starreem
Premium
join:2000-12-22
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to tmpchaos

Re: Permanent Greeting, part two

Hello to all. My name is Starr. I bought a MacBook almost a year ago to try to understand the platform more, to be more helpful for my father. He wound up with a G4 to work with photos and video several years ago. He got sick of his WebTV and hauled off an bought a Dell Laptop to enjoy arm-chair surfing. I helped him network all his together to share printers and such.

I've been around Windows almost exclusively and MS-DOS machines even earlier than that. I maintain 12 Win98 boxes and an NT4 file server at my office. I've added a Mini at home, hopefully to integrate into my TV viewing, but still have two other XP laptops at home. One web-based software I use will only work with the IE. I'm also an authorized field service technician for a manufacturer we represent at the office, who has no hardware or software support for Apple. So I'll be a cross platform user for a long time to come.

I'm happy to keep Windows off my Mac's and truly enjoy not having to worry about virus updates and spyware and the like invading my Apple machines.
--
From the Depths of Lurk