All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
navmed82
join:2007-08-11

navmed82

Slow speeds, high ping times, Comcast no help

I'm really pissed at comcast right now. I have had many issues for 8 months now. the most recent has been happening for about a week now. I have a business class account. For the past week I get intermittent (greater than 50% of the time) slow downs. It takes www.apple.com 65 seconds to load. I can get up and walk away from my computer and come back and it's still not loaded sometimes. My ping times to some sites are in the 800-1000ms range. I can't traceroute anything because it times out. A lot of servers i try to ping time out with 100% packet loss. On the download speed test I usually get 600kbs down with 100kbs up. This is driving me nuts. The tech came out, but left without talking to me. Nothing is fixed. I tried calling the support number yet again (I call it so much i have it memorized) He had the nerve to tell me "I don't dispute that you believe you have a problem" but it looked fine on his end, and he had no history of trouble on the line. (which I have a file of at least 20 trouble ticket numbers they always seem to lose) When it was time warner I had no issues at all. The day comcast took over, literally it all fell apart (that was the first day i had an issue) Does anyone have any suggestions what might be going on or what i can do? other than cancel my account. my only other option is DSL which i don't want to do.

JahsDisciple
Living my life like it's golden
Premium Member
join:2007-07-07
Baltimore, MD

JahsDisciple

Premium Member

what are your signal levels?

NOVA Resident
@comcast.net

NOVA Resident to navmed82

Anon

to navmed82
Same problem with Comcast. Using TracerT I can see 2 Comcast servers with Ping times of over 3500 (each at different times). I went to Comcast online chat and they gave me an e-mail address to send the complaint to that is supposed to deal with this directly. Both servers are in Richmond, VA. It makes playing BF2 IMPOSSIBLE - either I get a "Problem with your connection" error every 10-15 seconds and freeze or I get kicked for a ping being too high. This is RIDICULOUS. We'll see what happens, but I doubt some server fairy is going to read my e-mail and say, "Doh, guess we should fix this". Didn't have this problem with Adelphia; only with the switch to Comcast.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34 to navmed82

Premium Member

to navmed82
Email the regional VP.

The tech leaving without saying anything and the CSR claiming they have no record of your trouble tickets is par for the course - they both are 100% worthless.

It doesn't matter what your signal levels are unless they are bad - packet loss can be severe with normal signal levels. Since that is all that they check, they will never help you.