uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zuhaib
King Of Fools
Premium,ExMod 2001
join:2000-06-29
San Francisco, CA

So now sales people are making false promises

Ok i am not one to make too many rants, but I am at my wits went with the lady (I have her name but will not post) who help me with the transfer of my service.
I am a current Speakeasy SDSL customer for business and has been great. Well we where moving our business to a different part of our building (we own it) but because of the way the city has it setup it has its own address. Also the new location i want to place the servers dont have a Phone jack, so i think this is great time to also just switch to VOIP. So i call up speakeasy and tell them the situation and she is like Sure, we can get your service move and get you VOIP.
I also told her we dont have phone jack in the new location and she said that is ok we will make sure to have the wiring done to make sure its done right for free (and i am like great!). We get the install setup, make sure about the fact i dont have a phone jack and the install will install a new wiring and everything. And well, today the installer shows up and guess what.
Its all FUBAR, no ok for inside wiring, she setups the line wrong which was not going to use the same IP's i already had (the tech who came called and fixed it), the work order had the wrong modem (so the tech was unprepared for my line). I mean it was just all FUBAR. So now i am going to install the jack myself as the Tech showed me how to do it (lucky its not that hard) but i just think if she was upfront i could have had the same guy who did my wiring run the phone line. This is just pissing me off. Ohhh, and the VOIP? They never sent me the adapters to hook up my regular phone . So no phone over the weekend. UGgggg!
--
I am Pakistani And No! I do not own a 7/11! And my NAME is not Apu!
My Blog

lorennerol
Premium
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA
said by Zuhaib:

Ohhh, and the VOIP? They never sent me the adapters to hook up my regular phone . So no phone over the weekend. UGgggg!
I hope you aren't planning on using a bunch of ATAs with their VoIP system.

The VoIP installs are complicated and SE can't handle them effectively without some kind of knowledgable 'client advocate': Either a trained partner or a inside IT pro. And even then getting a clean cutover is not trivial.

Good luck with your install.

Zuhaib
King Of Fools
Premium,ExMod 2001
join:2000-06-29
San Francisco, CA
Just two ATA i plan to use, but i would like to switch to pure SIP phones in time.
Well the good update is while getting transferred over to find out the ETA for my VoIP (which is 20 days because of the porting over, but i dont understand why they did not start that the day i ordered as i already had service) i got a hold of my sales rep manager just by luck. And i was explaining to him the situation and he was very help full and says he will look in to the miscommunication and why i was promised wiring when its something they dont do and he will set us up with a temp VoIP number that will go live faster them the ports so i can at lest have a few phones working in here.
So lets see....
--
I am Pakistani And No! I do not own a 7/11! And my NAME is not Apu!
My Blog