Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

inferno3387

join:2006-06-14
Jacksonville, FL

3 edits

New information about bandwidth limits!

Hey peps, I got some new information for people worried about their bandwidth usage. I just contacted comcast, they told me I used too much bandwidth (455 gigs) in one month. I asked how they picked my number. He told me that they only pick the top .01% of the people using the top bandwidth and they warn/terminate those people. They ignore the other people, just mess with the top 0.01%

They don't have a limit, but if you get into the top 0.1% in usage, they will get you in trouble. So, if you don't use anymore than that, you don't have to worry about anything!

Good luck with Comcast!

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
In previous discussions (Bandwidth Limits link above), Comcast reps have said (in newspaper interviews) it's actually %0.01 of users that trip the alarm. Give 12 million customers, I imagine it's a lot closer to 1,200 than 12,000.
--
Anonymous posts are ignored. If you wish to be heard, speak for yourself.
Interested in open source engine management for your Subaru?

jbob
Reach Out and Touch Someone
Premium
join:2004-04-26
Little Rock, AR
reply to inferno3387
Ok is this a nationwide limit, a regional limit, a CMTS limit, a node limit? I wonder what would happen if everyone cut back to less than 30 GBs in a month. Would the top 0.1 or 0.01 % get warned? lol

inferno3387

Jacksonville, FL
Thanks, forgot that... added the 0 into the post, maybe someone will contact comcast about it and complain?

inferno3387

Jacksonville, FL
said by jbob:

Ok is this a nationwide limit, a regional limit, a CMTS limit, a node limit? I wonder what would happen if everyone cut back to less than 30 GBs in a month. Would the top 0.1 or 0.01 % get warned? lol
That is the nationwide limit. If everyone that has comcast downloads 1 gig, and you download 2 gigs, your screwed. I wish they would give a specific number, and if you download too much it would shut you off for the rest of THAT month, not just terminate you.

I was told by the comcast security team that they cant check my current month's bandwidth, they have to wait till the next month. By that time I wont know if I went over or not, and they will terminate me. They have a pathetic system setup right now...

inferno3387

Jacksonville, FL
Does anyone else have any questions about this issue?

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
said by inferno3387:

Your acting as if you have answers.
--
CableFAQ.org/Technicians Unplugged

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10

1 edit
reply to inferno3387
said by inferno3387:

If everyone that has comcast downloads 1 gig, and you download 2 gigs, your screwed.
LOLLL !!!

Not
--
Let us never forget 9/11

inferno3387

Jacksonville, FL
reply to CableTool
said by CableTool:

said by inferno3387:

What? Thats more of an answer than any other thread I have seen on this site. Explain that?

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2
reply to inferno3387
The sky is falling!!!11!1!!

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to inferno3387
said by inferno3387:

said by CableTool:

said by inferno3387:

What? Thats more of an answer than any other thread I have seen on this site. Explain that?
Everything you posted is old news. It still leaves open "How much is too much" How can one know if they are at the top .01%? They know when the get the call.
This is everyones gripe. Everyone knows there is no hard limit, everyone knows its only the top abusers.
You have posted nothing new that the past 20 threads totaling 2000 posts havent gone over.
Its just funny that after some dormancy of the thread you pop back in with "Any questions?" Like you actually have new information or answers.

--
CableFAQ.org/Technicians Unplugged

rick97

@comcast.net
reply to inferno3387
It pretty much goes by how loaded the node is ..

inferno3387

Jacksonville, FL
reply to CableTool
said by CableTool:

Everything you posted is old news. It still leaves open "How much is too much" How can one know if they are at the top .01%? They know when the get the call.
This is everyones gripe. Everyone knows there is no hard limit, everyone knows its only the top abusers.
You have posted nothing new that the past 20 threads totaling 2000 posts havent gone over.
Its just funny that after some dormancy of the thread you pop back in with "Any questions?" Like you actually have new information or answers.

What? I told you the new news... If your in the top 0.01% of the "abusers" you will get terminated or you will get the note. That is new news. That actually helps out better than, "I don't know how much I can use a month". That means if you use too much, you will get eaten by the ugly comcast machine!

Trying to help the forum out, but people like you just piss me off

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
said by inferno3387:

[That actually helps out better than, "I don't know how much I can use a month".
Does it really ?? How ?

Is that called "fuzzy logic" ?
--
Let us never forget 9/11

MadMANN3
Premium
join:2005-08-19
kudos:2
reply to inferno3387
Do we really need another one of these threads?

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23
reply to inferno3387
For those unaware, everything you need to know about bandwidth abuse issues for Comcast subscribers is likely here ---> »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Does Comcast have bandwidth use limits?
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .