MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 edit

CylonRed to TODarling

MVM

to TODarling

Re: Monte Carlo SS & Impala SS: Rear or Front drive?

said by TODarling:

Not meaning to toot a horn for Chrysler but they just came out with a life time drive train warranty for the first registered buyer.
Many years too late and I would LOVE to see the actual warranty and see what is excluded and when it is excluded. Sad that they have to go to a 'lifetime' warranty for the drive train to get people to buy the cars.

Cody0
Bob Vance, VR
Premium Member
join:2002-05-28
Spokane, WA

Cody0

Premium Member

Sad for them, but great for the consumer.

TODarling
U.S. Army Retired
Premium Member
join:2004-11-27
Fort Smith, AR

TODarling to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
said by CylonRed:

said by TODarling:

Not meaning to toot a horn for Chrysler but they just came out with a life time drive train warranty for the first registered buyer.
Many years too late and I would LOVE to see the actual warranty and see what is excluded and when it is excluded. Sad that they have to go to a 'lifetime' warranty for the drive train to get people to buy the cars.
Here you go.

»www.chrysler.com/crossbr ··· anty.pdf

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

1 edit

CylonRed

MVM

Yep - the expected holes are there - mainly the 'lifetime warranty' does not start immediately - it only kicks in AFTER the basic, limited warranty and you have to somehow prove a defect in workmanship or materials. Nor does it seem to exist if you have to have a drive train component replaced during the first 3 years - at least that would be my guess since the warranty has no mention of this situation. And of course - how many folks are going to forget to have the drive train inspected every 5 years? Probably the vast majority.

And if it really was a lifetime warranty - it should be transferable.