kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet

1 edit

1 recommendation

Sympatico Direct forum

I've setup a Sympatico Direct forum here:
»Bell Canada Direct

It allows customers who wish to get their problem looked at by techs with accounts here @ dslr to post without fear that their topic will be viewed by others. You create a topic (PLEASE read the forum 'RULES' first) and only the 3 Techs who have membership in the forum can read and reply to it.

The three techs that can read topics in this forum are
Bell_Ray See Profile Bell_Tony See Profile Bell Patrick See Profile and Deadpool0 See Profile oversees the operation. The only other people that can read topics in this new forum are myself, fatness See Profile and nil See Profile, not that we have any interest in doing so.

The current tech roster is available here:
»/who?forum=288

Again, although you'll be able to see topic (titles) created by anyone you won't be able to read them, you'll only be able to read your own topic (and any replies it gets from the Techs).

This isn't any substitute for calling Sympatico direct, it is a best-effort service kindly provided by Sympatico with no guarantees. You may find it more convenient, or you may not.

CigaR4
Premium
join:2004-08-24
I like the concept.

Nice initiative from Sympatico to provide this kind of support.

EcHoMaN

join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON
reply to justin
Sounds great.

XDSLTECH1

join:2004-12-11
Burlington, ON
How did you do your validating on who is a real Bell Tech?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to justin
Very good idea, thanks Justin!

Savillian

join:2003-11-22
reply to XDSLTECH1
said by XDSLTECH1:

How did you do your validating on who is a real Bell Tech?
Yes, I am also interested in how you were able to validate these facts?

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
I can assure you that the technicians are all Bell people. Deadpool, in particular, has helped in the past with technical issues. This is a great initiative by Sympatico.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to justin
Excellent concept – and Justin, thanks for giving these people a space to work from. Nice to see Bell actually making an effort to address customer issues.
--
download speed : 506.4 KB/sec.
upload speed : 83.6 KB/sec

Savillian

join:2003-11-22
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

I can assure you that the technicians are all Bell people. Deadpool, in particular, has helped in the past with technical issues. This is a great initiative by Sympatico.
DKS, I apologize, it was more out of curiosity, it was not meant as an attack against them or their authenticity!!!

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
join:2001-03-29
Canada
kudos:17

2 recommendations

I approached sbrook some time ago with this request. Both he and Justin were instrumental in making this happen (thanks guys for your help).

I can assure you the Ray, Tony & Pat are the right stuff. These are the guys who have been addressing all the emails from those who opted to email Donat Brunette.

If some of you feel more comfortable to continue emailing Donat, please do so. Otherwise, a new avenue has been opened for everyone.

This will also help Donat and company by not having to sift through all the threads to figure out who needs help and who doesn't. However, they will still be here ensuring that all issues are being addressed.

If you have any questions, let me know.
--
New season starts October 3rd - GO SENS GO

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
You know, the only question I have is what will we do now in the Sympatico forum? Speculate on Bell's future plans? Whine and complain about how bad things are? Gossip? Talk hockey?
--

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
Canada
reply to justin
I forgot to add: Tony, Ray & Pat work during the day (on most days), so don't always expect answers to your questions immediately (especially if you posted your question at 11 pm).
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
Reviews:
·iiNet
reply to DKS
I don't expect much traffic in the direct forum vs the sympatico public forum. At least that is how it worked out for sbcdirect and vzdirect..
There are not that many reasons to get a tech to look at an issue vs the number of things you can create new topics on.

curiousity

@mc.videotron.ca
reply to justin
How much does it cost to get ones own private forum like that?

Or more directly.. whats bells cost for this?

Is it nothing and out of the kindness of broadband reports and the few techs?

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
Reviews:
·iiNet
I met the kanuck in a park in brooklyn, i joined him on a bench but we didn't exchange a word. He left a minute after I sat down, but the rather heavy brown bag remained.
I'll be counting the unmarked small bills after I sign off tonight, but I know everything will be there because if not I'll do what I have done before, subtract 5% from every review score in revenge.

curiousity

@mc.videotron.ca
I want 2% in "hush" money (no loonies please)
My lips are sealed :x

Scoop18

join:2006-08-05
Ottawa, ON
Great idea.

RCMP1234

join:2007-08-10
reply to justin
So, if someone created a topic about an issue, and someone else has the exact same question, we will have to create a new topic about that exact same issue right? Since we cant view topics created by others

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
Yes. Just like if you call support.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
reply to justin
said by justin:

I met the kanuck in a park in brooklyn, i joined him on a bench but we didn't exchange a word. He left a minute after I sat down, but the rather heavy brown bag remained.
I'll be counting the unmarked small bills after I sign off tonight, but I know everything will be there because if not I'll do what I have done before, subtract 5% from every review score in revenge.
You mean he didn't offer you any butter tarts?
--

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

1 recommendation

Or Poutine?

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to justin
This is great news. We tried to set this up before but we could not get a commitment from tech support that it would be used. Thanks to the Bell tech support crew for stepping up to the plate.

Also, there is now a convenient link to the Sympatico Direct forum from the Sympatico forum pages.

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe

1 recommendation

reply to justin
Yes it has been a long time coming. We have looked at this in the past but it wasn't "time" yet. Some barriers had to come down on the company's side. There was a time that if you posted on this site you would be severely reprimanded and in the case of Sympatico first line techs...it was rumoured that they were dismissed. The new forum is a direct link to the Bell testers who do the work daily and can answer the questions that should be answered. Bravo to the Bell people who have finally recognized this site as "bona fide". It took awhile to institute but it was well worth the wait.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to DKS
said by RCMP1234:

So, if someone created a topic about an issue, and someone else has the exact same question, we will have to create a new topic about that exact same issue right? Since we cant view topics created by others
said by justin:

Yes. Just like if you call support.
Deadpool0 See Profile, if the techs see several similar questions in a short period of time (area outage, etc) they might post in the main Sympatico forum to let the community to cut down on the number of questions they might be getting.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars -- Peart/Lee/Lifeson
Join Team Helix

moezie

join:2004-04-05
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
reply to justin
just wanted to say this is fabulous and keep up the good work!

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
Canada
reply to Kardinal
Correct. These guys have been instructed to keep an open eye for any posts within the main forum as well since Anonymous posters can ask for help via the Direct forum.
--

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
Reviews:
·iiNet
reply to justin
By casting my eye over the forum topics in the new forum I can see almost half are not appropriate. Any that are not relating specifically to an individual issue will get moved back into Sympatico open forum or simply locked.

This isn't a way to ask general questions about policy, marketing or roll-out plans. These are Techs, not Sympatico management. They are interested in trouble-shooting a single subscriber.

RCMP1234

join:2007-08-10
reply to justin
I see many people asking about why others are getting upgraded to 6mbps from 5mbps in the direct forum. Can anyone tell me why?

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
that isn't an appropriate topic for the direct forum but feel free to start a new topic on it here.. unless it has already been raised before..

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to justin
it's up to 7. put on 6 if can handle it. there is no 7 on dsl. why are people asking this over and over?