Premium Member
join:2003-10-11
Sioux Falls, SD

1 recommendation

TJ19971 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

This weekend my first Mac arrived, a 24 in iMac. I do have to say that so far I LOVE it. The only question I have is why didn't I get one before now?

jcsjr
Premium Member
join:2001-07-10
Meridianville, AL

1 recommendation

jcsjr

Premium Member

I'm a new convert too and loving my MBP 13. Welcome aboard!

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

1 edit

4 recommendations

kim to tmpchaos

MVM,

to tmpchaos
I started a new job and the boss took me shopping and bought me a Mac. As Chelle L'il says iWooHoo!!!© credit for copyright goes to L'il and not Chelle. Now I owe you a jar of homemade jam. dagnabit!

I'm still trying to navigate my way around the basics but I know there's no going back now. I have an urge to put on my 'I heart geeks' tshirt.

edit:corrected for copyright infringement

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Long time PC user, I recently developed the "need" for a portable computer of some sort. After doing my research, I surprised myself by deciding a 15.4" MacBook Pro would best suit me.

It arrived on the 7th and I was again surprised to find I really like the little guy. I'm busy getting it ready for a trip I plan to take and actually enjoying the process.

If I have a question, please be nice to me. Other than to tease the Chaotic Cat around, I've never said anything bad about the Apple products. It's just so fun to get him going a little.

In my mind, Macs have their pros and cons and, of course, so do the PCs.

I must stop playing with that track pad now and go find out what an "fn" key does.
Sunny

Sunny

OK, that was easy enough.

»www.apple.com/voiceover/ ··· 131.html

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 recommendation

sashwa to Sunny

Mod

to Sunny
Sooooo, are you gonna fold on it when you get back from your trip?

You don't have to worry about the temps unless they go over 80C. Also get a cooling pad for it. That helps with the temps.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

Nope.

This is my play toy. I will reboot it a lot and do stuff to it. Planning to add it to my Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit (brand new) domain, which I will build when I return from my trip, migrating from W2K3 at last. Hopefully, I'll have a folding farm in a box as one of my domain controllers, so this little guy is exempt from folding duties.

I will also play with creating a Win7 dual boot on the MBP, just because I can and I actually enjoy that kind of pain.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

1 edit

pcdebb to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
I'd like to thank a friend of mine for getting me addicted. I wanted an iPhone, but it was not cost-effective for me to leave my current carrier. I went into CompUSA and somehow the darn thing took my debit card and ran to the register

I absolutely REFUSE to goto the Apple store, the iPad might beat me up to take my debit card LOL

roc5955
Premium Member
join:2005-11-26
Rosendale, NY

roc5955 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hi folks, Rocco here. I got my first MacBook last October. It was on sale at MicroCenter in Paterson, NJ. I was fed up with all the hype over Windows 6.1 (aka 7), so I jumped ship. The laptop was a steal at $800 +3.5% tax (Paterson is an economically depressed area, so Jersey cut their sales tax). Being the hacker that I am, the first two things that I did was to upgrade from 2MB RAM to 4, and upgrade the measly 160GB HDD to 500. It was so easy, it's not funny. I enjoyed that one until a couple of months ago, when I got an e-mail from MicroCenter. They opened a new store in Yonkers, and had a one day sale on the new 13" MBP. $300 off!!! I only had a day or two to find someone to buy my MB, so that I could buy the other one. It was quite easy.
Now I have the MBP, with the 500GB drive, (I took the 250 that came with it, and installed it in the MB) 4GB DDR3 RAM, and am quite impressed with its speed. Even though RAM prices are high these days, I want to upgrade so that I can allot more RAM to my VMs. VMWare has been a godsend for me here. You see, I am a network/PC tech, and have to support various versions of Windows for work. VMWare allows me to load any version (even DOS and WIN 3.1) so that I can be on the same page as my users. Now, if I have more RAM, I can run Windows 6.1 with more than 2MB, and perhaps it will run a little faster.

I cannot say enough about OSX. It's so much smoother, and easier to use than Windows. It's gotten to the point where when people ask me what new PC they should buy, I tell them to just buy a Mac. After all, how much are headaches worth?

I also love the build of the MBP. One piece of machined aluminum makes it sturdy, light, and quite the good looker.

You probably have seen me here in other forums, as DSLReports is one of my Internet hangouts.

L8R
Roc.

RustyTheDog
Premium Member
join:2003-05-27
Trenton, NJ

RustyTheDog to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hi all. Eric here. Purchased my first Apple product in 20-something years back in December, 2009. A 32GB iPhone 3GS. I dabbled in Apple's back when the McIntosh hit the streets (God, I am old). I was a Commodore 64/128 and up user, programmer and repair/consultant dude in my spare time since about 1979 or so (I was 12). Honestly, my main reason for shunning Apple was the lack of applications. That seems to have been resolved since my last real try a long time ago.

I currently am all Windows as far as my computers go, but I am seriously considering looking at a MBP for my next purchase.

I'm really not unhappy with Windows (I dual boot Ubuntu also).

For the record, I never was an Apple basher. I always knew the quality and consistency of the hardware for Apple was better, I just never "got" the OS. I mean I understood it, but never preferred it.

So wish me luck as I prepare to really mix up a batch of Kool-Aid, probably around Christmas time. I LOVE my iPhone (even bought an iPod touch for my son). So I guess the Kool-Aid is trickling in already

CherylA
join:2005-06-09
Encino, CA

CherylA

Cant say I am in the clan yet as my first ever Apple Device is a gift of an IPAD 3G/wifi currently in transit. Have only had my hands on an Ipad twice, and loved it, never had any other devices from there. Have used windows based pcs since late 90s and excited to dabble but know I will be lost lol In a good way.

Optimized
MVM,
join:2001-05-03
Ringwood, NJ

3 recommendations

Optimized to tmpchaos

MVM,

to tmpchaos
I'm a proud first time Mac owner of a 13.3" MacBook Pro since Thursday and I am very pleased thus far. The battery life is simply amazing as advertised. I plan on upgrading the RAM from 4 to 8 GB and the hard drive from 250 GB 5400 RPM to 750 GB 7200 RPM myself.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

2 recommendations

pcdebb to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Lord help me. I gots myself an iPad. it's therapy tho.
now the addiction begins.....

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by pcdebb:

Lord help me. I gots myself an iPad. it's therapy tho.
now the addiction begins.....

My portfolio thanks you.

talligewi62
Dazed And Confused
Premium Member
join:2004-07-20
Crestwood, KY

talligewi62

Premium Member

3GS - 12/26/2009
MacBook Pro 15-inch - 01/15/2011

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by talligewi62:

3GS - 12/26/2009
MacBook Pro 15-inch - 01/15/2011

. . . and my portfolio thanks you also.

Bryon
This space for rent
Premium Member
join:2001-07-23
Speedway, IN

Bryon to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

A bevy of Apples...

In the last 90 days, we've added-
iPhone 4, 13" MBP, and iPad2 for me;
an iPad2 for my daughter;
and my 2008 MBP trickles down to my wife.
unbelievable02
join:2011-08-09

unbelievable02 to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

Hi.. newbie here.. james is the name and i'm an avid fanatic of Apple and Steve Jobs... glad to meet all of you here..

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

1 edit

Coma

Premium Member

said by unbelievable02:

Hi.. newbie here.. james is the name and i'm an avid fanatic of Apple and Steve Jobs... glad to meet all of you here..

Welcome.

. . . mmm, fresh blood.

dliw
Premium Member
join:2003-03-09
Elsewhere

dliw to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Just recently joined the "cult" with the purchase of an iPhone 3GS. Am so impresses I have decided to upgrade to 4 or 5 and a MacBook when the budget allows it.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

1 edit

Stacy to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Take me back!!!! I do not choose to post!

maggie2101
Mrs. Flippant
Premium Member
join:2001-10-09
Katy, TX

maggie2101 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hey y'all.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Speaking of which, I never did do my greeting.

First iDevice was January 2007, a shuffle.
This went to the 3g iPod Nano. (it got stolen)
From there, a 1G Touch
2 1G shuffles for the kids
in 2009, made the plunge with a MacBook (Unibody -- last ones before they all became Pro's)
2 iPod touchs (2G) for the kids
ended up with some 3G shuffles (3 of 'em)
5G nano
October 2010 I got the new MBA. (nice)
February 2011 iPhone 4
August 2011 a 4G shuffle for the car.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
i feel like I just snuck out the back door after midnite....

today I have completely converted/defected to iWorld. got my ipad2 a few weeks ago, today I got me an iphone4. no more little green guys.

somebody help me.

ocnetgeek8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-26
Oak Creek, WI

ocnetgeek8

Premium Member

Now you have to get a Mac to go with the iPad and the iPhone

kcttocs
Yes...?
Premium Member
join:2002-03-07
Missouri

1 recommendation

kcttocs to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hello,

Recent convert here... I've owned an Iphone from day one, and finally decided to plop out the dough for a MacBook Air 13'. And Wow! I am impressed with this laptop. I will not go back. Well, other than what I have to use at work ~cough~ a Dell Probook 6450b

Scott

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
i'm closer to being complete I guess. I took the plunge and upgraded to a 4s today. time to have fun with Siri

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Just crashing the party.

This spring I got an iPad2 for work and then an iPhone4S to replace my cell phone. I have been a PC user since 1989 (an XT) and stayed PC ever since. We have three PCs in the house and I use a PC at work exclusively. I have no intention of changing. All are tools. The iPhone and iPad have their use in certain niches and excel at certain tasks. The various PS computers also excel at certain tasks. I live with those limitations. The PC computers are superb creators of content for my work while the iPhone and the iPad are better consumers of content. Such is life.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Always meant to do this ...
Start:
2g iPod Nano,
OG iPhone,
3G iPhone,
iPhone 4,
iPad 2
6g iPod Nano,
2G Apple TV,
3G Apple TV,
Mid 2011 Mac Mini,
2TB Apple Time Capsule
Present
I'm sure by the end of 2012 you will be able to add a 13" MBA or a 15"MBPR, A Thunderbolt display for the Mini, and of course an iPhone 5.

John2Jonnie
No Defeat ~ No Surrender
Premium Member
join:2000-08-11
NJ

2 recommendations

John2Jonnie to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

Hello!!!

The name is Jonnie and since my wife surprised me this weekend with an iPad2 I thought I'd start exploring and make this forum one of my favorites.

Slowly downloading some apps, I'm on my third page as of his morning, and getting iPad versions of some things I have on my Acer Iona Tablet.

Guess I should have visited before since I've had an iPod (2nd gen) for a couple of years now.