Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44 to richgel77

Premium Member

to richgel77

Re: Time Warner Cable pedestal fire pics

ive seen peds erupt in flames. usually it because of a house neutral going bad and sending house voltage thru the cable plant. dont be surprised if it doesnt happen again. using a propane torch to heat shrinkwrap, ive never seen that cause a fire. my biggest question is tho why is the first picture on the corner and the fire damage is in the middle of the fence. the picture are clearly no where near each other. look at the pictures closer people. the one with the ped has grass on the other side of the fence. the fire damaged one has a road or some type of concrete on the other side. i know its from different sides but i have to join the BS category from what my eyes see in the pictures. what people dont come up with on the internet.
richgel77
join:2007-08-09
Plano, TX

richgel77

There are two pedestals behind the fence. One is (obviously) gone - it was removed sometime shortly after the fire, before I arrived home to take pictures.

I included the other pedestal because it shows how sloppy TW's work sometimes is in this area. They leave the pedestals wide open, with wires running all over.

anonCableGuy
@verizon.com

anonCableGuy

Anon

I used to work for Comcast & TWC in Plano - my best advice is this: If you cant get them to bury the cables, call the City and file a complaint. You will be amazed at how quickly they will respond...although given this situation I'm sure they will bury the cables.