spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lets456
@perryvidex.com

lets456

Anon

Fios, Actiontec and networking...FRUSTRATED!!! help

I just got Fios installed (TV, internet and phone).TV and phone are fine, internet is really fast. However, I can not network the computers at all with the Actiontec "router". When I go into router login I see all the wireless devices on the network but none of the computers see each other. I have sharing enabled on the printer and files, but nothing can be accessed. When I had DSL I set up the network in about 2 minutes. This has me stumped and I am wasting too much time on this.I even bought a print server and the installation went normal but i could not even print from the computer that was wired from the computer to router to print server to printer...showed as connected but would get an error message.Any answers or suggestions?

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA

1 edit

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

I think I know why. That router might have, Wireless AP Isolation turned on.

There could be other reasons too..

Also about that print server. What was the brand and model of it? And what was the error message that you got?

lets456
@perryvidex.com

lets456

Anon

PS121NA Netgear print server.

But that aside, I can't see the shared printer on the desktop that is connected to the Actiontec router....matter of fact I can't see anything on the network from any of the computers.
lets456

lets456 to aefstoggaflm

Anon

to aefstoggaflm
Where do I locate "wireless AP isolation"?

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

3 edits

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

Click for full size
AP Isolation feature in my router.
said by lets456 :

PS121NA Netgear print server.

But that aside, I can't see the shared printer on the desktop that is connected to the Actiontec router....matter of fact I can't see anything on the network from any of the computers.
I don't have FIOS or any Actiontec routers, but you just confirmed exactly what I thought.

Every router is different. With my WRT54G v2 with Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP2 (09/15/06) std, it is Wireless -> Advanced settings.

Since I don't have the same router as you do, I don't know where to find that setting.

We can figure it together..

And other users out there, can help out.

-----

First I have to give some ground rule(s) / policies that will help protect you.

Do not show the following in the any screen shot(s)..

#1 User name / password in the router.

#2 Any serial numbers

#3 Full MAC address(es)

#4 Full Public IP(s). Which will be an IP outside of these three range(s)

a) 10.*.*.*

b) 172.16.*.* to 172.31.*.*

c) 192.168.*.*

#5 Any SSID, WEP, WPA - since you are using a wireless device.

--

To take screen shots see PortForward.com -> Forum -> Knowledge Base -> How to take and post screenshots

You can use the upload feature of DSLR to upload.

As need be see All FAQs » Site FAQ » 3.15 Attachments

We can go one step at a time. Show the very first that you see after yo go into your router..

It may look something like

Portforward.com -> Guides -> Port Forwarding Guides by Router -> MI-424-WR -> "If you do not see the program you are forwarding ports for, be sure to visit our Default Guide for this router".

The screen shot that looks something like..

»www.portforward.com/engl ··· -WR2.jpg
jchuan83388
join:2003-08-30
Camarillo, CA

jchuan83388 to lets456

to lets456
What OS are your computers running?

lets456
@perryvidex.com

lets456

Anon

XP on the desktop and Vista on the laptop.

Like I said before, I had 3-different DSL routers at 3-different times and NEVER had this problem. Even worse, is Verizon WILL NOT help on networking issues.

Also, I did not see an option for wireless AP isolation.
lets456

lets456 to jchuan83388

Anon

to jchuan83388
XP on the desktop and Vista on the laptop.

Like I said before, I had 3-different DSL routers at 3-different times and NEVER had this problem. Even worse, is Verizon WILL NOT help on networking issues.

Also, I did not see an option for wireless AP isolation.

Anyone else with this problem? Shouldn't this work "right out of the box"?

SqueeksDad
I Miss Her
Premium Member
join:2002-09-14
Hyattsville, MD

SqueeksDad

Premium Member

Not the "right" solution, but I just put my own router in the chain and use it for all of my computers, printers, etc. The Actiontec only has the job of the STB's getting VOD and guide info.

lets456
@perryvidex.com

lets456

Anon

I wonder if I could use my Netgear WRG54 coming off of the desktop with the print server attached to it and the Actiontec attached as well?

Meaning I would use the Netgear as my main router and daisy chain the actiontec and print server off of the netgear...is that what you mean?

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

1 edit

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

quote:
I wonder if I could use my Netgear WRG54 coming off of the desktop with the print server attached to it and the Actiontec attached as well?
Go to: PortForward.com -> Forum -> Knowledge Base -> Using a Second router as a Switch/Hub/WAP

Please see the image in that thread on how the two network(s) are setup.

How is your network setup?