share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

How late does UPS deliver?

I have been waiting for an Airconditioner to arrive all day, it is now after 8 PM and it still shows it out for delivery, WTF? Is there still a chance I'll get it today, or do I have to wait until Monday? Gosh I hope not, this heat is murder.
--
You know your life has gotten "DICEY" when it turns into an episode of LOST, like my ex wife, who I swear is one of "The Others"... !!!Save Lives: Join Team Discovery AND Team Helix, it is easy and painless to do!!!

SOLdesign
Did I drink a shot of Irrational Whore?
Premium
join:2002-07-29
Woodland Hills, CA

Ive gotten deliveries very late (almost 10pm) however, sometimes "out for delivery" late in the day has meant they did not make it to my house and it would be next day... sorry

Ken
Premium,MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN
reply to signmeuptoo

Latest I have ever had UPS come is 9pm.

AdamB

join:2001-01-07
Columbus, OH
reply to signmeuptoo

I got some shoes at around 11PM once. I heard a noise outside at 11pm and the next day when I left the house my shoes were there.
--
SBC/Yahoo DSL: 2478/427 on 3000/512

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
reply to signmeuptoo

Latest I have seen is 7 PM..but that was during Christmas / holiday time.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK
reply to signmeuptoo

From my experience with them if it is on the truck it should get there tonight.

sdgthy

@optonline.net
reply to signmeuptoo

It can depend quite a bit on what type of area you are in. In city or urban areas, most deliveries are during the morning to early afternoon, and then they do pickups during the late afternoon. Normally, the're back to the terminal around 7pm. During the busy Xmas season, it's not unusual for deliveries to occur very late. I wouldn't expect a late delivery this time of year, unless you're in some really rural area.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

I am in a very rural area so I am going to hope. I don't suppose they go out on Saturday? We are slated for continued 100+ degree heat here.

removed
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX
kudos:40

1 recommendation

Nope. Saturday delivery costs extra. You're gonna have to suck it up 'til Monday!

chmod
Premium
join:2000-12-12
Lockport, IL

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

Charitable items only arrive m-f from what I understand.

sdgthy

@optonline.net
reply to signmeuptoo

UPS doesn't do Saturday, without extra cost. Fed-X ground does, but they also don't deliver on Mondays.

I feel for you on the 100+ heat, just broke a mini heatwave here today. Anything over 90 gets rough. 55 here now, so I could finally turn the fans off.

nfixit2004
Premium
join:2004-01-06
Brooklyn, NY
reply to swintec

said by swintec:

Latest I have seen is 7 PM..but that was during Christmas / holiday time.
The latest for me was about 7pm also, but I guess its way pass that time, thats the worst when you see out for delivery on their site and it does not come!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to sdgthy

Oh what I would give for 55 right now. It is 86 in my room and humid as all get out, and this is as cool as it has been for 2 weeks. I don't know how my woman in the Philippines does it.

Expand your moderator at work

sdgthy

@optonline.net
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: How late does UPS deliver?

I know it, room temp was hitting 90+ just 2 or 3 days ago.
The room with my server got to 97.

One big reason I'm thankful the heat usually doesn't last long here.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by sdgthy :

I know it, room temp was hitting 90+ just 2 or 3 days ago.
The room with my server got to 97.

One big reason I'm thankful the heat usually doesn't last long here.
God bless you. I used to have a swamp cooler.
--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

chmod
Premium
Lockport, IL
reply to signmeuptoo

To stay on topic, ups drivers dont have a/c at all. They drive those bread truck type deals with the door hanging open. Its like a tin roof on a little southern shack just radiating heat like a photon beam. I'm sure they are suffering just as much. God speed to your new a/c unit, its a hot one out there.
--
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 edit

Thank you. I know all about it. I used to be a legal courier in Houston for several years. I wore a full suit and tie and drove around like a maniac with no AC in the Houston heat and humidity, usually working at least 14 hours a day, running as fast as I could in and out of buildings and sweating like a pig.

Problem is that I am out of my blood pressure medicine and am at risk of heart attack, I have extremely high BP, alarmingly high.
--
You know your life has gotten "DICEY" when it turns into an episode of LOST, like my ex wife, who I swear is one of "The Others"... !!!Save Lives: Join Team Discovery AND Team Helix, it is easy and painless to do!!!

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to signmeuptoo

Every once in a while, it can say out for delivery then not show up until the next day. I had that happen recently, it was out, and never came, then I checked the site about 9 and it said "scheduled for redelivery", maybe the driver got tired lol. We are in a very rural area out here too, but with all the packages we get, they all know our address to a T

OT, but any UPS ground stuff over 400 miles goes by Railroad (piggy back), Fedex ground and DHL also ship HUGE amounts by rail, as does the US Mail--> a shameless plug for my railroad brothers

--
»www.gorail.org
See MAJOR freight&passenger action@ the Galesburg, IL RailCam! »205.245.189.161:1100/
My soon to be employer,as an Asst.Conductor-
»www.amtrak.com
»www.modocrailroadacademy.com -Grad,Class of 2-07,woohoo!

LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to signmeuptoo

Latest delivery out here is 7PM.
Waited for a package from them that I wanted to return via that same delivery person...I waited from 2PM...saw the truck drive by my house...I checked - no package...at about 7:15, I heard a 'thunk' on the front steps...dang driver dropped the package off...didn't even knock on the door! Boy! was I PO.
I hate when they do that. I called UPS and complained...they said all the drivers were running late and the heat was bad for them. So I told the person that I had seen the same truck drive by earlier (license plate) and why he didn't deliver it then? Person said that the other delivery on his list came first...told him BS...same house number, but next corner down from me...driver could have turned the corner and come up the block to my house...2 minutes to do that!!! Person had no answer to that!
Oh well!
--
Lonnie

quetwo
That VoIP Guy
Premium
join:2004-09-04
East Lansing, MI

That is actually true. UPS will load their trucks based on priority. Company I worked for would get about 150 packages a day, so UPS would deliver 4-times, and pick up once. They would do a delivery before 8, one at 9, one at 10, and one at 3pm or so. Pickup was at 4:30pm. Save driver. They do this because people pay for 8am delivery, 9am delivery, "express" delivery and then regular ground. They have a list of deliveries, and which packages they need to deliver and in which order.

When you work in a place that gets lots of packages, you get to know the delivery people very well. John (UPS), Carl (FedEx) and Jamie (DHL) were all very friendly.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
reply to signmeuptoo

What you can try and do is call UPS and tell them to leave it at their UPS pick up location, if there is one near you and they are open on Saturday. Unless this is some humongous ac unit and you don't want to have to put it in your car.

te1006

join:2004-12-17
Daleville, AL
reply to signmeuptoo

Ive spent many nights on the phone to UPS they always told me that if its on the truck it will be delivered. But it never happens. One morning I went out early and it was on my door step. Ive called UPS 800 number with the same problem at least 6 times "cant find address". Didnt have any problems until the last year.

They usually make my house about 5pm if i dont see them by 7pm I can forget.

Its not just UPS it is also FED EX. If it gets late they go home.

luvups

@rr.com
reply to signmeuptoo

Depending upon your local area it can very, but be assured the package will be bounced and dropped many times before delivery.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to LadyL

The standard for UPS is 7pm local time. But if the package is already on the truck they MUST deliver or a tempt to deliver all packages before they return to the terminal.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to quetwo

The list of delivering based on priority is not true here. I work for Lowe's in Shipping and all of our packages come at once on one truck at the same time every day 9:30-10am by UPS, and FedEx. Our pick up is the same time. I think it depends on who is your driver and what their mood is for the day. My home delivery is after 3:30pm with UPS and about 4PM with DHL and 3:30 with FedEx.

I know that businesses do get their packages and pickups before a certain time each day (due to the closing hours).

With UPS all of your packages should be grouped together for one delivery that way it eliminates the need to drive back and fourth the computer system should have them all together since they use BOTH address and the tracking number for delivery.

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to signmeuptoo

The latest UPS delivers is 9PM however if the driver is overloaded he may come as late as 10 or 11.

I've actually had UPS deliver at 9 and after 9pm. But only residential areas and it's rare that they deliver after 9.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo

Update: Although it was "out for deliver" it now shows being transferred to a closer city. WTF?