join:2001-03-29
Canada
kudos:17
reply to dirtyjeffer

Re: Sympatico Direct forum

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Deadpool0:

And it's supported by Bell.
perhaps you have received special approval then...it's in the "Code of Conduct", i was sternly warned several years ago (although, i ignored it), and i know people who were fired over it...even when i was "warned", i simply told them that i was helping customers who weren't receiving the help they needed, and if they wanted to fire me for helping their customers, that was their prerogative, but that it certainly wouldn't look good.
The "code of conduct" was updated last year to include guidelines for blogs and online forums.

This is a good example of why you shouldn't rely on your past employment experience to determine how things are run today.
--
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
The direct forum was indeed set up at the request of Bell management. We (as in dslreports) didn't set it up on our own whim and hope a few Bell employees would risk their livelihood to provide help. Every time a new employee is added to a direct forum, it's at the request of the ISP management ... they can't simply "add themselves".

It's a definitely authorized support channel. It's a shame that it has to exist because other support channels are so poor, but that's life.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
It's also a shame that so few people inside Bell know it exists. When I mentioned it to the Bell technicians last year they looked at me as if I had three heads.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
said by DKS:

It's also a shame that so few people inside Bell know it exists. When I mentioned it to the Bell technicians last year they looked at me as if I had three heads.
in all fairness, they aren't paid for it, so why should they bother...the reality is, there should be no need for it...if Bell simply fixed things themselves, maybe they wouldn't need employees sneaking around on their own time, for free, trying to fix stuff.
--
Today's motto: Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today to bid farewell to personal responsibility and accountability.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
reply to Deadpool0
said by Deadpool0:

This is a good example of why you shouldn't rely on your past employment experience to determine how things are run today.
don't kid yourself...the code of conduct was probably changed because someone challenged it (i know of several people who were fired for posting online)...you sound kind of like i did about 5 years ago...i would say you've got another year or two left in you before you're done too (that is, if they don't send you packing before then).
--
Today's motto: Dearly beloved, We are gathered here today to bid farewell to personal responsibility and accountability.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Deadpool0:

don't kid yourself...the code of conduct was probably changed because someone challenged it (i know of several people who were fired for posting online)...you sound kind of like i did about 5 years ago...i would say you've got another year or two left in you before you're done too (that is, if they don't send you packing before then).
Deadpool has been with Bell for a decade or more. he was with them when we were all hanging around sympaticousers.org.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Deadpool0
Go Sens Go
Premium
join:2001-03-29
Canada
kudos:17

1 recommendation

reply to dirtyjeffer
said by dirtyjeffer:

said by DKS:

in all fairness, they aren't paid for it, so why should they bother...the reality is, there should be no need for it...if Bell simply fixed things themselves, maybe they wouldn't need employees sneaking around on their own time, for free, trying to fix stuff.
All the reps that have been or are in the Direct Forum were and are paid to be there.

Regardless of why the Code of Conduct was changed, my point remains that your experiences working in a Bell World store (how many years ago) doesn't compare to my (current) experiences in Product. They are completely different from every aspect.
--
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON
Deadpool, with all due respect, they aren't different...you simply choose to not see it...it's OK, I made the same mistakes...you're a good guy though, and don't deserve what eventually will come to you (especially if you have been there that long)...a word of advise, keep an updated copy of a resume handy and remember it is always easier to find a job when you already have one.
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
OK ... let's leave the personal discussion out of this.

chabu

join:2002-01-16
reply to justin
having trouble with my internet service for the past month. I have a bundle service(internet, phone and tv) and only the internet portion for the past 2 months has been giving me trouble with no service between 6.00pm and 11.00pm everyday. During the day, the service is constantly being interrupted. Could not get any help from the 310-surf number other than just more frustration and time wasteage.
Ready to cancel my complete service.
Can you help

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Post your problem in the direct forum itself ... this note exists to TELL you about the forum; it's not the place to post the problem!

chabu

join:2002-01-16
thanks....my apologies

adorno77

join:2009-11-28
M5G 2V1
What is the point of this forum?

I posted an issue there two days ago and not even an acknowledgment from anyone at Bell.

I realize that this doesn't reflect at all on dslreports. Unlike Bell, you guys seem supremely competent.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
The folks who work the Bell direct forum work mainly during the normal work week. Occasionally you may get afterhours assistance there, if one of the techs is working the weekend, or feels like connecting from home! But they are Bell paid employees and are entitled to their weekends too!

You probably should get a response in the next day or so depending on the number of other problems that were posted there.

The point of it is to get specific assistance from high level Bell techs when normal support channels don't work.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
reply to justin

(topic move) Sympatico Direct forum

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Questions about Service was in Sympatico Direct thread
Expand your moderator at work

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
reply to justin

(topic move) Sympatico Direct forum

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »Retention question

MacrossFreek

join:2001-03-26
Toronto, ON
reply to justin

Re: Sympatico Direct forum

I just created a new thread in the Bell Canada Direct forum but I can't view it even though I'm logged in. Does there have to be a reply before I can view it or is there something else wrong?

Thanks for any help.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
You should be able to see it even without a reply. I'd try going here: »/loghist , deleting all your cookies, then logging in again.
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***
Expand your moderator at work