uniqs

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Useless

Most people have DVRs because they can skip ads.
Jonbo298
join:2004-01-12
Council Bluffs, IA

Jonbo298

Yeah. While DVR's are popular because its easier then trying to use the ol' VCR and whatnot, its the skipping of ads that is most beneficial. I can watch a show like Jericho in 40 minutes rather then having to sit through the entire friggin hour due to ads.

Its mainly why when I watched TV more, I'd just record the show, do something else, and watch it later because I can only waste 40 minutes or so watching the show rather the the entire hour when I can do something else for that entire hour.
bmn
? ? ?

join:2001-03-15
hiatus

1 edit

bmn to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
Exactly. When I watch a Tivo'ed show, I skip all the ads.

Nothing more annoying than watching a show and being bombarded with impotence... Sorry, "ED", drugs every couple of minutes.

jtudor
MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

jtudor to Jonbo298

MVM

to Jonbo298
OT --

Hey man, another Jericho fan here.

NUTS to you!

(as one fan to another, I am sure you understand!!)

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

1 recommendation

RARPSL to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

There is also the advantage of being able to record a show while viewing another that is being aired at the same time as well as doing "Time Shifting" (recording a show for viewing later due to not being there to watch it when it airs or due to it airing at an inconvenient time [such as a rebroadcast when you are sleeping]).

As an example of Time Shifting, I was on vacation a few weeks back and had my DVR record the shows I would normally be watching and then viewed them once I got home.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

Second that. Skipping all the commercials is the best part of having a DVR.
ElJay
join:2004-03-17
Portland, ME
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

1 edit

ElJay to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
With all of the product placement going on today, they should be paying US to watch these shows. I probably would not be watching TV at all if it was not for my MythTV box and its commercial flagging ability. As product placement continues to become more intrusive I will probably get frustrated with it and just give up TV completely. I would not mind saving myself about $700 a year after ditching the cable subscription, not to mention the countless hours I waste watching it.

Sircolby450
join:2005-11-26

Sircolby450 to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
Couldn't agree more. "The service won't let you fast-forward through ads" That is a deal breaker for me.

NPGMBR
join:2001-03-28
Arlington, VA

NPGMBR to jtudor

to jtudor
Ditto that. Another Fan here a well.