spc
Search similar:

uniqs

downinkc
@questdiagnostics.com

downinkc

Anon

Sunrocket stealing numbers back??

Went through the transition, ported my number to Packet8. This was completed on July 18th. Everything working fine, calls working through Packet8. Sunrocket gizzmo unplugged. A check on Sunrocket showed nothing going there. Thought everything was fine.

Today, started getting voicemail alerts through email from Sunrocket. When you dial my number, rings to Sunrocket then voicemail. I had Sunrocket set up to alert me to voicemail.

I called Packet8, they did some tests, then stated that several people are having the same problem. Seems that Sunrocket/Teleblend are stealing some numbers back. Packet8 is escalating it but thought that I would let people know if all of a sudden they stop getting calls.

Another chapter in the saga......

loitus
@bc-egan.com

loitus

Anon

Weird.. Thankfully I've not had that problem, I ported about 3 weeks ago. So far so good.

dmolavi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-11
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi to downinkc

Premium Member

to downinkc
damn, now that's illegal

Hosed in WI
@ulting-fujitsu.com

Hosed in WI to downinkc

Anon

to downinkc
This is absolutely happening. I have been working with Packet8 for several days now trying to get my number ported correctly. They (Packet8) are escalating the issue to the FCC and have asked me to file a complaint with them as well.

According to the Supervisor I spoke with at Packet8, there are hundreds of numbers that Teleblend is now holding captive.

If you want to file an FCC complaint as well (I did), you should use this link: »www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

Teleblend should be put out of business for engaging in this type if illegal activity.

voiplover
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Portsmouth, NH

voiplover to downinkc

Premium Member

to downinkc
How about becoming a member here so that other members can PM you with info.
Thank you

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi to Hosed in WI

Premium Member

to Hosed in WI
said by Hosed in WI :

This is absolutely happening. I have been working with Packet8 for several days now trying to get my number ported correctly. They (Packet8) are escalating the issue to the FCC and have asked me to file a complaint with them as well.

According to the Supervisor I spoke with at Packet8, there are hundreds of numbers that Teleblend is now holding captive.

If you want to file an FCC complaint as well (I did), you should use this link: »www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

Teleblend should be put out of business for engaging in this type if illegal activity.
are they holding them captive, as in refusing to let the port go through, or are they actually "stealing" back ported numbers?

odd that this is happening w/ packet 8, one of the "preferred providers"....
loitus2
join:2003-08-07
Neshanic Station, NJ

loitus2 to downinkc

to downinkc
I can see how they can prevent a # from being ported properly, but to reverse a port seems highly unusual if even possible.

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi

Premium Member

said by loitus2:

I can see how they can prevent a # from being ported properly, but to reverse a port seems highly unusual if even possible.
it's not a reverse port, it's just TB porting from P8, or whomever else. however, since it's done w/o your permission, it's illegal. if this is happening, that is...

voiplover
Premium Member
Portsmouth, NH

voiplover

Premium Member

This is the 1st thread that I notice anyone saying that TB ported their #. Too bad it seems to be an unwanted port.
Dissonance
join:2007-03-26
Floral Park, NY

Dissonance to downinkc

to downinkc
Wow for real?
The service doesn't work yet and they're gonna force you to use it...
downinkc
join:2007-08-09
Prairie Village, KS

downinkc to voiplover

to voiplover
Ok, couldn't find it earlier but I am now registered.

Thanks!!
jay_rm
join:2002-04-12
Netville

jay_rm to dmolavi

to dmolavi
said by dmolavi:

said by loitus2:

it's not a reverse port, it's just TB porting from P8, or whomever else. however, since it's done w/o your permission, it's illegal. if this is happening, that is...
In the old days, this was called 'slamming' and is most assuredly illegal, if true..

voiplover
Premium Member
Portsmouth, NH

voiplover to downinkc

Premium Member

to downinkc
Did you ever sign up with TB?

abcxyz
@unl.edu

abcxyz to downinkc

Anon

to downinkc
I'm curious, did the people having this problem also sign up with Teleblend, in addition to someone else (and submitted a port request to the other provider), in order to "save their number"? Maybe Teleblend is saying, "nope they signed with us, we take priority over the "other" providers.

Or is this happening to people that never signed with Teleblend?
tj008
join:2004-06-24
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit

tj008 to downinkc

to downinkc
This "line snatch-back" occured to the SR numbers we ported too.

All was well at the end of the day however.

Had to reactivate Forwarding calls from SR to my other numbers to get calls that day.

What is amazing is that I ported the numbers from SR NOT Teleblender. TB was the one yanking back numbers. The sheer audacity!

Anyone who is with these bozos past a month or two (to port out) is a fool! Their craftiness wont stop.
Dissonance
join:2007-03-26
Floral Park, NY

Dissonance to downinkc

to downinkc
Down, is it going to sunrocket no matter what phone you call from?
I know that Teleblend hasnt been updating their DB's so calls from other SR phones still route to your SR gizmo.
downinkc
Prairie Village, KS

downinkc to voiplover

to voiplover
Yes, only to keep my number. Then have tried to cancel but don't have a half day to be on hold.
downinkc

downinkc to Dissonance

to Dissonance
Calls from Packet8, doctor's office, my office.

All going to Sunrocket.
loitus2
join:2003-08-07
Neshanic Station, NJ

loitus2 to abcxyz

to abcxyz
said by abcxyz :

I'm curious, did the people having this problem also sign up with Teleblend, in addition to someone else (and submitted a port request to the other provider), in order to "save their number"? Maybe Teleblend is saying, "nope they signed with us, we take priority over the "other" providers.

Or is this happening to people that never signed with Teleblend?
I can say I never signed up w/ Teleblend and don't have any issue yet w/ my P8 port.
jay_rm
join:2002-04-12
Netville

jay_rm to downinkc

to downinkc
said by downinkc:

Yes, only to keep my number. Then have tried to cancel but don't have a half day to be on hold.
Well, there's the answer to that...

Another vast Teleblend conspiracy solved.

Hosed in WI
@dmr.com

Hosed in WI to downinkc

Anon

to downinkc
I would be happy to sign up - just having found the Register button yet.

I have never signed up with Teleblend so they have no reason to be keeping my number. I did on one of the first days start to fill out their registration form (which I believed included my Sunrocket phone number) but never completed the transaction.

The odd thing is they are releasing the numbers via the official port process (Packet8 confirmed that), they are just not taking the numbers out of their system.

Right now if you call my ported number from a Packet8 phone, it works just fine. If you call it from the outside world the call is unable to route correctly as it is registered on two different systems.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to downinkc

Premium Member

to downinkc
Doesn't Packet8 (or the clec) have to approve the ports going out. Sounds like someone at P8 (or the clec) may have also dropped the ball.

Could Teleblend be doing bulk ports of all SR numbers not paying attention to who signed up with them or not.

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi to jay_rm

Premium Member

to jay_rm
said by jay_rm:
said by dmolavi:
said by loitus2:

In the old days, this was called 'slamming' and is most assuredly illegal, if true..
yeah, i've posted about that here before.

chalk up one more FCC violation to credit to TB.

Now, to clear things up, are the only people who are experiencing this signed up w/ TB (to save number, etc)? Or are non-TB subscribers who went to another provider (not necessarily packet8) also seeing this?
dmolavi

dmolavi to tj008

Premium Member

to tj008
who were you porting to? (see my msg above)
dmolavi

dmolavi to dcurrey

Premium Member

to dcurrey
said by dcurrey:

Doesn't Packet8 (or the clec) have to approve the ports going out. Sounds like someone at P8 (or the clec) may have also dropped the ball.

Could Teleblend be doing bulk ports of all SR numbers not paying attention to who signed up with them or not.

IIRC, the port is a "pull". The losing company doesn't have to do anything (that's why people can still port from SR, even though there's nobody at SR to do anything)
Hosed in WI
Muskego, WI

Hosed in WI to dmolavi

to dmolavi
said by dmolavi:

Now, to clear things up, are the only people who are experiencing this signed up w/ TB (to save number, etc)? Or are non-TB subscribers who went to another provider (not necessarily packet8) also seeing this?
I never signed up with TB, if that helps.
tj008
join:2004-06-24
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit

tj008 to dmolavi

to dmolavi
said by dmolavi:

I ported to VoicePulse. On Tuesday, the numbers were yanked back. Calls showed up in the SR Member portal.

VoicePulse yanked em back harder. Got a call around 5pm that all was well.

It just goes to show you that TB TOS is true and they will make it very hard for you (at their sole discretion) to port out once they get their act together. Of course this happened without their act being together.

dmolavi
Premium Member
Cherry Hill, NJ

dmolavi

Premium Member

said by tj008:
said by dmolavi:

I ported to VoicePulse. On Tuesday, the numbers were yanked back. Calls showed up in the SR Member portal.

VoicePulse yanked em back harder. Got a call around 5pm that all was well.

if you guys can get documentation from your new provider that this occured, I suggest you do so ASAP and promptly file a slamming complaint w/ the FCC and your state AG. They don't take this sort of thing lightly.

WasNewUser
@mchsi.com

WasNewUser to downinkc

Anon

to downinkc
i think you will only have a valid complaint for numbers you ported into SunRocket, i know a few 1000(at least) that were assigned were never paid for right so i really doubt those can be transfered out.
Hosed in WI
Muskego, WI

Hosed in WI to dmolavi

to dmolavi
said by dmolaviif :

you guys can get documentation from your new provider that this occured, I suggest you do so ASAP and promptly file a slamming complaint w/ the FCC and your state AG. They don't take this sort of thing lightly.
I have already done so (at the direction of Packet8). Any one else in this situation can do the same at: »www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html