spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Targa
@knology.net

Targa

Anon

Terrible routing/pings with Knology

I play COD2 online and when I lived in downtown HSV, I had great pings to any CHI, TX or NYC server. I since moved to Madison in an apt and noticed I get terrible pings to the same servers now. I use to get 50 ms ping constantly. Then when I moved its anywhere from 50-120ms. From what I can tell it seems they overload their routers now which would explain the inconsistent pings.

Every tracert I've done I noticed that everything seems to go through ATL before it goes anywhere. Has anyone been able to get them to re-route their internet so it skips going to ATL? I don't remember what my tracerts looked like before I moved though.

I have tried internet tweaks and in-game tweaks which have done very little for me. I still have this problem after upgrading to their "Edge" service which I'm probably going to have to switch back if they can't help me.

And no there is no other internet available for me to switch to. Not buying a LAN line to use DSL. Unless someone knows a DSL provider in HSV/Madison that doesnt require a phone.

Thanks for reading.
Targa
join:2007-08-05
Huntsville, AL

1 edit

Targa

now waiting for this fiber "upgrade" they are doing.
bfrye
join:2002-03-12
West Point, GA

bfrye to Targa

to Targa
Send me your account info to bfrye@knology.net I would like to have someone look into your problem.
Bullz3yE
join:2007-01-31
Columbus, GA

Bullz3yE to Targa

to Targa
I play cod2 as well, I live in columbus, ga and i have had knology for like 5 years and thier service has been terrible for me since august of 2006, really bad ping spikes and routing almost all day everyday,ive called about 20 times and they always send some tech over who cant do anything about it.