Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to KrK

Re: Makes no sense

said by KrK:

said by fldiver:

If they would not let DTV and Echostar merge why on EARTH would the govt sanction this abysmal idea. I am so glad I stayed with Directv; I despise AT&T with every breath in my body..
Echostar and DTV merge = Bigger competition to Telco and Cable Company plans.... BLOCKED!

Echostar bought by AT&T = Consolidation of media by Telco, of Part of Company plans..... APPROVED!

The FCC lately has been all about Big Business agenda and allowing mergers *except* when it threatens the interests of the Telcos and Cable companies...
Also except when it benefits the consumer and rips control away from the large groups. IE XM/Sirius and NAB.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

Point taken.

If a merger would actually create a bigger competitor to existing large companies, it's blocked.

If it's a buyout or merger by said existing large interests, it's approved.

IE if it promotes competition and consumer choice it's usually shot down.
--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists, and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service." - former FCC Chairman William Kennard (A real FCC Chairman, unlike the current Corporate Spokesperson in the job!)

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Exactly , I have no idea what these folks up on the hill are thinking. These types of mergers are just being approved in record times.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"