margioa
Premium
join:2007-04-06
Nicaragua
Reviews:
·deltathree

Satellite U305-S5077

HI all

This is incredible! I have a Toshiba Satellite U305-S5077 and of course, like many new computers it comes with Vista. I have install XP Pro and I CAN NOT find the AUDIO DRIVER.

I found something in RTL and it somehow works, but this does not work properly together with the integrated camera application (can't record). Does anyone out there, knows something about this?

Thanks in advance.

wraith h

join:2003-06-27
Alvarado, TX

i had the same problem... alot of the newer laptops dont have xp drivers due to the fact that microsoft wants everyone to upgrade to vista.. i cure this problem i had to special order a different laptop that had xp on it.

margioa
Premium
Nicaragua
Reviews:
·deltathree

said by wraith h:

i had the same problem... alot of the newer laptops dont have xp drivers due to the fact that microsoft wants everyone to upgrade to vista.. i cure this problem i had to special order a different laptop that had xp on it.
I have solved the WLAN drivers, graphics, and the SD drivers...but not the audio driver yet. I know Microsoft wants to force us to use Vista, but I think parts manufactures can have some drivers for those who wants to downgrade or use Windows XP (e.i. Toshiba does not have the WLAN driver when your computer has XP on this model, but Atheros, does have the driver for XP ).

froz

@intel.com

i am having the same problem. i can find drivers for this laptop after i install winXP. Please, let me know if somesome know where to get them.
Thx

eX_NihiLo
Here's Your Something For Nothing
Premium
join:2003-08-05
Louisville, CO
reply to margioa

Have you tried Windows Update and looked at what non-critical updates are available for it? Sometimes it will show updated drivers. I found updated drivers for onboard video on my laptop that way.

dragon
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-30
Spring, TX
kudos:1
reply to margioa

try browsing the restore disc for a folder with the drivers. sometimes you can expand the folder and see the list of drivers. it will be a guessing game of choosing which drivers will be needed for your particular laptop.
some the vista drivers may work with xp, but most will not. however by seeing what drivers are available on the disc, you can search for "xp drivers" that toshiba has for older models, or search the internet for them.
i was able to find drivers for most of the devices on my toshiba laptop except for two. the laptop has been functioning perfectly without the two devices. at this point, i'm assuming the two devices may have to do with features that would work with vista only.

Tomasz

@rangehomedsl.co.uk
reply to margioa

I have found a nice canadian toshiba site when you can download a lot of drivers:
»209.167.114.38/support/Download/···del.asp#

If you select Satellite U300 PSU30C-NS508C you will be presented with the list of drivers. Filter by Win XP. The Realtek audio driver will work with Satellite U305-S5077 as well.

Good luck. Tomasz

hschell

join:2007-10-17
New York, NY
reply to margioa

Hi-Where did you find the graphics/video driver?

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
join:2002-12-05
Blackwood, NJ
reply to margioa

you probably need the Universal Audio Architecture driver from MS 1st. no clue where to DL it but search for UAA and XP. Vista has it built-in but it needs to be installed in XP in order for XP to recognize and then install your audio device.

margioa
Premium
Nicaragua
Reviews:
·deltathree
reply to hschell

hschell:

Try this one and let me know:

»downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_···lang=eng

regards,

margio

hschell

join:2007-10-17
New York, NY

Satellite U305-S5077 - Running DOS program in full screen mode

Thanks Margio:
I downloaded the Intel Graphics Accelerator driver from Intel as you suggested and that worked. This laptop says it has the 950 Graphics accelerator but the driver works anyway.

I had been trying to run a DOS application in full screen and it wouldn't let me. I am still running the hateful Win Vista but installed the XP graphics driver and it will now allow the DOS app to run in full screen.
I would like to put XP on this machine however. Where did you get the WLAN and SD drivers? Any other tips?
-Howard

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium
join:2002-12-05
Blackwood, NJ
reply to margioa

Re: Satellite U305-S5077

youre gonna need to go to the direct MFG site for every driver. assuming it's an intel processor, youll need to go to Intel.com download section and search for your chipset, although most intel chipsets use the same driver package (why your gfx driver was installed with one that said otherwise).

for your audio device, youre gonna need to go to your audio MFG site and DL directly from them. they may list the UAA on their site. if they do, fantastic, if not, youll still need to find a UAA driver that works for your system before you can install the audio drivers.
--
Somnambulator - t3h 5133pw41k3r

~Choosy moms choose Jif~

Lafayette

@asiltelecom.net.br
reply to margioa

I have found the audio driver at »www.kerodownload.com/s-fx_info-id-12388.html but I cannot find the camera driver and the wifi driver please tell me where did you found.

margioa
Premium
Nicaragua
Reviews:
·deltathree
reply to margioa

Lafayette,

Camera drivers for XP can be found actually on toshiba's website. These drivers are stated to be for Vista, but It will work with XP too.

Regarding the WLAN drivers, I don't remember where did I found it, but if you can send me a private IM with your e-mail I can send it to you.

Regards,

Margio

margioa
Premium
Nicaragua
Reviews:
·deltathree
reply to margioa

hschell,

The SD drivers can also be found on toshiba's website. This driver will work with XP and Vista. Regrading the WLAN drivers, I don't remember where did I got it from, but if you e-mail me I can send it to you too.

Regards,

Margio

Chen R

@sbcglobal.net
reply to margioa

I dont know if I sound like a novice at installing XP or not.. but so far I am unable to install XP on the Satellite U305 laptop. When I tried to install XP after formating the C drive, it said failure to locate drive, and restarts in 15 second. Please help.

Rich

@bellsouth.net

1 edit
reply to margioa

I NEED THE WLAN DRIVERS

CAN SOMEONE EMAIL ME AT RICHROBINS at GMAIL.COM

chong67

join:2001-11-18
Jonesboro, GA

I dont have a U305 and I am just trying to help some of you.

I know its crazy that U305 doesnt have anything XP, but from reading this thread, U305 kissing cousin(the Tecra M8) is the same as the U305 and it comes in XP.

So just read this thead and hope it will help some of you:

»forum.notebookreview.com/showthr···ght=u305

Jetcom

@telkom.net.id
reply to margioa

pls send me a wlan driver to fandijs@gmail.com thx a lot

Sier

@comcast.net
reply to margioa

Where do I get the WLAN DRIVE? Please

margioa
Premium
Nicaragua
reply to margioa

Jetcom,

I have sent you the drivers to your mail.

Lobo769

@201.219.17.x
reply to margioa

Hi all,

Thanks god for the internet and you guys

Guys I'm in the same trouble as you. Can you please upload the drivers on:

»rapidshare.com/?

Like that everyone can take advantage of your luck

thank you on advance!

sutley

@verizon.net
reply to margioa

Does anyone have this licked yet?
I.E. Has anyone figured out how to enable ALL the bells and whistles with Windows XP installed?

I think I have most of it:

• Chipset (SM Bus): driver_chipset_intel_25916A.exe

• Audio: driver_audio_realtek_26359B.exe

• Video: win2k_xp14311.exe - from intel website

• Card Reader: driver_card_reader_26016C.exe and util_sd_memory_26023A.exe

• LAN: driver_lan_realtek_26360A.exe

• WLAN: driver_wifi_atheros_26288A.exe

• MODEM: driver_modem_25766B.exe

• Camera: util_camera_26013D.exe

I also installed (util_hdd_protection_26213A.exe), but I haven't seen a difference.

The FN+F keys work, but I haven't been able to get the on screen display for the key strokes to appear or any of the other specific/specialize programs associated with them.

I haven't tried using the DVD writer yet.

Even with 1GB of RAM and WinXP, I'm a little disappointed in the "snappiness" of the machine.

Anyone got any tips?

Sam

Polansk

@terezaperez.com.br
reply to margioa

Hi i need U305 xp drivers pls send me a e-mail with archives polansk@gmail.com ty

Olga

@snto-msu.net
reply to margioa

Hi, I need drivers for XP too (Toshiba U305 S5077)
Please send me them to my e-mail infatuated.girl@gmail.com

paultnj

@comcast.net

I have searched high and low for the following file to get the Webcam to work but I cant find anything and none of the drivers from Toshiba's website work in XP:

util_camera_26013D.exe

Anyone have any luck or suggestions? If you have the above file, please email it to me.

pft2@njit.edu

Dantist

@nau.edu.ua
reply to margioa

Please send me all drivers for U305-S5077. Plintus@netman.ru Please!!!

Nerdpl

@82.139.176.x
reply to margioa

hey,
I have problems with drivers too. I'm still looking for usb and camera drivers....
If there is anyone who can help me please ....

ricardobh

join:2008-01-31

I've installed intel infinst_autol.zip got from support.intel.com and it recognized almost all pci devices, including usb, sata, memory controller and usb camera tested with Windows movie maker.
Can anyone tell me how to install the battery driver? Everytime I startup windows xp it says that can't install battery (2 times).
Thanks for any help.
I'm from Brazil and I'm learning english, sorry for any mistake.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

Not to be a "downer", but in many cases, on new hardware, there may be in some cases NO drivers that will allow the periphial in question to run "completely" in XP.

This is not a case of Microsoft "wanting" users to use only Vista, and it is particularly an issue with notebook computers, which are designed for very specific, short-term runs of manufacture.

Notebook manufacturers design a notebook for a particular build, both hardware and OS wise, as an integrated "solution"...they simply have no abiding interest in designing an open-ended machine to be "presonalized" by supporting and developing drivers for their hardware. MS does not develop hardware drives, the manufacturers do...

Now, if one does not like/want Vista (and I have no beef with that, either way), then it only makes sense to buy a laptop that either comes with XP, or, can have XP pre-installed as an option, as a number of Dell models can, and some of the more expensive HP business class (and Thinkpads) can.

Increasingly, and it will only get "worse", hardware will come out with no XP compatibility or drivers...and although I can understand the frustration, it only makes sense. You do not see hardware being built with DOS 3.1, or Win 95 drivers either, right? And yet no one is beefing about that!

Don't get me wrong, if you can get everything running right with XP, hey, that is great, but it is going to be a tougher and tougher prospect, and laptops by their very design and purpose tend to have a lot more limited driver support than their desktop counterparts.
--
...something is happening here but you don't know what it is...do you, Mr. Jones?