EGeezer to SueS

Premium Member

to SueS

Sweet corn :-)

Click for full size
Canon PowerShot A610
12.5mm 1/30th F3.5

Yum!
Part of my favorite summer supper. We live right in the heart of farm country, and there are lots of folks selling their harvests from their front yards. Best when purchased in the morning, right after they've picked it!

SueS
Premium Member
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO

1 recommendation

SueS

Premium Member

I agree, I am a farm girl, grew up in Iowa! My folks grew a 1/2 acre of corn. My summer favorites are corn on the cob, and watermelon!

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad to EGeezer

Premium Member

to EGeezer
Looks good. We're going to have corn tonight. How do you prepare it? I typically boil it (since it's quick and easy). If I had a grill, I'd prepare it like my father used to. Wrap it in foil and grill it. Of course, then there's this article which got me to try it raw one day. Wasn't bad, actually.

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

1 edit

EGeezer

Premium Member

We set the water to boil, then 6 minutes of boiling in the water. I'd prefer just enough to make the cob hot, but my wife leaves it in longer. The really tender sweet corn you can eat raw, or after a minute in the microwave. Dipping the unhusked corn in water then grilling it is good too! That steams the corn and leaves more flavor in it.

Some folks will even cook field corn, but it isn't as sweet and you have to pick it at just the right time. I don't care too much for that.

Our summer suppers are usually sweet corn, tomatoes from my little garden and a salad and sandwich, usually a burger, brat, Nathan's or BLT. For the vegetarians (and my usual summer breakfast), LTM (Lettuce Tomato and Mayo on Italian bread toast) is the sandwich du jour.

EDIT - just read your link - that's my sentiments too