MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

Did MTV3 go subscription? Also some FreeQAM changes

Channel 141 and 605 here is MTV3. I know its usually Spanish programming, but sometimes there are blocks of videos in English. Today I am getting a "Not Authorized" Message on the cable box. Also it used to be on Channel 92-5 with a QAM tuner, but now my TV says "Scrambled Channel or Weak Signal". Well I can tell you I don't think its a weak signal because I am getting 8/10 bars of signal strength on my TV's signal meter.

My question is,
Was it encrypted and then put on the Spanish Tier? Comcast Selecto $29.95/month or whatever it's called?

Or is MTV3 having problems in general?

Oh I just checked and none of the Spanish channels in the 600's are coming in anymore. We used to get History Channel, CNN-E, Fox Sports Spanish, Discovery Spanish, and ESPN Deportes. Toon Disney Spanish on 607 still comes in fine.

I updated my QAM channel list for HDTV's:
»home.comcast.net/~cypher ··· eqam.htm

Removed today are all the Spanish programming on Ch 104-xx and MTV3 on 92-5.

CRP2
Comcast of Ocean County
join:2005-12-26
Brick, NJ

CRP2

Still have it in NJ.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

We just got a Channel line up card with this months bill. MTV3 is still listed under the Digital Preferred package like it has always been. I just sent Comcast an e-mail to confirm there isn't an issue.

It's no big deal to me, as I don't speak Spanish. But like I said there is some English programming on there from time to time.

siouxmoux
@comcast.net

siouxmoux

Anon

As I remember MTV3 was always encrypted QAM and on the Digital Preferred package and Spanish Digital Tier. Ironic you could watch this channel for free on 40 - KMMC-LP
ragnarock
join:2004-09-25

ragnarock to cypherstream

to cypherstream
Does your wife catch you watching the spanish channels even thought you can't speak it? I thought I was the only one. lol
patspub
join:2005-02-10
Philadelphia, PA

patspub to cypherstream

to cypherstream
I'll have to check this out when I get home from work today.
patspub

patspub to cypherstream

to cypherstream
Working fine here in Philly(channels 141 & 605) Don't know what they are saying but I'm paying for it.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Cypherstream is talking about QAM, w/o a cable box.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

said by sansri88:

Cypherstream is talking about QAM, w/o a cable box.
Well even with a cable box it says "Not Authorized".

I'll have to check when I get home and see if it is still that way. I understand if they started auditing the system and encrypting some of the extra Spanish channels. In turn messing up MTV3 by accident.

sansri88
digital is here
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
New York, NY

sansri88

Premium Member

Ooo that's strange, because I get it like patspub.

cypherstream
MVM
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

Ok they fixed it today. MTV3 now comes in on all my boxes like it did before they encrypted it.

I thought that it may of been a mistake when they redid the Spanish tier and encrypted those channels.