uniqs
share rss forum feed

jtudor
Xm 60's On 6 Freak
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-07
Morganton, NC

How Long

I just wonder how long it will be until one or both of them decide that he is violating the TOS, and terminate his service?

Also how long it will be until someone here decides to tell him that he needs to buy a business connection if he is doing any business at home??

I manage servers and desktops from home on occasion (nights, weekends, holidays) using Dameware, and have been told in some forums here that I should be using a business DSL account instead of a residential account, because I am doing business from home.

Otherwise, I applaud his resourcefulness!!
--
Best of luck

"Do, or Do not, there is no try!" Yoda

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
said by jtudor:

I manage servers and desktops from home on occasion (nights, weekends, holidays) using Dameware, and have been told in some forums here that I should be using a business DSL account instead of a residential account, because I am doing business from home.

True that, some people are narrow sighted idiots, what can you do. The ONLY advantage of most business accounts is an SLA of somesort(usually crappy anyways).
--
AMD Athlon64 4000+ @ 2723mhz - mountaincable.net wireless Intarweb |
Ipods SUCK

mikefxu

join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

1 edit
reply to jtudor
Yes you should pay more because it says "business" in the name of the title. Pay for what you need, if you need faster speeds and they only offer it on "business" service levels, go for it, other wise keep what works and is cheap.

We pay for "business class" road runner and they told us it would take a week to fix lines they don't know how to run properly, We paying more for the same residential service for what reason?

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to jtudor
said by jtudor:

I just wonder how long it will be until one or both of them decide that he is violating the TOS, and terminate his service?

Also how long it will be until someone here decides to tell him that he needs to buy a business connection if he is doing any business at home??

A business account may have more upload speed.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
said by Joe12345678:

said by jtudor:

A business account may have more upload speed.
Meh, sometimes.
--
AMD Athlon64 4000+ @ 2723mhz - mountaincable.net wireless Intarweb |
Ipods SUCK