Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shotzie

join:2002-03-04
Utica, NY

[TWC] e-mail problems

Cannot send email from my adelphia address since yesterday
Receiving ok and able to send using yahoo server from my Outlook Express.
Error message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '****@cornell.edu'. Subject 'Emailing: 4244-5_7-0.htm', Account: 'R Kopek', Server: 'mail.adelphia.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to cornell.edu is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Help please. Have not been changed over to roadrunner e-mail address in this area yet unless new subscriber.

MacLeech
The one and only
Premium
join:2001-07-14
SoCal
kudos:3

1 edit

Either you aren't using the TWC cable modem connection while sending mail....

...or the mail server no longer recognizes your IP address as being "on-net" and an authorized sender.

Basically the server thinks your not on the TWC/Adelphia network.

Although when I lookup that specific error... most sites recommend trying to turn authentication on.

Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
Premium
join:2000-09-02
Here
kudos:1
reply to shotzie

If you have a Roadrunner IP you will need to use the Roadrunner EMail server, which you should already be doing.

pop-server.roadrunner.com
smtp-server.roadrunner.com

username@roadrunner.com
--
Looking for fly shit in pepper.

shotzie

Utica, NY
reply to shotzie

I am using the cable modem as my connection. I have changed no settings. Everyone around here still is using the adelphia.net for e-mail, we have not been instructed to do otherwise yet. I have many friends still with adephia e-mail addresses.

I can send and receive Yahoo mail just fine in Outlook Express, same program I use to collect my adelphia mail.
I use Yahoo servers for Yahoo and Adelphia servers for adelphia.

I tried changing to the roadrunner settings and they didn't recognize me at all.

Perhaps a network problem?????

shotzie

Utica, NY
reply to shotzie

Went to the roadrunner home page for Central NY
Signed in to use webmail. My e-mail address is still
@adelphia.net. Webmail works fine.

Contacted support by e-mail, will also e-mail my friends with adelphia addresses to see if they are having the same problem. Will use Yahoo for now.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:10

Try removing and adding the mail account.

Hob

shotzie

Utica, NY
reply to shotzie

thank you for the suggestion but removing then adding the e-mail account for adelphia did not work, I tried sending from my adelphia address to my yahoo address using the adelphia servers and received this message

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'rkopek@yahoo.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'Adelphia', Server: 'mail.adelphia.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to yahoo.com is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have received two replies from roadrunner support insisting I am trying to send from my yahoo address using the adelphia server( I am NOT) and the other telling me I should be using a roadrunner address and server which doesn't work either. I CAN SEND from my adelphia address to others with an adelphia.net address

When I tried to reply to the support response using my adelphia address to send to their rr address I was also rejected with a message similar to above.

HELP!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

What Ip address do you have?

Dont post it all....xx out the last digits.

shotzie

Utica, NY
reply to shotzie

Suddenly without me doing anything else my account is working again! Go figure

Thanks for the help, but I am more confused than ever as now both the @adelphia.net account and the @roadrunner.com account send and receive when I wasn't even recognized by roadrunner mail before and adelphia wouldn't send.

Still feel it was something on their end. Shouldn't we have been changed to the roadrunner e-mail addresses by now?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by shotzie:

Still feel it was something on their end. Shouldn't we have been changed to the roadrunner e-mail addresses by now?
You already have a Roadrunner.com address which will be your address going forward.

Just use the servers above and login using

»webmail.roadrunner.com/webedge

Its the same server.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson