how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mwessel41

join:2007-08-29
Baldwin, MD

fios, actiontec, and ipsec vpn

recently, i had verizon fios internet and tv installed. prior to this, i had an astaro security gateway box running on my comcast cable modem with an ipsec vpn tunnel to the astaro box at my office. i've played with this actiontec router for hours now, but for the life of me, i cannon get the ipsec connection to establish through the router. if i switch back to cable, it works fine. I've tried turning off the firewall in the actiontec, setting up dmz to the astaro gateway's ip, forwarding all the right ports with nat, and still nothing works, so here's my question...
how can i put the astaro gateway between the actiontec and the ont so the astaro has the external ip? does this somehow involve pppoe? i've tried just plugging the astaro box directly into the ont, but the ont will not assign it an ip address. furthermore, i'm concerned about my vod cable boxes. i've read on the forum that i should just be able to plug the wan port of the actiontec into the lan side of astaro, or whatever router i choose... is this correct?
thanks!