how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to hottboiinnc

Re: TWC Spin off?

Perhaps but I don't think the ruling is really aimed at Time Warner. Time Warner makes it money by selling its channels to multiple operators so they don't really have any incentive for exclusive deals with Time Warner Cable. The ruling is more like a shot across the bow for Cablevision and Comcast.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Maybe. But I don't see how it would be targeted toward just Cablevision and or Comcast. They both offer their channels to other providers. I get both channels from Comcast and Cablevision on my Time Warner cable.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

AFAIK the practice has never occurred on the the national level but has on the regional level. Comcast continues the practice with Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia (legally grandfathered) but otherwise seems to have ceased the practice. Cablevision continues to refuse to sell at least some of its channels to at least one competitive provider in the NYC metropolitan area.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

from what I have seen with Cablevision is they refuse to sell some of their channels to VZ who I see is the only one besides RCN they compete with really. Other wise TWC and Cablevision have their own markets of NYC