium Member
join:2002-01-21
Over Here

ehansman to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
I suppose it is time to break down and announce the new addition to my machines....
I was able to purchase a 15" 2.4 Core2Duo MacBook Pro about 2 weeks ago. I'm running an XP partition through Boot Camp/Parallels to run a couple of apps for work, but I've mostly been spending time in the new (to me) OS X Leopard experience. I had a little experience with Tiger on an old iMac, but its HD died before I could really learn a lot.
This is my new project and my new work machine. I absolutely love it. I've been lucky to have worked with many different Apple's/Mac's, but now I have one that is MINE.
(Thanks, Boss!)

Frank
Premium Member
join:2000-11-03
somewhere

Frank to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
hi

my name is frank,

i've been a member of this forum for a while, i started out with an ibook g3 but then went back to pc land for a bit during the days of g4 and g5. I'm now typing this on the macbook air i just purchased.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma to Juniper2

Premium Member

to Juniper2

Hi Juniper,

We welcome active members of the Mac community to our small part of the net.

Juniper2
@utdallas.edu

Juniper2 to tmpchaos

Anon

to tmpchaos
»www.Apple-Group.com is my old home... its a little prettier. I am thinking about moving, so I thought I would say hi!

HI. I am an active member in the mac community like all mac boards, I am sure I will feel at home here too!

jons
Premium Member
join:2003-04-15
Carrboro, NC

jons to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Howdy All,
My name's Jon. I've dropped into this forum from time to time, but haven't spent too much time here. I've been on DSLR for awhile now, but mostly spend my time in just a couple forums here and there.

Anyhoo, I've been a Mac user since college (sometime back in the late 80s, I guess... ouch...) For the most part, my experience was all with OS 7, until 8 came out and things got really exciting! The first mac I owned outright was a Mac II, which I upgraded to a IIfx, or something along those lines. I used about every model available from 1987 into the mid-90s, though. My roommate spent 10 grand on a sweet Quadra with a whopping 500MB hard drive! I still support my dad's 9600, now running 0S 9, and the upgraded G4 I gave him that runs 10.4.

I don't use a Mac much at home, though I do have 2 G4s I'm rebuilding right now. I may keep one and give the other to my brother. At work, I'm a senior Windows SysAdmin running around 80 servers, and I just took over the Mac admin side when our Mac genius got fed up and left! We have 8 xserves, all with Xserve RAIDs attached, and about 250-300 Mac clients. Mostly Win clients, though - around 600 I think.

Under my desk at work, aside from a few PCs, I have these currently:
1. dual 2.6 GHz Xeon w/3gb RAM OS X 10.4
2. dual 2 GHz G5 w/1.5gb RAM OS X 10.4

I also have a small lab for testing, with a few Mac Pros/G5s. I'm running 10.4 on everything (a few 10.3 need to be upgraded). Just testing Leopard, too - we're not quite ready to roll that out!

Oh yeah, I won an iPod a year ago or so - but I traded it in to Best Buy for a digital camera... sorry!

I've got lots to learn, so I hope to be spending more time in here.

Jon