grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
join:2001-01-27
22152-1106

grobinette

MVM,

New (to me) FAQ formating

I just noticed the new FAQ editing features and don't see any information on what they can do for you.
Did I miss the orientation class? It also looks like the FAQ owners FAQ may need some updating because of the changes.

KeysCapt

join:2001-07-11
Carson City, NV

KeysCapt

At the risk of making it glaringly obvious that I'm not up to date, where are you seeing this Gary?

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
22152-1106
·Verizon FiOS

grobinette

MVM,

Click for full size
I guess a picture is worth a thousand posts.
In the edit mode for a FAQ is where I found it and I'd love to learn how to use it properly.

KeysCapt

Carson City, NV

KeysCapt to grobinette

to grobinette
Oh, are you referring to the options at the top of the edit box? If so, those are designed just like many post options ... just click on them to use their formatting in the entry. You can mouse over them for their meaning.

If that's not what you're referring to, apologies, and let's try again.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
22152-1106

grobinette

MVM,

That's what I was referring to but the mouse overs are not exactly explicit on some of them. Some are obvious and I'll just play around with the others and see if I break anything.

KeysCapt

Carson City, NV

2 recommendations

KeysCapt to grobinette

to grobinette
First two insert heading styles in two font sizes. H5 is bold, H4 is larger font not bold.

Next one inserts the HTML code for a paragraph, giving two line feeds.

Next is a link insert button, which opens a small window into which you can type or copy the URL you want to include.

Next are BOLD, Italics, Strikethrough, Superscript and Subscript.

Next are the buttons for inserting a table, a table row, and a table definition ... saves you from having to type all those codes over and over.

Next, Unordered List, Ordered List, and Line insert for your lists. (Bulleted lists)

Next is Blockquote, which indents a paragraph or segment of text.

Code allows the input of HTML or other coding without it being treated as such by the browser, and Comment is much the same, starts the line with an exclamation point and hypens to mark the following text as comment.

Close Tags is a quick way to enter closings for all the tags you have used, such as paragraph, font and table tags.

Hope that helps some. You are quite right though, the best way to get familiar is to experiment.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
MVM,
22152-1106

grobinette

MVM,

As always Capt, U da man. Thanks.