how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bushpilot

@bellsouth.net
reply to justin

unable to email someone using sympatico

I am currently in florida , I tried emailing Thru gmail someone using a sympatico email address and I get the following message back, how do I resolve this , how can I without having to do major brain surgery, lol can I just send my message to someone and could they just forward it to the recipient.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

////////@simpatico.ca

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
TEMP_FAILURE: Could not initiate SMTP conversation with any hosts:
[mail.simpatico.ca. (0): Connection timed out]

----- Message header follows -----

Received: by 10.114.12.9 with SMTP id 9mr13412759wal.23.1204386041668;
Sat, 01 Mar 2008 07:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.114.109.12 with HTTP; Sat, 1 Mar 2008 07:40:41 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID:
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 10:40:41 -0500
To: ///////@simpatico.ca
Subject: Roatan building problems
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_13569_30319557.1204386041664"

----- Message body suppressed -----

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Try spelling sympatico with a 'y' rather than an 'i'

That will help lots

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Just a reminder to follow Deadpool's post in the forum today.

You should only provide login info or telephone number or email addys to the Bell employees authorized in the sympatico direct forum if requested in the Sympatico or Sympatico Direct forum.

Don't post your personal info in the Sympatico forum ... just Sympatico Direct. Posts are not private outside the Direct forums.

Expand your moderator at work

naz580

join:2008-04-13
St Catharines, ON
reply to sbrook

Re: unable to email someone using sympatico

I also wanted to express my gratitude to the folks at the Sympatico Direct Forum. My problem was fixed in a matter of hours. If only Sympatico's 310-SURF was remotely this efficient then customers might be signing up instead of leaving.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
reply to justin

(topic move) Sympatico Direct forum

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Dropping Belll was in thread Sympatico Direct forum

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to justin

Sympatico Direct "Hours of Operation"

Normal times that you may find techs available on this site are Monday to Friday until 9pm.

NO weekends.

Note that some of the techs have days off during the week because they have other work duties or because they have other higher priority work duties. This may result in gaps in service where you've been dealing with a tech and (s)he suddenly seems to disappear for a day or two.

If you've had a response in the direct forum outside those hours, then it's been on the tech's own time and should NOT be relied upon.

Please be patient.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

(topic move) Sympatico Direct "Hours of Operation"

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Dissatisfied customer

kenshin13

join:2002-05-14
Canada

1 edit
reply to sbrook

Re: Sympatico Direct "Hours of Operation"

Hi. I've tried to deal with the Sympatico direct forums but it seems very slow to get a response. I haven't gotten any replies since the 19th and phoning in and using their web chat has only resulted in more headaches where they go through the same questions and suggestions that have not helped.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Look at their hours of Operation ... 21st was Saturday, 22nd was Sunday. Sometimes people do pop in and do some stuff on the weekend, but not as much as when it was first set up.

As to phoning in and using webchat! Well, any reading of this forum would tell you that's guaranteed to give headaches.

kenshin13

join:2002-05-14
Canada

It was actually the 19th. The 21st was when I called in and I used the web chat a couple of times after that after not getting responses through Sympatico Direct

marcbase

join:2008-07-31
j3y-8v5
reply to justin

Re: Sympatico Direct forum

im getting out of my contract with bell by talking to them and making them admit that they cant provide what im paying for. its fun

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

(topic move) Getting more than 2.4M

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Getting more than 2.4M

parev

join:2005-11-29
reply to justin

this is the second Saturday that my area Montreal(New bordeaux) sympatico's internet server is going down couples of hour.this is really frustrating.can someone explain why?thanks

Expand your moderator at work

Xsinthis

join:2009-02-13
Stouffville, ON
reply to justin

I too would like to express my gratitude for this service, my issue was resolved in 15 minutes while after almost two months of live chat and phoning in got me no-where...

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to justin

just make sure you thank the employees that are working in here to resolve your problem...it has nothing to do with Bell...Bell doesn't like its staff assisting on online forums and strongly discourages it (to the point of termination)...if Bell really cared about your problem, it would have been fixed through the appropriate channels that already exist.
--
Today's motto: Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today to bid farewell to personal responsibility and accountability.

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
join:2001-03-29
Canada
kudos:17

said by dirtyjeffer:

just make sure you thank the employees that are working in here to resolve your problem...it has nothing to do with Bell...Bell doesn't like its staff assisting on online forums and strongly discourages it (to the point of termination)...if Bell really cared about your problem, it would have been fixed through the appropriate channels that already exist.
Then how did I get the Direct Forum setup and dedicated staff?

Agreed that "proper channels" should fix most if not all problems. However the Direct Forum has been around since September '07 now and hasn't missed a beat - so I would consider that option now a "proper channel" to the point where many don't even bother to call first before going there.

And I don't see why that's a bad thing. And it's supported by Bell.
--
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

said by Deadpool0:

And it's supported by Bell.
perhaps you have received special approval then...it's in the "Code of Conduct", i was sternly warned several years ago (although, i ignored it), and i know people who were fired over it...even when i was "warned", i simply told them that i was helping customers who weren't receiving the help they needed, and if they wanted to fire me for helping their customers, that was their prerogative, but that it certainly wouldn't look good.
--
Today's motto: Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today to bid farewell to personal responsibility and accountability.

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
Canada

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Deadpool0:

And it's supported by Bell.
perhaps you have received special approval then...it's in the "Code of Conduct", i was sternly warned several years ago (although, i ignored it), and i know people who were fired over it...even when i was "warned", i simply told them that i was helping customers who weren't receiving the help they needed, and if they wanted to fire me for helping their customers, that was their prerogative, but that it certainly wouldn't look good.
The "code of conduct" was updated last year to include guidelines for blogs and online forums.

This is a good example of why you shouldn't rely on your past employment experience to determine how things are run today.
--
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

The direct forum was indeed set up at the request of Bell management. We (as in dslreports) didn't set it up on our own whim and hope a few Bell employees would risk their livelihood to provide help. Every time a new employee is added to a direct forum, it's at the request of the ISP management ... they can't simply "add themselves".

It's a definitely authorized support channel. It's a shame that it has to exist because other support channels are so poor, but that's life.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

It's also a shame that so few people inside Bell know it exists. When I mentioned it to the Bell technicians last year they looked at me as if I had three heads.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

said by DKS:

It's also a shame that so few people inside Bell know it exists. When I mentioned it to the Bell technicians last year they looked at me as if I had three heads.
in all fairness, they aren't paid for it, so why should they bother...the reality is, there should be no need for it...if Bell simply fixed things themselves, maybe they wouldn't need employees sneaking around on their own time, for free, trying to fix stuff.
--

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to Deadpool0

said by Deadpool0:

This is a good example of why you shouldn't rely on your past employment experience to determine how things are run today.
don't kid yourself...the code of conduct was probably changed because someone challenged it (i know of several people who were fired for posting online)...you sound kind of like i did about 5 years ago...i would say you've got another year or two left in you before you're done too (that is, if they don't send you packing before then).
--

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Deadpool0:

don't kid yourself...the code of conduct was probably changed because someone challenged it (i know of several people who were fired for posting online)...you sound kind of like i did about 5 years ago...i would say you've got another year or two left in you before you're done too (that is, if they don't send you packing before then).
Deadpool has been with Bell for a decade or more. he was with them when we were all hanging around sympaticousers.org.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
Canada

1 recommendation

reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by DKS:

in all fairness, they aren't paid for it, so why should they bother...the reality is, there should be no need for it...if Bell simply fixed things themselves, maybe they wouldn't need employees sneaking around on their own time, for free, trying to fix stuff.
All the reps that have been or are in the Direct Forum were and are paid to be there.

Regardless of why the Code of Conduct was changed, my point remains that your experiences working in a Bell World store (how many years ago) doesn't compare to my (current) experiences in Product. They are completely different from every aspect.
--

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

Deadpool, with all due respect, they aren't different...you simply choose to not see it...it's OK, I made the same mistakes...you're a good guy though, and don't deserve what eventually will come to you (especially if you have been there that long)...a word of advise, keep an updated copy of a resume handy and remember it is always easier to find a job when you already have one.
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

OK ... let's leave the personal discussion out of this.

chabu

join:2002-01-16
reply to justin

having trouble with my internet service for the past month. I have a bundle service(internet, phone and tv) and only the internet portion for the past 2 months has been giving me trouble with no service between 6.00pm and 11.00pm everyday. During the day, the service is constantly being interrupted. Could not get any help from the 310-surf number other than just more frustration and time wasteage.
Ready to cancel my complete service.
Can you help