Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

1 edit

Stacy to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

Take me back!!!! I do not choose to post!

maggie2101
Mrs. Flippant
Premium Member
join:2001-10-09
Katy, TX

maggie2101 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hey y'all.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Speaking of which, I never did do my greeting.

First iDevice was January 2007, a shuffle.
This went to the 3g iPod Nano. (it got stolen)
From there, a 1G Touch
2 1G shuffles for the kids
in 2009, made the plunge with a MacBook (Unibody -- last ones before they all became Pro's)
2 iPod touchs (2G) for the kids
ended up with some 3G shuffles (3 of 'em)
5G nano
October 2010 I got the new MBA. (nice)
February 2011 iPhone 4
August 2011 a 4G shuffle for the car.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
i feel like I just snuck out the back door after midnite....

today I have completely converted/defected to iWorld. got my ipad2 a few weeks ago, today I got me an iphone4. no more little green guys.

somebody help me.

ocnetgeek8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-26
Oak Creek, WI

ocnetgeek8

Premium Member

Now you have to get a Mac to go with the iPad and the iPhone

kcttocs
Yes...?
Premium Member
join:2002-03-07
Missouri

1 recommendation

kcttocs to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Hello,

Recent convert here... I've owned an Iphone from day one, and finally decided to plop out the dough for a MacBook Air 13'. And Wow! I am impressed with this laptop. I will not go back. Well, other than what I have to use at work ~cough~ a Dell Probook 6450b

Scott

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
i'm closer to being complete I guess. I took the plunge and upgraded to a 4s today. time to have fun with Siri

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Just crashing the party.

This spring I got an iPad2 for work and then an iPhone4S to replace my cell phone. I have been a PC user since 1989 (an XT) and stayed PC ever since. We have three PCs in the house and I use a PC at work exclusively. I have no intention of changing. All are tools. The iPhone and iPad have their use in certain niches and excel at certain tasks. The various PS computers also excel at certain tasks. I live with those limitations. The PC computers are superb creators of content for my work while the iPhone and the iPad are better consumers of content. Such is life.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Always meant to do this ...
Start:
2g iPod Nano,
OG iPhone,
3G iPhone,
iPhone 4,
iPad 2
6g iPod Nano,
2G Apple TV,
3G Apple TV,
Mid 2011 Mac Mini,
2TB Apple Time Capsule
Present
I'm sure by the end of 2012 you will be able to add a 13" MBA or a 15"MBPR, A Thunderbolt display for the Mini, and of course an iPhone 5.

John2Jonnie
No Defeat ~ No Surrender
Premium Member
join:2000-08-11
NJ

2 recommendations

John2Jonnie to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos

Hello!!!

The name is Jonnie and since my wife surprised me this weekend with an iPad2 I thought I'd start exploring and make this forum one of my favorites.

Slowly downloading some apps, I'm on my third page as of his morning, and getting iPad versions of some things I have on my Acer Iona Tablet.

Guess I should have visited before since I've had an iPod (2nd gen) for a couple of years now.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
got an iPad3 for my birthday a few weeks ago, so far I love it!

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

Happy Birthday !
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos
Hey guys,

new here, though not new to DSLReports.com (been posting in Canadian forums and VoIP Tech Chat).

My first Apple product was a 40Gb back in 2005. In 2010 I replaced it with a 32Gb iPod Touch. Bought a 16Gb iPad 2 last summer.

After 28 years of Mac bashing (more out of fun torturing my Mac friends, really), a couple of weeks ago I decided to expand my knowledge of computing platforms, and since the Mac can run Windows and Linux, I figured I wouldn't be "losing" anything anyway. I first used a Mac (Macintosh II) in 1989, then last in 1995 (Mac SE or something...)

So anyway, last week I ordered a 27" iMac fully loaded (by that I mean that when you order from the Apple store, you set all the options such as processor, RAM, video... to the max selection). I also ordered a Thunderbolt display (I just can't work with only one monitor).

I'm currently still waiting for this stuff to be delivered, but I've already started lurking on this forum to see what you guys are saying so I can learn a bit while waiting for that beast to be delivered.

The display was shipped on Thursday but on Friday I got an e-mail from Apple telling me UPS had lost it in transit (how you lose something this big, I don't know). They're sending another one. Last time I checked the iMac was still being prepared. Hoping to get it for this coming long weekend.

Looking forward to asking you "newbie" questions. (I've owned computers since 1984, so it feels weird saying that).

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5 to tmpchaos

Premium Member

to tmpchaos
Came to All Things Macintosh forum when I got my 1st iPad.

Now on my 2nd iPad - an iPad3. And an Apple TV.
happy4ya
Premium Member
join:2004-10-31
West Babylon, NY

happy4ya to MichelR

Premium Member

to MichelR
said by MichelR:

After 28 years of Mac bashing (more out of fun torturing my Mac friends, really)

LOL, same here. I used to get into it with them just for the argument of "whatever you can do I can do with my PC".
said by MichelR:

a couple of weeks ago I decided to expand my knowledge of computing platforms, and since the Mac can run Windows and Linux, I figured I wouldn't be "losing" anything anyway. I first used a Mac (Macintosh II) in 1989, then last in 1995 (Mac SE or something...)

I got one last year for the same reason, except that I did not even know you can run Windows inside the Mac when I bought it. I just figured I had my Win 7 laptop here in case I needed to do something with Windows. My first Mac was around the same time as yours. My school had all Apple IIC's and IIE's and I was using them taking Basic Programming and Pascal classes and running a Commodore 64 at home.

I came here for a lot of Mac help and that is exactly what I got. There is definitely some good help here .

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two *Update*

said by not quite right:

Always meant to do this ...
Start:
2g iPod Nano,
OG iPhone,
3G iPhone,
iPhone 4,
iPad 2
6g iPod Nano,
2G Apple TV,
3G Apple TV,
Mid 2011 Mac Mini,
2TB Apple Time Capsule
Present
I'm sure by the end of 2012 you will be able to add a 13" MBA or a 15"MBPR, A Thunderbolt display for the Mini, and of course an iPhone 5.

It's official add the Thunderbolt display & 16GB of memory to the Mini.
cidknee0
join:2009-02-28

1 recommendation

cidknee0 to tmpchaos

to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

So im kinda new here, been on the forum and browsing around. I've been working with PeeCee's for almost 15 years and dabbled into the Apple world with iPods and such.

My wife got me my first MBP (17") for graduating college late 2011.

I love it, but have one gripe. Every morning I come into work and type on my Acer PC.... I have to squish my hands together, my Mac Keyboard so much more comfortable lol.