uniqs
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

1 edit

1 recommendation

jc10098 to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: Immunity

No Attacks? They happen every day right? Do you not recall that there have been school shootings? Wait, those are domestic terrorism. Ah damn, I guess there have been. You damn well know if it was an Arab kid, it would be called that. Every news agency would have been on that like a pack of wolves. So give me a break. Let's not forget the second worst terrorist attack was committed by a White, Christian, American named Timothy Mcveigh. Still, these events are the oddity. We have more problems to deal with in this country when it comes to 20-22,000 Americans are murdered PER YEAR. Crime outweighs terrorism 100 to 1 on any day of the week, considering in the last 20 years, we've had 4000 deaths to do it. In that same timespan, around 500,000 Americans have been murdered. Therefore, Go do some math and you my friend will realize how foolish your statement sounds....Hence, we need to focus our efforts on real problems and not turning small ones into a way to fear monger the public into a drooling stupor.

wifi4milez
Big Russ, 1918 to 2008. Rest in Peace
join:2004-08-07
New York, NY

2 recommendations

wifi4milez

said by jc10098:

We have more problems to deal with in this country when it comes to 20-22,000 Americans are murdered PER YEAR. Crime outweighs terrorism 100 to 1 on any day of the week, considering in the last 20 years, we've had 4000 deaths to do it. In that same timespan, around 500,000 Americans have been murdered. Therefore, Go do some math and you my friend will realize how foolish your statement sounds....Hence, we need to focus our efforts on real problems and not turning small ones into a way to fear monger the public into a drooling stupor.
So you are suggesting that we ignore terrorism because there are "car crashes" and "crime" in this country?? That argument sounds like it was made by a two year old. As adults, we realize that the "ignore it and it will go away" outlook on life stopped being realistic when we were in kindergarten. Which coincidentally shows the mental capacity of anyone who still believes it.....
jc10098
join:2002-04-10

3 edits

jc10098

I'm not suggesting we ignore the problem at all. Merely, I am suggestion we focus more of our efforts where they belong. IE, dealing with crime, poverty, car crashes, and other issues that warrant our attention. This is not to say some actions are not worthwhile in terms of REALISTIC security measures in response to recent events. These include increased airport security, having barriers between certain buildings, and metal detectors. These actions are considered common sense and apply to all sorts of issues across the board. However, stripping away our rights, telling us how everyone's out get us, and crap like that simply shouldn't fly. It's one thing to act, it's another to over react and sell people on overzealous stupidity. As adults, we ALSO realize this, too. Obviously, you must have never left kindergarten since you don't, by your own accord.