FUJIFILM FinePix S4500
9.1mm 1/100th F4.2 ISO100

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S4500
10.5mm 1/100th F4.5 ISO100

Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S4500
4.3mm 1/400th F3.1 ISO100

Made some shish kabobs with chunks of flat iron steak and vidallia onion. The sauce is made from 2 parts honey and one part soy sauce which is cooked down till it's nice and thick. I wait until the meat is almost done before I brush on the sauce and then a final coat when I take them off the grill.

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4

4 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-M919
4.2mm 1/15th F2.2 ISO1000

Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-M919

Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-M919

An afternoon get together at a friend's house...

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
join:2001-05-24
Houston, TX
kudos:2

3 recommendations

reply to SueS
Tried these tonight. Very tasty although they would be better with home made meatballs.
Prep time was only about 20 minutes and 15 minutes bake time.
Served them with a spicy marinara sauce.

»www.menumusings.blogspot.com/201···uns.html

EASTMAN KODAK Z740 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
6.3mm 1/60th F2.8 ISO80

Golden brown goodness

6.3mm 1/60th F2.8 ISO80

Pulled apart nicely

6.3mm 1/60th F2.8 ISO80

Mmmm, cheeeeeese

--
Today I saw something that reminded me of you. But don’t worry, I flushed and everything went back to normal.

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

3 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I've kind of gone missing here since switching to using my 5mp phone camera, but I do still do tons of food photos, and some recent food/dining experiences made it so I just HAD to post...

Tuesday, I headed from the QCA to Omaha to see Steely Dan live... since that put Des Moines about right in the middle, I had 2 built in eating stops....

On the way out, I stopped at Zombie Burger and Drink Lab.... a pretty cool place, with interesting burger choices... similar to Kuma's Corner in Chicago, but zombie oriented rather than rock and roll.
»www.zombieburgerdm.com/
»www.zombieburgerdm.com/menu.pdf

I had the double patty Planet Terror: BBQ sauce, bacon, Cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, caramelized onion

on the way back, it was a stop at Fong's Pizza, you owe it to yourself to check out their menu and history:
»fongspizza.com/menu/food
»fongspizza.com/about

I had an appetizing appetizer. Chinese Cheesesticks, five mozzarella sticks in egg roll wrappers, served with marinara... followed up by Crab Rangoon pizza, yum..... crab rangoon base, surimi, green onion, asiago and mozzarella, topped with crispy egg roll strips and sweet chili sauce.
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

SueS
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

1 recommendation

Its good to see you didn't quit eating!!!

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

said by SueS:

Its good to see you didn't quit eating!!!

NEVER!
--

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Hewlett-Packard hp photosmart 735
5.9mm 1/59th F2.6 ISO100

Whole belly clammy platter
Another season at Hotel Happy as Hell on the Beach has given me opportunities to indulge in plenty of seafood. No cameras at work.
I brought my visiting sister out for lunch though.
Captain Frosty's in Dennis, MA. All fresh, all local, all the time.
Whole belly clammy platter! A bigger portion than is shown. I had eaten a lot before I remembered the camera.

Gemologist
Premium
join:2001-11-15
USA
kudos:3

2 recommendations

reply to SueS
I am a little behind lol. Excuse quality, cellphone pics.

The other night, braised local free range grass fed rabbit over Wild rice with a reduction made from the Mirepoix (of Vadalia onion, red onion, garlic, celery hearts, and baby carrots) + rabbit kidneys + liver + neck + backbone + chicken stock + red wine blended together.

HTC EVO
3.6mm 1/19th F2 ISO927

HTC EVO
3.6mm 1/19th F2 ISO1108

A Shrimp & Grits, wood fire grilled EVOO, garlic. and herb marinated wild caught NC USA shrimp, wood grilled Asparagus briefly tossed in EVOO, parslied garlic salt, and fresh ground mixed peppercorn blend.

Fresh sausage smoked for 12hrs with my own custom blend of woods.

Wood fire grilled talian sausage with sauteed blend of sweet peppers and Vadalia Onions with a hint of Prairie Fire peppers added in for a kick.

Blackened shrimp tacos with a fresh mango and habanero salsa and a red & green cabbage slaw and Fried Basa/Swai fish tacos with a Balsamic + Wine Reduction and red & green cabbage slaw topped with fresh avocado. Both served on freshly made flour tortillas.

--
Images are Copyrighted and use is NOT
permitted.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Bean Enchiladas - used a sauce recipe from Pati Jinich (Pati's Mexican Table PBS show and cookbooks). Real simple sauce recipe - I added cumin but I could see Mexican oregano or cilantro as being very good as well.

1 lb plum tomatoes
1 slab of white onion (about half to 3/4 inch wide slice)
1-2 garlic cloves not peeled.
Jalapeno - as much as you want.

Add everything to a oven proof pan. Broil on all sides till charred on all sides. Throw everything into a blender with some salt (peel garlic before adding it) and blend till smooth. Add any other herbs to taste.

To make them a bit healthier - I did not run the corn tortillas in oil (even for the 10-20 seconds) I warmed them in a cast iron skillet. Dredge warmed tortilla in sauce. put on plate and add any fillings (I used fat free refried beans - Rosarita brand) and roll - place in oven proof pan (a little bit of sauce on the bottom). Once all rolled - add more sauce to top of enchiladas, add cheese and put in 300-350 degree oven till cheese is melted or browned.

Serve with sour cream and or guac...

I did use corn tortillas - as she said - NO one in Mexico uses flour tortillas for enchiladas.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

4 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
3.4mm 1/16th F2.7 ISOARRAY(0x9f0d500)

Gino's spinach and pepperoni
Click for full size
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
3.4mm 1/16th F2.7 ISOARRAY(0x99e6af0)

crispy chicken w/pineapple
Click for full size
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
3.4mm 1/33th F2.7 ISOARRAY(0x99d4db0)

artistic rice
Apologies for the lower quality of phone pictures....

my first image was piece #1 of 4 pieces of a Gino's deep dish spinach and pepperoni pizza. I had it when I was in St Charles to see Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited.

The next day, I was in Bloomington, Indiana to see Pere Ubu and wandered around this town, looking for a place to eat, because the place that had been recommended by a friend was closed by the time I got there.

That was a good thing though, because if it had been open, I never would have found the delightful "My Thai Cafe Plus", where I found this wonderfully delicious, and quite fun to look at dinner.

One of their specialties, "Crispy chicken with pineapple"..... red and green bell peppers and cashew nuts in a peppy brown sauce..... and artistically served IN a fresh pineapple. Even the rice was artistically served....
--

Bruschi
Premium
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

1 recommendation

looks awesome!!!

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey
reply to lotusracer
What's in the pizza?

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

1 recommendation

spinach and pepperoni ?

--
September is Classical Music Month

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Sweet Witch
said by Sweet Witch:

What's in the pizza?

yep, spinach and pepperoni... and lots of cheese!
--

medbuyer

2 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-M919
4.2mm 1/40th F2.2 ISO50

Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-M919
4.2mm 1/30th F2.2 ISO100

Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-M919
4.2mm 1/40th F2.2 ISO64

Jason's deli provided us lunch yesterday as part of their marketing gig.....

The best part was the eye candy that prepared all of it...

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
said by medbuyer:

Jason's deli provided us lunch yesterday as part of their marketing gig.....

The best part was the eye candy that prepared all of it...

no pictures of the eye candy? oh wait, this thread is about things you ate....
--

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

3 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
SAMSUNG SCH-I535
3.7mm 1/28th F2.6 ISO50

First try posting with new phone (replaced 8 year old flip phone). Also never had a camera in the phone. This pic was done with the phone.

Chicken tortilla soup - made in a crock pot. A bit spicy but chese and sour cream helps out. I also made.the tortilla chips.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

lotusracer
Premium
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

2 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Ratatouille pizza
on Wednesday, I traveled to Evanston, Illinois to see Nick Lowe do a solo show at Evanston Space. The front of the building houses Union Pizzaria, so thought for simplicity, I'd try their wood fired pizza oven product.

A quick look at the menu got me interested in Ratatouille pizza. zucchini, peppers, onion, eggplant, Gaeta olives, goat cheese & basil.

it was pretty tasty! I ate the whole thing, all 8 pieces.
--

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

4 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Hewlett-Packard hp photosmart 735
5.9mm 1/1362th F4.9 ISO100

Summer is winding down. Hotel Happy as Hell on the Beach closes next week so I had to get a photo of this to share.
A restaurant within staggering walking distance has a new creation this Summer.
Fried Clam Chowder!
They start with their Triple Crown (Cape Cod, Boston, Newport) Award Winning Clam Chowder and then do stuff. I was a Beta Ta/ester. Sam Adams Summer Ale is the most complimentary beer.
From The Cape Cod Times: You heard about it here first: Fried clam chowder

Photo comment:
Light in October. Lower @ 2:30 and filtered through the 'Isinglass' of the wind screen on the deck.

jimhamilton
Facto Non Verba
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Emmetsburg, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

3 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S4500
12.2mm 1/30th F4.6 ISO100

The cooler it gets the better beef & noodles tastes. Pure comfort food.

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

5 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Apple iPhone 3GS
3.8mm 1/15th F2.8 ISO100

Shrimp shrimp shrimp

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
Houston, TX
That looks awesome mityfowl See Profile

medbuyer

1 recommendation

reply to SueS
Click for full size
SAMSUNG SGH-M919

Company I work for decided to treat all employees to a meat fest lunch at Texas de Brazil. This is the 3rd time they've done it since I've started working for them. Was then treated to a movie featuring gravity.

Was too busy eating the garlic sirloin, steak sirloin, lamb, chicken etc to take pics of it.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

2 recommendations

reply to SueS
Made a big 'ol batch of cornmeal pancakes. Had another picture of them lined up on a cooling rack but the picture came out horribly.

These were very tasty - Cooks Country recipe (same folks as Cooks Illustrated).
--
Brian

jimhamilton
Facto Non Verba
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Emmetsburg, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

reply to SueS
Click for full size
FUJIFILM FinePix S4500
4.3mm 1/2000th F8 ISO64

Made some awesome chopped liver. Doesn't really photograph well but it was tasty.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

3 recommendations

reply to SueS
Click for full size
NIKON D7100
35mm 1/80th F2.8 ISO800

This my first time trying food. We're headed to Disney soon so I'm starting to practice. Oh and no we don't do the traditional Turkey. We do something non-traditional for and something traditional for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year it's steak and shrimp for Thanksgiving, Christmas will be turkey and or ham.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

1 recommendation

reply to SueS
Click for full size
Large pot of corn chowder - wife wants more potatoes and unfortunately the major deviation from the recipe was the omission of bacon. For some reason my wife does not like bacon (I have yet to figure out why).
--
Brian

Locutus65
Why bother?
Premium
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

reply to SueS
Made a turkey dinner today. We went to friend's for Thanksgiving so no leftover turkey Just put a 17lb bird in the oven. Will make dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce also. Got a good deal on the bird. Honeysuckle, normal price $1.69/lb, advertised on sale for .79 cents/lb, rang up as .59 cents/lb. Can't beat that

The turkey turned out great!

SK Cymera
4.6mm 1/25th F2.4 ISO229

You're so purdy :-)

--
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.

Bruschi
Premium
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

3 recommendations

reply to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

does not like bacon

Those words assembled in that fashion are against the rules, regulations and laws of the English language.
--
Professional student pilot!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
Bloom County

1 recommendation

LOL - I also made some Alton Brown meatballs and then cornbread.