Search similar:

uniqs

jschieck
@comcast.net

jschieck

Anon

[Connectivity] latency issues

Hey everyone,

I have comcast in Orlando, FL and keep getting latency jumps every few seconds or so when playing games and such. I'm not real big on networking but know my way around with stuff and have tried everything from getting rid of my router, new drivers, happens on both wireless and wired internet. My download speed is fine it just seems like I'm getting packet loss somewhere. Hopefully these will help someone figure out whats wrong, thanks in advance!

Google ping: »aycu27.webshots.com/imag ··· 7_rs.jpg
Google trace:»aycu21.webshots.com/imag ··· 0_rs.jpg
Pingplotter:»aycu32.webshots.com/imag ··· 3_rs.jpg
Modem stats: »aycu28.webshots.com/imag ··· 5_rs.jpg

jschieck

jschieck

Anon

Also there's this, I don't know what any of it means

»/tweak ··· a=normal

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium Member
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD

JahsDisciple to jschieck

Premium Member

to jschieck
what is your snr and not sure about your area, but i dont believe there's a 3mb download speed in mines. you sure that's the download speed you're paying for?

Quaoar
join:2004-08-11
Fort Collins, CO

Quaoar

Strange, it would be 4mb/s and 384 at the least, and he OP has this +/-.

Everyone who games and has "lag" starts by blaming Comcast, when they should be blaming the game servers.

Q

jschieck
@comcast.net

jschieck to jschieck

Anon

to jschieck
well it's wierd, when i do a speedtest sometimes it's right near 6mbps where it should be and other times it's really low, even when i'm testing back to back. right now i'm testing and it's around 2mbps, but just a half hour ago it was 6mbps. it's so wierd, i'm trying to get in contact with someone from comcast right now.

what did you mean by snr?

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium Member
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD

JahsDisciple

Premium Member

signal to noise ratio? usually on the modem stat page with the other two main signals i see on your post. if that's off, could explain your issue. also try testing your speed at another site. i like speakeasy.net/speedtest as well.

Quaoar
join:2004-08-11
Fort Collins, CO

Quaoar to jschieck

to jschieck
Doing speed tests is a real problem. You should investigate a number of servers for each test site. The idea is that the highest download speed is the highest that you can replicate from any server/site combination.

As an example, the San Francisco server on Speakeasy is the only one of Speakeasy, Speedtest.net, and testmy.net that gives me consistent high download results. Testmy.net bounces around dramaticall, but the high results are consistent with the SF/Speakeasy test. Speedtest.net appears to be dominated by many low/medium speed networks/servers incapable of handling my download tier.

Q
Cabledude133
join:2007-08-10
Trenton, NJ

Cabledude133

well there def is an issue.

Prob not signal but bad wire.

just a guess go in the modem usually (192.168.100.1) and whats the signal say?

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by Cabledude133:

just a guess go in the modem usually (192.168.100.1) and whats the signal say?
Check their original post, though no SNR stat..