uniqs
share rss forum feed

kapil
The Kapil

join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

1 edit

Hmmm

I can't tell if Google people are smart and actually have some master plan in the works, or is this simply throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

For the sake of my handful of shares, I hope it's the former....but I must say, that an awful lot of what they fling, does end up sticking.
--
»PropertyMaps.com - Real-time, map based, nationwide MLS property search!

Ahrenl

join:2004-10-26
North Andover, MA

There was an article in some publication (sorry for the vagueness) mentioning that their operating objectives focus on your so called "sticky shit" strategy. That most new employee's aren't assigned a project and are just left to figure out something to do. Pretty interesting read if you can find it.. And if you can find it with the information I've provided you, you need to make it your job.

kapil
The Kapil

join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

said by Ahrenl:

if you can find it with the information I've provided you, you need to make it your job.
LOL
--
»PropertyMaps.com - Real-time, map based, nationwide MLS property search!

Ahrenl

join:2004-10-26
North Andover, MA

Ahh! I remember! It was a few issues ago of Bloomberg Magazine. You can probably even find it over at Bloomberg.com.

phoneboy3

@shawcable.net
reply to kapil

I'll put my vote in for the "throwing shit at the wall" thing. Anything that tries to bypasses world reliance on Telco's is a good thing so I am all for it. I'm sure that is part of what Google is thinking. The Telco's have been threatening to squeeze Google for some of those juicy profits so can you blame Google for wanting to get out of that position?