All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
MoreSurf4Me
join:2007-08-24

MoreSurf4Me to cynewulf

to cynewulf

Re: [AZ] Need a firmware update for Motorola Surfboard SB5120

I have been trying to hook up my Buffalo WYR-G54 router to my SB5120 for the past couple days. I cloned the MAC address and set the IP address range to 192.168.100.0 subset. But it still will not work. It works individually with my two computer fine but just won't work with the router. It actually keeps resetting it cuz the diag light keeps coming on every 5 mins or so. Am I not setting something or does there need to be something done to the modem? Or even Comcast?

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

Could someone share what version of firmware their SB5120 is running now?
Thanks.

jsimmons
MVM
join:2000-04-24
Falls Church, VA

jsimmons

MVM

Here's mine:

Software Version: SB5120-2.19.0.8-SCM02-NOSH
Hardware Version: 4
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.4

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

Software Version: SB5120-2.19.0.10-SCM01-NOSH

Thanks jsimmons, here's mine.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway to MoreSurf4Me

Premium Member

to MoreSurf4Me
Try resetting the router back to the factory default settings (see the instructions), then disconnect the AC power from the modem, router and the computers for at least 30 seconds. Turn on the modem and let it sync up to the Cox network. Then, power up the router and let it sync up. Finally, turn on the computers. This may well solve the problem.

If still no go, since this is wireless router, try to get Internet access through at least one computer by using a wired connection between the computer and the router (after making the wired connection, go through the sequence in my first paragraph again). Once you succeed, then deal with setting up the wireless link. Things go easier if complications are out of the way.
Steve Clark
join:2001-06-10
Peoria, AZ

Steve Clark to jsimmons

to jsimmons
Software Version: SB5120-2.19.0.10-SCM01-NOSH