uniqs
share rss forum feed

newf7

join:2007-09-11
Brampton, ON
reply to secotton

Re: Sympatico Direct forum

said by secotton :
Yes - that is what I was referring to. It wasn't a permanent fix, but it seems as though it is an issue that is coming up right now that needs to be looked into further. I would think it's something that isn't a quick fix, so all they can do is suggest a workaround. I'm sure that first level wouldn't know how to work through this type of issue.
OK, thanks. Rather than carry this on in two threads, I'll post in the »Initial Routing Issues turn into IP range issues

theninjasqua

join:2007-09-26
Hamilton, ON
reply to justin

I am so glad I found this website a week ago. The Sympatico Direct forum solved my problem in a matter of hours that has taken the front end CSR's over 4 days to sort out. It's just a shame that there are probably a bunch of other customers that aren't as geeky as we are and are going crazy getting no-where like I was before. Thank you !

DS8
IT Consultant
Premium
join:2007-01-19
Thunder Bay, ON
reply to justin

I kind of feel bad for the Bell Employees that come here to help (Undercover) via tools, that wont be able to take part in that forum.

But maybe that is a good thing, there is still always gonna be people posting in main Sympatico Thread.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

said by DS8:

I kind of feel bad for the Bell Employees that come here to help (Undercover) via tools, that wont be able to take part in that forum.

But maybe that is a good thing, there is still always gonna be people posting in main Sympatico Thread.
At the same time, remember that the Bell employees taking part in the Direct forum are there because being there is now a part of their job to help users for whom normal support channels have failed. It's a 2 way experience ... first Bell management gets to see what their support organisations are doing or not doing as the case may be, and the customer is getting help.

DS8
IT Consultant
Premium
join:2007-01-19
Thunder Bay, ON

1 edit
reply to justin

Only if they start doing that for Business Class next, it only took me 6 Months to cancel my BIHS Account.

Nothing more to say, but at least Bell in some parts have open there eyes, heck maybe even if they see my post they might see they need major improvements for Business Class as well.

(Note: Not trying to rant, but presently Non-Dedicated Business Class is far worse then Sympatico presently and is getting worse in all areas.)

I was one of many clients that went to business class to escape Sympatico, then things got very worse there after they decided to outsource as well.

(Sorry for my Off-Topic post here, it will not be repeated)

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

I just wanted to post my thanks publicly here, if it weren't for the Bell Sympatico Direct Forum, I'd still be paying $50 a month for less than 1MB/s of service after dealing with the 310-SURF route.

Prompt, professional and went out of their way, just under 4MB/s and steady as a rock

NefCanuck

condor11

join:2007-10-12

2 edits
reply to justin

Another satisfied customer here. Bell messed up this 60Gig limit for contract people (me included). So I posted in the Sympatico Direct forum. That was at 6pm Friday night. I came home at 8:30pm and there was already a message on my phone from Sylvian with the resolution to my problem. Very impressive!

If this communication channel stays open I am sure this will be very good for customers and Bell's reputation.

agreed

@mc.videotron.ca

said by condor11:

If this communication channel stays open I am sure this will be very good for customers and Bell's reputation.
Well said.

ftcnt

join:2004-03-05
Toronto, ON
reply to justin

I also wanted to thank the staff on the Bell Sympatico Direct forum. Their fast and consistent effort resolved my issue.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

Concern has been expressed about the security of the Sympatico Direct forum in terms of your giving B1 numbers there.

To reiterate ...

1) Everyone can see thread titles.

2) Only Bell Employees and the moderator of that forum can see anything written in all the threads and write to all threads.

3) As a user, you can only post into threads you started.

4) No one else can read or write to those threads.

5) If you feel overly sensitive about posting your B1 number, I'm sure that something can be worked out with the tech who looks at your thread so that you can give it to him by IM or by email etc.

Kawartha
It's 5 O'Clock somewhere right??
Premium
join:2002-11-11
Peterborough, ON
reply to justin

said by justin:

I'll be counting the unmarked small bills after I sign off tonight, but I know everything will be there because if not I'll do what I have done before, subtract 5% from every review score in revenge.
Thats beautiful
--
So.. shes PERFECT eh?
Expand your moderator at work

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to justin

Why do we have to Register on a 3rd party site to get help

People have asked "Why do I have to register to get help from the Sympatico Direct forum?"

The reason is technical to preserve your privacy.

As stated before, the only people who can read your threads in the direct forum is YOU, the Bell Techs and the forum moderator (who is NOT me). This is done so that your information remains totally private. So, if a Bell tech asks for your B1 number or your phone number, nobody else can see that info.

This is achievable only if you are a member. The way the forum works, if we allowed anon postings, then any anon poster could see the threads of any other anon poster. We can't segregate by IP, because IPs change. We can't segregate by the posting names selected by anons because they can be duplicated. So, you must register to be a member of DSLR.

Registering doesn't cost you anything unless you WANT to buy tool points which essentially donates to the site.

Nitrox1

join:2002-05-30
Canada
reply to justin

I've been a member of this forum for a while now, I usually don't log in but read the posts every day.
I had a problem with my account and it was resolved in less than 2 hours.
I am glad I am a member here, although I should contribute more often, and I am grateful to the wonderful service that the Sympatico direct forum is for us that have unresolved issues by regular channels.
Thanks Bell Sympatico (and the great tech I dealt with), this is definitely a step in the right direction, and will only help to improve the publics confidence in your service.

guppy3

join:2008-01-10
Orleans, ON
reply to justin

Just some kudos for the Sympatico direct forum. I was having a problem with disconnects so I posted on the direct forum. Within a couple of hours, someone had looked at my problem and had it resolved. We worked over the next couple of days culminating in me having a new modem rush delivered to my house and my line rate being increased. The tech I'm working with (she knows who she is) is possibly the best customer service person I've worked with in any industry (and I run a customer support department for a software company that I rate very highly ). Cannot say enough good things about this service on this site...FANTASTIC!

richcar

join:2006-03-17
Toronto, ON
reply to justin

Excellent service! What a contrast to 310-SURF. My two year problem with slow speeds and instability was solved in two days.

redman3000

join:2008-03-01
reply to richcar

I'm very satisfied with the direct forum. Patrick solved my issue within hours! I didn't had to call 310-SURF and wait/waste time with level 1 tech!

Great forum THANKS!

bushpilot

@bellsouth.net
reply to justin

unable to email someone using sympatico

I am currently in florida , I tried emailing Thru gmail someone using a sympatico email address and I get the following message back, how do I resolve this , how can I without having to do major brain surgery, lol can I just send my message to someone and could they just forward it to the recipient.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

////////@simpatico.ca

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
TEMP_FAILURE: Could not initiate SMTP conversation with any hosts:
[mail.simpatico.ca. (0): Connection timed out]

----- Message header follows -----

Received: by 10.114.12.9 with SMTP id 9mr13412759wal.23.1204386041668;
Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.114.109.12 with HTTP; Sat, 1 Mar 2008 07:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID:
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:40:41 -0500
To: ///////@simpatico.ca
Subject: Roatan building problems
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_13569_30319557.1204386041664"

----- Message body suppressed -----

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

Try spelling sympatico with a 'y' rather than an 'i'

That will help lots

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile

Just a reminder to follow Deadpool's post in the forum today.

You should only provide login info or telephone number or email addys to the Bell employees authorized in the sympatico direct forum if requested in the Sympatico or Sympatico Direct forum.

Don't post your personal info in the Sympatico forum ... just Sympatico Direct. Posts are not private outside the Direct forums.

naz580

join:2008-04-13
St Catharines, ON
reply to sbrook

Re: unable to email someone using sympatico

I also wanted to express my gratitude to the folks at the Sympatico Direct Forum. My problem was fixed in a matter of hours. If only Sympatico's 310-SURF was remotely this efficient then customers might be signing up instead of leaving.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
reply to justin

(topic move) Sympatico Direct forum

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Dropping Belll was in thread Sympatico Direct forum

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to justin

Sympatico Direct "Hours of Operation"

Normal times that you may find techs available on this site are Monday to Friday until 9pm.

NO weekends.

Note that some of the techs have days off during the week because they have other work duties or because they have other higher priority work duties. This may result in gaps in service where you've been dealing with a tech and (s)he suddenly seems to disappear for a day or two.

If you've had a response in the direct forum outside those hours, then it's been on the tech's own time and should NOT be relied upon.

Please be patient.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

(topic move) Sympatico Direct "Hours of Operation"

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Dissatisfied customer

kenshin13

join:2002-05-14
Canada

1 edit
reply to sbrook

Re: Sympatico Direct "Hours of Operation"

Hi. I've tried to deal with the Sympatico direct forums but it seems very slow to get a response. I haven't gotten any replies since the 19th and phoning in and using their web chat has only resulted in more headaches where they go through the same questions and suggestions that have not helped.