share rss forum feed

fw

join:2005-09-18

To go please ...

I'll take 1 FiberHome100 to go please

phattieg

join:2001-04-29
Winter Park, FL
This is why America is not the place to be if you need bandwidth to push around. But, then again, I am sure much of the desired content is in English. It's a catch 22. I bet the government monitors their traffic more heavily than the USA does our own.
--
SIPPhone/Gizmo # 17476200648 / PIMPNET Chatline / Ran by Asterisk & Slackware 10.1.

dave24

@etrials.com
Actually the gov. doesn't really interfere too much as you might be led think. Hong Kong is an SAR (Special Administrative Region) of China as still has almost of the same freedoms it had under British colonial rule.

Its an awesome place to live, I highly recommend it!

fish

@netvigator.com
reply to phattieg
Hilarious ignorance from a country where major telcos, ISPs, and web sites almost routinely hand over information to your government to "fight terrorist"!

While many Hong Kong people are probably also accessing English content, the writer has clearly not seen the blogging activity in a typical internet cafe in China lately. Unfortunately, many Hong Kong Chinese cannot read simplified Chinese and anyway prefer more serious news and information sources from Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, and the US anyways.

DvD

@124.43.205.x

1 edit
reply to fw
I want one too. My current broadband costs $33 (512/128 ADSL)

Plinio

@tricom.net
reply to phattieg
One question, Is America a Country or a Continent?

anooonnn

@217.205.102.x
ctry