spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JayMatt25
@ncogroup.com

JayMatt25

Anon

Problem with my USB Wireless AirCard

I have a Sierra Wireless AirCard 595U and i use it on my new Gateway laptop with Windows Vista. The problem i am having is; after i connect using any software i've tried (Sprint Connection Manager), (Sierra Watcher), or a direct connection through Windows' (Connect to a Network), I will be able to access the internet for a random period of time (sometimes 20 mins, sometimes 7 hours) and then it will just stop accessing the internet. The software will still say connected, however the receive and send number will no longer change. My signal is always between 40% and 80%. Also i notice, if you are familar with Vista, on the taskbar at the bottom you will see the network connection icon, if you rollover it, during normal activity it will say "CDMA Local and Internet" when i'm connected. After this problem it will change to "CDMA Local access only". I have returned my original aircard and got a replacement, so i doubt it's a sprint hardware problem. There is nothing specific i do to create this problem. I do use IE 7.0, however i can be playing World of Warcraft and not even using IE and this problem will occur. Does anyone have any suggestions?

LCK454
@spcsdns.net

LCK454

Anon

I had the same problem, would run for awhile and then 'freeze'. I called Sprint and they asked if I downloaded Connection Manager from the disk that came with the card, or downloaded from their web site. When I told them the disk they said that's your problem. They do not have disks that are compatible with Vista. They told me to go to their web site, click on downloads (through support), choose the card I have, and then download the connection manager for it. Since I did this, I haven't had anymore problems. Hope this helps you.

JayMatt25
@ncogroup.com

JayMatt25 to JayMatt25

Anon

to JayMatt25
ok, that might be part of it. I did download the software that came on the disk, but after finding out there was new software available, i did uninstall that original software, and installed the connection manager. Perhaps installing it originally, is my problem. When you uninstall a program i know it still leaves traces even though the program is gone. I wonder if i blew my computer away and reinstalled the operating system and such, that would fix the issue. Any thoughts?

thanks for replying

mooch
No Booing Allowed
join:2001-11-11
Sunbury, OH

mooch

Geez before you go through all the trouble of reformatting, can you just borrow a laptop from somebody to do a quick test?
CMoore2004
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Jonesville, MI

CMoore2004 to JayMatt25

Premium Member

to JayMatt25
Any chance your AV has an integrated firewall?
jamesmck3
join:2007-09-13
Washington, DC

jamesmck3 to JayMatt25

to JayMatt25
I have the same problem as JayMatt25, using Vista, so am very interested in how he may solve the problem.
Kord
join:2006-10-27

Kord to JayMatt25

to JayMatt25
Just uninstall the program and go into program files and delete the folder. You can use Registry Mechanic to remove registry entries. I have used it on Vista with no problems. That should be the last of the program as windows knows it.

»www.pctools.com/registry ··· od8h9YxQ
jamesmck3
Washington, DC

jamesmck3

On the suggestion of someone responding in another thread, I switched to using just Windows Vista rather than the Sprint Connection Manager, and my problem with dropped connections seems to have disappeared.

middletrash
@spcsdns.net

middletrash to JayMatt25

Anon

to JayMatt25
I have had the same exact problem since day one with this laptop and card (bought them the same day)as JayMatt25- "To the tee". I have spent over 40+ hours on the phone with tech support and have tried everything. They just act like I am the only dumba** with this problem and they have never herd about it. One weird thing is that while trying to uninstall the var. software's the "sierra wireless driver package" wouldn't uninstall but all the connect manager would???? Then I noticed something on the sierra wireless trouble shooting page, there should be four drivers for the card but I only one for the card. I have talked to the owner in my local sprint store and he had the same problem while trying to setup a card on a gateway and was on with the programing guys for 15 hrs, they then told him to refund the guy his money/cancel contract or give him a diff. brand of card. I am about at my whits end with this. I have had this prob for three months now and almost got arrested 3 days after buying these in "Bad Buy" trying to return this crap. If someone an figure this out, your a better man than I. Good luck to all.

rjams24
@skyinet.net

rjams24 to LCK454

Anon

to LCK454

Problem with my USB Wireless AirCard

Hi, I'm actually a Dell technian for SMB account and this is just the first I had a problem from a client with this 595u Sierra wireless Aircard to work with a Inspiron1501 My client is having 720 error when he tries to connect using that card and 633 error in use is not configured properly when restarting the system. He also mentioned that he has already called his Sprint provider and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program for it but he's still having the same problem. I just ended up referring him to call the hardware manufacturer for any recommendation.. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Please help, i'd still call the client to do a follow up on that..
jamesmck3
Washington, DC

jamesmck3

I am still doing fine with my native-Vista connection, after having the problems noted above with the Sprint software.

shirpaj
@cox.net

shirpaj to JayMatt25

Anon

to JayMatt25

Re: Problem with my USB Wireless AirCard

There are a variety of reasons that the connection will go idle or time out, unfortunately they are very difficult to troubleshoot unless it happens at very specific intervals. Something that has been of some use in resolving this issue is to enable the network adapter. This can be done from the settings (location depends on which version of connection manager you are using). In the older connection manager (Grey box) you can go to Menu>Settings>Mobile Broadband>Sierra Wireless. There will be a checkbox to enable NDIS or Network Adapter. in the new connection manager (black and yellow) it's under Tools>Settings>Mobile tab>Connection Type NDIS. This will allow your pc to recognize the connection card as a network adapter or an "always on" connection rather than dial up. You won't need to open connection manager to connect, it will connect as soon as you plug it in. Hope that helps some
jelfrank
join:2007-05-29
Nyack, NY

jelfrank to jamesmck3

to jamesmck3

Sierra Wireless 595U - LEMMON!!!

Tried using the Windows Vista dialer, still getting disconnects.

This card is a LEMMON. I'm taking it back to Sprint and spare myself the endless hours on the telephone with support.

John
jelfrank

jelfrank

Re: Sierra Wireless 595U - LEMMON!!!

Just ditched the 595U for a Pantech PX-500. Speed tests show it about the same speed. Been connected for an entire hour so far with no disconnect. Will report back.

I didn't like giving up a USB port anyway; my slot having nothing in it anyway.

John
jelfrank

jelfrank

About 8 hours later still no disconnect with my Pantech PX-500. Looks like I made the right move.

Also, get this. It's a lot cheaper than other 595U, so I got a $168 CREDIT at the exchange. With it clocking the same speeds at the 595 it's a no brainer for me.

Good luck,

John
CMoore2004
Premium Member
Jonesville, MI

CMoore2004

Premium Member

I wish I would have exchanged my PX500 for a USB device. So many times I've wanted the NDIS functionality along with the USB interface I could use in any computer.

hitman_001
Premium Member
join:2006-11-20
Laredo, TX

hitman_001 to JayMatt25

Premium Member

to JayMatt25

Re: Problem with my USB Wireless AirCard

All EVDO cards perform pretty much exactly the same, your not going to see a difference between a free card, and a 250 dollar card. The main differences are in them are the flavors. Pcmcia cards, Usb cards, and mini cards, and even embedded, and some having the ability to use an external antenna and others not. They make some cards "fancy" and others plain.. But there is no difference in how they will run with like signal strength between any of them.

People spend money because they want to get a USB device or they like the looks of X card better than Y or they think that just because they spend more money on a card it will be faster, (which isnt the case) I'm running this card on my home pc, therefore no pcmcia bus, and the need for a usb device, therefore i spent money heh.. Otherwise the freebie card woulda been just great!
Kord
join:2006-10-27

Kord

I also see more and different types of cards flooding the market with the rumors of support ending of older cards. Sound like the Cell Phone Business to me. This model has a better camera ect.

Oh wait it is the cell phone companies.
CMoore2004
Premium Member
Jonesville, MI

CMoore2004 to hitman_001

Premium Member

to hitman_001
Not entirely true. Some of these devices have the integrated GPS. Some take the load off the CPU. Some have a better waveform factor. NDIS anyone?

hitman_001
Premium Member
join:2006-11-20
Laredo, TX

hitman_001

Premium Member

My point wasnt exactly features of the card. But the fact that the cards have no difference in speed capabilities, one card is just as good as another in that aspect. I guess i should have added that in the original post, I just didnt think to do so. Ndis doesnt make the connection faster, nor does the GPS, they just fit in the realm of nifty addons, and another reason you'd pay more for a card.
CMoore2004
Premium Member
Jonesville, MI

CMoore2004

Premium Member

But I've tried two cards in the same location, and even among the cards there's a speed difference, like due to the cleaner signal it outputs.

JayMatt25
@ncogroup.com

JayMatt25 to JayMatt25

Anon

to JayMatt25
Thanks, everyone for your input on this problem. When i first posted it I hadn't heard that anyone else was experiencing this problem, but i guess i'm not alone. I was told this was the card to get when i purchased it becuase I don't have an express slot on my laptop and i was also told that they don't have a PCMCIA card that is supported by Vista (yet?). I guess i'll have to live with this altough the most frustrating thing about it is that, for example, yesterday i stayed connected for 4hrs 54mins before i disconnected it myself to go to lunch. Today i've alreay had to reconnect 5 times and the longest i was on was for 40mins. I would love to know the exact technical reason is chooses to disconnect as such random time frames.