Over 200 mph
Premium Member
join:2005-06-29
Florence, SC

hayabusa3303

Premium Member

[Rant] Best buy.

Let me set a good visual on this

Ok in February the wife went out and bought a xbox 360. I told her to wait, but she had her mind made up so she got it and got there extended warranty i told her to get it. So now three have went bad. Went to get OTHER Ms product and this is what gets me.

I go up they tested it showed it was bad go get other one. I asked the lady since i bought this at 399 price can i exchange it for halo 3 one, its 399 also. She checked with a few people they said YES. So the wife picked one up got up the counter paper work started flying. We get done and the lady that said it was FINE said you dont get a extended warranty on that one because its a different SKU. We need 60 more bucks from you to extended this one. I said BS. I will get a pro at that point.

To make this BS short here comes the store manager who didnt know jack i could tell. I said if we get a pro which it what she had she could get money back we paid 399 and its now 349. He said no. If i had everyone come in and do that we would have so many tv's here all we would have would be open boxs and wouldnt make any money.

I told her ring it up and the computer gave me back 54.00 bucks(store credit) and all three of them right there and told me i dont get any money back because we are just exchanging it. I looked and said none of you know what your doing do you?
Both walked off at that point. I rest my case.

Where to they hired these people from? MANAGERS included. Managers walk around with a halo over there head. If they goto Manager classes they need to be redone because there customer service SUCKS.

im done

My first post in RANTS

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

Why should they extend the warranty when you've chosen a different product? The manager makes a valid point as well -- they should not have to price match something you bought almost over a year ago. For once, I actually agree with Best Buy. This is especially weird since I can't stand them myself.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium Member
Florence, SC

hayabusa3303

Premium Member

said by removed:

Why should they extend the warranty when you've chosen a different product?
They told me i could then backed out on it.

Then when i match Sku to sku i wasnt allowed to get 54 bucks (per manager) back because of a price drop 399 vs 349 . They keep that money is what was said. Funny the computer said i get a refund.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
I'm with removed on this they should not have to price match any thing bought earlier. Best Buy is in the right.

removed
Premium Member
Houston, TX

removed to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
said by hayabusa3303:

They told me i could then backed out on it.
Sucks. You could probably have gotten away with it if you hadn't made a fuss and asked to speak with the manager...

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium Member
Florence, SC

hayabusa3303

Premium Member

i didnt ask for a manager. he just showed up

Ken
MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN

Ken to hayabusa3303

MVM

to hayabusa3303
How can you expect them to give you $50 for the price difference when you purchased it in February? I bought a tv at Best Buy about 8 years ago, if they still sell that model today, and it is a lower price do you expect them to give me a refund on the price difference? Maybe I should take my truck back to the Ford dealer and get a refund, I paid $19K, and they are selling the same truck now for $10K. I guess they owe me $9K, right?

s bassaw
join:2006-06-11
New Rochelle, NY

1 edit

s bassaw to hayabusa3303

to hayabusa3303
First things first, the original post was very hard to read and decipher. After studying it, I think I can fairly say that I do understand it and can comment on it.

If you paid $1,000 for it at the time of sale and the XBox 360 is now selling for $100, you are entitled to the $100 item. You don't get anything more or less. The extended warranty is there to replace the original item you bought. Its main purpose is to make you whole again, not for you to profit.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium Member
Florence, SC

hayabusa3303

Premium Member

said by s bassaw:

First things first, the original post waver very hard to read and decipher. After studying it, I think I can fairly say that I do understand it and can comment on it.

If you paid $1,000 for it at the time of sale and the XBox 360 is now selling for $100, you are entitled to the $100 item. You don't get anything more or less. The extended warranty is there to replace the original item you bought. Its main purpose is to make you whole again, not for you to profit.
But its ok for them to PROFIT money that they didnt even do anything except change serial numbers in the computer?

I did notice that is PRP is a CASH VALUE. its in the terms. So what ever you paid they have to honer it. Its the same as CASH payment.
hayabusa3303

hayabusa3303 to Ken

Premium Member

to Ken
said by Ken:

How can you expect them to give you $50 for the price difference when you purchased it in February? I bought a tv at Best Buy about 8 years ago, if they still sell that model today, and it is a lower price do you expect them to give me a refund on the price difference? Maybe I should take my truck back to the Ford dealer and get a refund, I paid $19K, and they are selling the same truck now for $10K. I guess they owe me $9K, right?
We are talking about insurance here as if it where on your truck not the truck itself.

Ken
MVM
Markle, IN

Ken

MVM

The insurance has nothing to do with it. You paid 399 in February, today the sell it for 349, you wanted the 50 back. It's ridiculous to think that anybody would do something like that after this many months.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium Member
Florence, SC

1 edit

hayabusa3303

Premium Member

said by Ken:

The insurance has nothing to do with it. You paid 399 in February, today the sell it for 349, you wanted the 50 back. It's ridiculous to think that anybody would do something like that after this many months.
If you wreck your truck you want money out of it right?
guess not.

edit i should say PRP is insurance that what im talking about.

Ken
MVM
Markle, IN

Ken

MVM

Okay let's keep going with the truck xbox analogy.

I paid 19K for my truck, but I could go out today and purchase an exact equivalent for $10K. You paid $399 for an xbox, but could go out today and purchase an exact equivalent for $349.

If I my truck were totaled, the insurance would pay me $10K, the amount of money it would take to purchase an exact equivalent. Your xbox was totaled, and they wanted to give you $349, the amount of money it would take to purchase an exact equivalent.

Do you see the error in your logic?

removed
Premium Member
Houston, TX

removed to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
said by hayabusa3303:

If you wreck your truck you want money out of it right?
guess not.
Worst analogy ever. If I wreck a car that cost $25,000 when purchased brand new 10 years ago, you bet your balls that the insurance company isn't going to give you the full initial retail price back.

s bassaw
join:2006-06-11
New Rochelle, NY

1 edit

s bassaw to hayabusa3303

to hayabusa3303
said by hayabusa3303:

said by s bassaw:

First things first, the original post waver very hard to read and decipher. After studying it, I think I can fairly say that I do understand it and can comment on it.

But its ok for them to PROFIT money that they didnt even do anything except change serial numbers in the computer?

I did notice that is PRP is a CASH VALUE. its in the terms. So what ever you paid they have to honer it. Its the same as CASH payment.
Do you understand what an extended warranty really is?
It is a warranty or insurance that you pay in case the item is damaged. You don't profit with an insurance, you are made whole again. You're just mad because
1.) You can't get the Halo edition
2.) The price on the XBox 360 dropped and you're feeling like you got taken advantage of.

Answer me this:
If you bought an XBox original for say, $500 and then spent an additional $100 on an extended warranty for 5 years. Four years later, the thing breaks. You go back to Best Buy ask for a new XBox. There are two XBox systems on display: the original for $200 and the 360 for $500. Do you honestly believe you are entitled to a replacement original XBox + $300 cash? Do you honestly believe you are entitled to a 360?

The value of items go down on a daily basis. Get used to it.

viperpa33s
Why Me?
Premium Member
join:2002-12-20
Bradenton, FL

viperpa33s to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
As a person who has worked in retail for a few years, I can tell you that store is not going to give you money back on a warranty replacement. The warranty is only to cover the exact replacement of the broken item. If the original item is not available for replacement, then the store can substitute with an equivalent item of equal value.

You say Best Buy is making money when they are actually losing money cause you have had 3 Xbox's replaced which amounts to about $1,200. Way more than what you originally paid for the Xbox and the extended warranty. People complain when companies are greedy.

Don't know why you are complaining when you should be happy Best Buy replaced all 3 Xbox's you had trouble with.

BK3
join:2001-04-10
Geneva, IL

BK3 to hayabusa3303

to hayabusa3303
Having been a Best Buy employee in the past, I will say this: Anytime an item is exchanged for a new one one under any of Best Buy's extended warranties, the warranty coverage ends at that time, regardless of how much time may be left on the warranty. One exchange is all you are supposed to get.

Now, having said that, there have been exceptions, but it is left to the discretion of the manager on duty.

Disclaimer: I have not worked for Best Buy for several years, but this was the official policy during my time with them.
56578233 (banned)
join:2007-09-07

56578233 (banned) to hayabusa3303

to hayabusa3303
Sorry bud but I agree with everyone here. Your logic is totally flawed.

Rant closed.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to BK3

Premium Member

to BK3
said by BK3:

Having been a Best Buy employee in the past, I will say this: Anytime an item is exchanged for a new one one under any of Best Buy's extended warranties, the warranty coverage ends at that time, regardless of how much time may be left on the warranty. One exchange is all you are supposed to get.

Now, having said that, there have been exceptions, but it is left to the discretion of the manager on duty.

Disclaimer: I have not worked for Best Buy for several years, but this was the official policy during my time with them.
That's now it has happened with me everytime I've had to exchange an item under my extended warranty. They charge me for the new warrant for the new product that was just replaced.

Which is fine with me, I don't mind spending $10 extra bucks every 2-3 years.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to hayabusa3303

MVM

to hayabusa3303
The first post in rants and it shows you really don't know what you are talking about.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
Wow.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL

Phil to 56578233

Premium Member

to 56578233
said by 56578233:

Rant closed.
Ditto.
older dog
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09

older dog

Premium Member

said by Phil:

said by 56578233:

Rant closed.
Ditto.
Agree

Greg_Z
Premium Member
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL

Greg_Z to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
In all actuallity, it was the drone that was incorrect, not the Manager.

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium Member
Florence, SC

hayabusa3303

Premium Member

said by Greg_Z:

In all actuallity, it was the drone that was incorrect, not the Manager.
I dont blame the manager one bit. He is done has he is told in there books.

Out of all of this i did get the money back because it is a cash value in there PRP.

There people need to be better trained.

Really i didnt want the halo xbox any way its too ugly.

MarkyD
Premium Member
join:2002-08-20
Oklahoma City, OK

MarkyD to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
you are not entitled to any refund. Your extended warranty replaces your defective product, it doesn't provide some sort of extended price protection.

koma3504
Advocate
Premium Member
join:2004-06-22
Granbury, TX

koma3504 to hayabusa3303

Premium Member

to hayabusa3303
Doesn't the extended warranty pick up after the origanal manufacuters warranty???? and what is the manufactures warrenty on this item??

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC

Jahntassa

Premium Member

said by koma3504:

Doesn't the extended warranty pick up after the origanal manufacuters warranty???? and what is the manufactures warrenty on this item??
PRP isn't an extended warranty in that way. It starts at purchase, not when the manufacturer warranty ends. It basically sits parallel to the manufacturer warranty. At least so far as I understand them.
computerman2
Premium Member
join:2002-04-20
Trenton, MI

computerman2

Premium Member

In late May I had DVD-Recorder go bad, with Product Service Plan protection, they were no equilent models they could replace it with, so i finally got the full purchase price for it