spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SkyBlue9

join:2007-03-31

AOL Free Version of Kaspersky AV updating errors!!

I keep getting update errors it won't update to the latest virus deffinitions.

I get several different type of errors.

First I get :

File downloading error: incorrect signature (0x8000005A) base037c.avc 9/1/2007 8:26:46 PM

Then:

File downloading error: incorrect signature (0x8000005A) idsbase.kdz 9/1/2007 8:26:53 PM

Followed By:
File downloading error: (0x8000005C) base037c.avc 9/1/2007 8:26:59 PM

File downloading error: incorrect signature (0x8000005A) base037c.avc 9/1/2007 8:27:01 PM
File downloading error: incorrect signature (0x8000005A) idsbase.kdz 9/1/2007 8:27:08 PM

Update finished with error: incorrect signature (0x8000005A) 9/1/2007 8:27:08 PM

I don't know what to do

Has anyone had this problem??
My license is still intact.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
Servers have an issue at AOL, or where ever the updates come from. Never used AOL, so Im not sure where the updates originate. Maybe worth letting AOL know of the problem, so they can rectify it. Or post at the Kaspersky forum to get some attention to the issue.

See - »forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/···161.html
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16
reply to SkyBlue9

norwegian
Premium
Outback
That it could be, but seeing as the updates were said to be valid for the next year still after change, who knows?

AOL were never one to communicate intentions. We still are uncertain of why the change of A/V. Now that's said, there should be a shower of "I know why".

Maybe look at AntiVir, Avast, or AVG, as it was Kaspersky's first and maybe only free active version.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

Tuneraider

join:2003-05-21
Mckee, KY
About ten days ago there was a file called AOL Patch or something similar in one of the updates that fixed the update errors i was having. Since this was after the downloads were shut down it leads me to believe the're going to keep updating for a while longer. The only time its failed to update simce then was one time yesterday evening. It's updated every time since then.

Abuswrench

join:2003-11-05
Bedford, OH
reply to SkyBlue9
Yeah, I had the same problem. Tried rolling it back, didn't work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no good. Checked around on the forums, nothing. The hell with it. It was free. Uninstalled it and installed Symantic Corp. version I get from work. All is well now. Would like to know what happened though. I realy liked Kaspersky. I even have a copy of Kaspersky 7.0 I'll be putting on a new box I'm building. jd

el scorcho
Cupid Stunt

join:2000-12-01
Brooklyn, NY
reply to SkyBlue9
i'm still using my copy of Active Virus Shield (KAV version) no problem. it's version 6.0.2.621, with virus signatures dated 9/2/07 at 10:45PM

Tempus45
Premium
join:2006-07-08
USA
The AOL Kaspersky anti-virus has been discontinued and has been replaced by McAfee

dumpav

join:2002-08-06
Brooklyn, NY
so anyone have problem to uninstall this active virus shield?

some said it will mess up the system? is that true?

Giuse

@sn1.eutelia.it
reply to SkyBlue9
do not uninstall the other version
install AVS_v25.exe
»download.nullsoft.com/avs/

and update

Tuneraider

join:2003-05-21
Mckee, KY
reply to SkyBlue9
I just got a Please Restart Your Computer for the AOL AV that may have been a patch for the problems some were having with updating. I know this is the first one of these i've gotten for it in a long time.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
I just got that as well right now. Hopefully its for the updating problem.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
reply to Giuse
Giuse,

Is that even a newer version of AVS you posted or something? I have version 6.0.2.621 I thought that was the last newest version?

Blue2
Premium
join:2004-04-14
France
KoRnGtL15,

Not to worry, Version 6.02.621 is the latest version. Kaspersky (or whoever is licensing the product from them) has the pretty stupid habit or labeling files in this incomprehensible fashion.

AVS-V25.exe that Giuse referred to is this same version when installed (6.02.621) and has a creation date of 16-Apr-2007, and a size of 19,270,264 bytes.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
Excellent. Thanks for clearing that up!

Abuswrench

join:2003-11-05
Bedford, OH
reply to SkyBlue9
Hey Giuse, thankyou very much. Back up and running, smooth as always. Appreciate the help. jd

mbhey1011

@ameritech.net
reply to SkyBlue9
thanx for the file.

norwegian
Premium
Outback
reply to Blue2
said by Blue2:

KoRnGtL15,

Not to worry, Version 6.02.621 is the latest version. Kaspersky (or whoever is licensing the product from them) has the pretty stupid habit or labeling files in this incomprehensible fashion.
AOL maybe?

6.02.621 - Kaspersky version
AVS-V25.exe - AOL installer; and anything extra they so desire in the installer.

Just to clarify it
--

SkyBlue9

said by norwegian:

said by Blue2:

KoRnGtL15,

AOL maybe?

6.02.621 - Kaspersky version
AVS-V25.exe - AOL installer; and anything extra they so desire in the installer.

Just to clarify it
I have this version and there is nothing hidden in it.

SkyBlue9

reply to Giuse
said by Giuse :

do not uninstall the other version
install AVS_v25.exe
»download.nullsoft.com/avs/

and update
Thanks Giuse

It works now.

norwegian
Premium
Outback
reply to SkyBlue9
said by SkyBlue9:

I have this version and there is nothing hidden in it.
Maybe not, and I wasn't really suggesting otherwise, just the fact, once they get the installer licenced they can use it how they desire, as long as it doesn't break the contract, and considering the issues about how long it took to update last vunerability, no one received a conclusive answer then either. Now it is McAfee's turn

I just get peeved when they blame one party all the time, it is contracted to AOL.
--

DanG

@rima-tde.net
reply to SkyBlue9
Here's the solution from Kaspersky; it worked for me:

Edition from Igor Kurzin:
Please use this instruction from Daniel all :

1. shutdown Kaspersky ActiveVirusShield. Closing the main window is not enough, please click on the systray icon and exit.
2. locate the XML file listing the update servers. It's usually located in directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\AVP6\Data and the name of the file is aol-updcfg.xml
3. edit that file and remove the two following lines
<site2 url="ftp://download.newaol.com/avs/update/mirror/" diff_url="diffs" weight="10000001" region="*" />
<site2 url="http://download.newaol.com/avs/update/mirror/" diff_url="diffs" weight="10000000" region="*" />

4. save the file
5. restart ActiveVirusShield and launch an update from the systray icon's contextual menu.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
Thanks for that fix. I think the recent update for AVS fixed this problem. Like someone said. It done some kind of component update. Ever since I got that update. I havent had the broken update issue. Before it happened all the time. Now its ok.

moukamouka

@slc.dz
reply to SkyBlue9
i m here just to thank you mr all
it updates now !!!!
kaspersky is the greatest

Blue2
Premium
France
reply to norwegian
said by norwegian:

Maybe not, and I wasn't really suggesting otherwise, just the fact, once they get the installer licenced they can use it how they desire, as long as it doesn't break the contract, and considering the issues about how long it took to update last vunerability, no one received a conclusive answer then either. Now it is McAfee's turn

I just get peeved when they blame one party all the time, it is contracted to AOL.
And I don't buy this excuse as being some sort of get-out-of-jail-card-free for Kaspersky.

If Sony makes defective batteries (Kaspersky makes vulnerable code), you won't see them washing their hands of responsibility and pointing at Lenovo or others about how they handle the recall since Sony sells the batteries to them and not directly to the end user.

The point is that Sony is still responsible for the defect and Lenovo and others merely for the implementation of the recall. If Lenovo sat back and did nothing, I don't see how this would remove Sony of responsibility (and liability) for their product defect if it were to cause damage and they did not inform their clients and require action be taken.

norwegian
Premium
Outback
Wasn't suggesting that, nor do either me or you know what happened between Kaspersky and AOL.

As for vunerable code, there isn't any program out there with perfect code.

--

Blue2
Premium
France
said by norwegian:

Wasn't suggesting that, nor do either me or you know what happened between Kaspersky and AOL.

As for vunerable code, there isn't any program out there with perfect code.

Agreed, sort of.

You wouldn't want to be caught with exploding batteries while Sony pointed fingers at Lenovo and Lenovo pointed fingers back at Sony. Responsible companies act responsibly. Period.

(I was a consultant to Johnson & Johnson when the famous Tylenol poisoning case occurred. J&J took the costly and painful decision of removing ALL products from stores, even though it was not their fault, and this was an isolated case. Their reasoning was their first interest was to protect the consumer not their investors. After the incident, their stock price soared showing that good behavior often is rewarded by consumer loyalty.)

No, code is never perfect, but only the code writer can fix the code.

I stand by my position based on the facts I see. Kaspersky makes a fine product but is an irresponsible company.

andrehome

@ip.tiscali.nl
reply to SkyBlue9
works perfect....
»forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?ac···&t=47361

1. shutdown Kaspersky ActiveVirusShield. Closing the main window is not enough, please click on the systray icon and exit.
2. locate the XML file listing the update servers. It's usually located in directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\AVP6\Data and the name of the file is aol-updcfg.xml
3. edit that file and remove the two following lines
CODE
see weblink...

4. save the file
5. restart ActiveVirusShield and launch an update from the systray icon's contextual menu.