spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Detroiter
@comcast.net

Detroiter

Anon

Live 97.1 Free Fm - WKRK

What the hell is going on with this station. D&D are now in the mornings and it's a combo AM station? This station will not succeed with these changes. Has anyone got any other information
Detroiter

Detroiter

Anon

Here's the answers after some digging.
»www.michiguide.com/

tr6scott
join:2002-03-23
Oxford, MI

1 edit

tr6scott

Yes, I listen to D&D on the way home... and was very surprised today. I don't think I will care for the show in the AM, but we shall see. I used to listen to Parker and the Man some, and I like their show better than what I heard today, but I am not a sports radio listener. I listen to all the Tiger games, and love that they are on FM, just don't care for sports talk. I usually listen to Drew & Mike on WRIF, but with Drew off it has been pretty though to listen. I guess that may be a big break for D&D, and help them establish a AM drive, but I will be back as soon as Drew returns.
We know that a lot of you are wondering what's up with Drew during the last couple of shows...No, it's not that rollerblade injury...Drew currently needs to take some time off to tend to some family matters, and management has given him some time to do just that. We're sure you've heard Drew talk about Tess. Well, she's been fighting breast cancer, and there have been some complications in the course of her treatment. Drew's been running way too hard, trying to take care of family and job obligations and it just got too much for him to juggle...

We've been instructed by management to not mention it on the air out of respect to their privacy...

If you want to send Drew a message, just e-mail it to drew@wrif.com and we'll make sure we get it to him...

Edit: A few more tid bits over at the Gregg Henson site..
»gregghenson.typepad.com/ ··· nsoncom/
wrusprod
join:2007-03-15
Saint Clair Shores, MI

wrusprod to Detroiter

to Detroiter
I havent listen to WKRK since they got rid of Gregg Henson..I think D & D worked well in the afternoon,dont know if they can do the same in the morning..I think they will be gone soon...
I Listen To Howard 100/101 on Sirius...rarely listen to free radio.

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage

Anon

i have a few comments first off i think switching to sports was the biggest and stupidest mistake they could make they sure know how to ruin a station i mean yes 97.1 needed a format change because it sucked but it should have changed into a music station instead with no talk such as 93.1 WDRQ. the sports station is going 2 die quick id b surprised if they are yet around the beginning of 2008. The only time i would tune in would be for the music saturday nights 11:00. Speaking of which Does anyone know if 97.1 sti11 has music playing saturday nights starting 11:00 PM i havent tuned in since 9/29 and im not planning to either unless i hear good news about the music. Also did anybody notice the change in music in the fa11 of 2005 the music was rolling stones , aerosmith, autograph, george thorogood, the guess who, ozzy osbourn, peter frampton and others and then the songs was not heard by those singers anymore instead it was music by bloc party, white stripes, clorox girls, bad brains and others

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage

Anon

one more thing to those people running the station hearing sports on the radio is about as interesting as watching paint dry. WAKE UP TURN IT INTO A MUSIC STATION the ratings would go up up up up up shadoobie

grtgonzo
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Waterford, MI

grtgonzo to Detroiter

Premium Member

to Detroiter
WKRK seems to like to agitate its listeners. Dropping shows just as you get accustomed to them seems to be the norm. Gregg Henson and Michelle McCormick were successful (compared to all other WKRK midday attempts)... so lets fire Greg and screw over Michelle at a later date.

I feel worst for Bill McAlister. He is perhaps the funniest and most talented person that was on the station. He's been a second or third fiddle during his on-air tenure, but, for me, he was the key element to the shows he was on. There are some hints that on Gregg Henson's website that Bill wasn't "as good of a guy" as many think that he is, but I'll miss him nonetheless.
93388818 (banned)
It's cool, I'm takin it back
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX

93388818 (banned) to Detroiter

to Detroiter
I LOATHE D&D. I hated them on afternoon drive when I lived there. I rarely listened, and usually only because Mitch Albom was being an annoying jerk on his show.

Jim Gurd
Premium Member
join:2000-07-08
Livonia, MI

Jim Gurd

Premium Member

said by 93388818:

I LOATHE D&D. I hated them on afternoon drive when I lived there. I rarely listened, and usually only because Mitch Albom was being an annoying jerk on his show.
I can't say I was a regular listener but every once in a while I would tune in. Sometimes they had an entertaining program and I would keep listening.

I'm not much of a fan of Mitch Albom though, especially after he got caught writing a fake story about an event he didn't actually attend.

How long have you been in Texas and how do you like it down there? Eventually I want to move out of Michigan and Texas is at the top of my list of places to go. I really want to get away from the snow and cold winters. Summers are nice in Michigan but way too short.
93388818 (banned)
Dallas, TX

93388818 (banned)

Jim - it's AWESOME down here. It does take some getting used to though. I'm in San Antonio, which is on the edge of 'Hill country'.

Texas is freaking huge. If we drive anywhere east or west, it takes 6-8 hours to reach the state line. That takes some getting used to.

The weather is fantastic. Austin/San Antonio area gets very little rain, few storms, we're far enough from the coast that hurricanes only bring wind/rain/storms, just about what you would get with a nice severe line running through Metro Detroit.

One of the best days of my life was when I sold my snowblower to my dad.

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
i got my title super game mage from the snes cheat cartridge called super game mage. ahh wxyt is going bye bye. i dont get it before wkrk changed sports and wxyt was a single station they had such few ratings so wat makes the people at CBS or whoever in charge at running things at the station believe having a combination station is going to get the ratings up. if wkrk and wxyt sucked so much they couldnt get many ratings by theirself then they sure wont get any more ratings as wxyt AM and FM. actually they are probably going to get worse ratings i dont know why they people at the station couldnt realize that.if they are smart theyre gonna turn it into a music station before the 9 people who tune into wxyt FM become 0 people who tune into wxyt FM .

issachar
@Level3.net

issachar to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
hahaha super game mage you're funny with your comments about the stations stupidity and ratings of 9 people and i agree with you they should turn 97.1 into a music format and no talk 1ike 93.1. What the damn he11 were these people thinking switching 2 sports? nobody wants to hear damn sports chat every day thats BORING. super game mage you should be running the station at 97.1 FM. I pay good money for my radio and i wanna hear something worth tuning in to and theres really no good stations around other than 93.1 but sometimes theyre music is boring and sucks. Im hoping 97.1 is going to be music soon without chat and i hope they have great music playing so i can get the most outta my radio. ITS time we had some decent radio here but 97.1 as WKRK stunk more than raw sewage i mean i checked out the shows and after a minutes into any show i turned my damn radio off it was nothing but complete filth and boredom they had nasty people there. For example tom the so called "professor" was a sexist, egotistic, insulting, arrogant, offensive, retard that would hang the damn phone up onn people who dident agree with him and called them idiots. Nobody should have an opinion of there own and agree with tom otherwise they get hung up on. And the other shows they were airing over the years was either boring or stupid and gross

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage

Anon

thanks issachar for the comments who is this Tom i never heard his show because i only tune in for the music saturday nights but he sounds moronic toms brain must match the size of his buttcrack
93388818 (banned)
Dallas, TX

to Detroiter
He's talking about Tom Leykis

issachar
@Level3.net

issachar to super game mage

Anon

to super game mage
i heard a comment tom has made he said males raised by their single mothers are wimps. I took offense 2 that because i was raised by my single mother. The man talks stupidity HE is really the wimp because tom's not man enough to hear what people have to say if they dont agree with him he doesnt have the spine to handle someone with an opinion of there own so he hangs phone up on them really immature. since tom is as nutty as a snickers bar and calls himself professor from now on i referring to tom as the "nutty" "professor"

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage

Anon

hi issachar the nutty professor doesnt know wat he is talking about. males that are raised by their single mothers cannot affect their personality any and doesnt mean theyre wimps. Whether a male is raised by their mother or dad or by both their mother and father isnt going to change how he thinks or acts or he is. Thats unrealistic for the nutty professor saying otherwise. I dont know where this guy got his information but he ought to go to Chicago so he can hear the wind blow through his head ya he can hear it blow in through one ear and then blow out through the other ear.

issachar
@Level3.net

issachar

Anon

said by super game mage :

hi issachar the nutty professor doesnt know wat he is talking about. males that are raised by their single mothers cannot affect their personality any and doesnt mean theyre wimps. Whether a male is raised by their mother or dad or by both their mother and father isnt going to change how he thinks or acts or he is. Thats unrealistic for the nutty professor saying otherwise. I dont know where this guy got his information but he ought to go to Chicago so he can hear the wind blow through his head ya he can hear it blow in through one ear and then blow out through the other ear.
1o1 super game mage that was a good one he ought to go to Chicago so he can hear the wind blow through his head ya he can hear it blow in through one ear and then blow out through the other ear because he broke wind and blew his brain out of his butt.

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage

Anon

Issachar i have a few questions when you said the other shows 97.1 they were airing over the years was either boring or stupid and gross how exactly were they gross ? And Do you know if 97.1 plays music saturday nights or anytime during the weekend anymore ? I dont wanna tune in any weekend to see if they have music playing only to hear sports programs and i checked other websites talking about the new 97.1 and i seen weekday schedules but nobody mentioned the shows during the weekend.

issachar
@Level3.net

issachar

Anon

Super game mage your guess is good as mine if 97.1 plays music saturday nights or anytime during the weekend anymore i have been tuning in either. And the other shows 97.1 they were airing over the years was gross for example episode of Deminski and Doyle on 97.1 back in 2002 described strange and explicit sex technique, including physica1 assaults on women was extremely graphic, 1ewd and offensive and very gross talk and continued over an extended period of time and included conversations with nine callers the station was fined $27,000 for this. Then there was howard stern which i heard he had sexua1 and racist dialog during his show in February 25 2004. And there was 1ove1ine with Adam which was nothing but damn talk about sex. Thats what i meant by 97.1 as WKRK stunk more than raw sewage no wonder their ratings went down the toilet some of the damn rotton talk they had was horrible

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage

Anon

Thanks issachar 4 the information we 1earn something new everyday 97.1 the talk that shocks detroit im glad i dident tune into those crumby shows and only tuned in for the music saturdays .
super game mage

super game mage

Anon

That Deminski and Doyle episode on 97.1 in 2002 described strange and explicit sex technique, including physica1 assaults on women continued over an extended period of time and included conversations with nine callers i guess the hosts dident realize a high number of the viewers are children. Thats a really intellegent thing to teach kids having sex with women while doing violence on them. I cant believe anyone would talk such satanic garbage on the radio and show no RESPECT for women .The children who tune in to that must be hard up for entertainment and really bored. I guess they spent their weekly 5 hours of tv watching time their parents gave them for the week and dident have enough alloence money to buy tv tickets or tv tokens from their parents and couldnt watch the boob toob before the next week came. So as a result they tuned into 97.1

MOLLYCAT
@comcast.net

MOLLYCAT to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
I used to listen to TALK RADIO,,,now that they changed it to all sports I will delete the station,,,it no longer exists,, BAD MOVE to the execs,,,hope it bites ya on the ass for the stupidity you used in this decision!!!!!

Detroit 1
@aol.com

Detroit 1 to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
Where are D & D?!? i can't believe what you have done with this station. You have sunk it. You let go of the best afternoon show in Detroit. You have nothing to offer most people in the metro area. Good bye 97.1.

defiant8
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI

defiant8

D&D are now a pathetic morning show. I tried listening to them in the new timeslot, and I swear they came back from a commercial break, and then went back to break in the time it took for me to get out of the shower. One time I can excuse, but this happened again the next day. Talk about setting them up for the slaughter against Drew & Mike.

I've been getting updates about the whole situation over at Gregg Henson's Blog (97.1 FM TALK fans should remember him).

FTG
@spcsdns.net

FTG to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
D&D is okay. But here in Detroit I tune into Roverradio.com in the AM. Rover is now back in Clevland OH but has a great show (that was the show that came on after Howard Stern left). Besides that the two biggest screw ups the station made was getting rid of Krammer and Twitch on mid days, know that was awsome and the main player is Tom Lykes. Tom brings in tons of ratings and whenever they would block out his show because of a stupid game the next day people would call in and complain. Oh well, screw 97.1 Detroit ratings, I hope they go under since I listen 8hrs a day on line (roverradio.com in the AM and www.971freefm.com it is the LA talk station or listen to my Ipod for my personal choice music)

issachar
@Level3.net

issachar to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
the 1 talk show 97.1 Fm - WKRK had that was interesting and not boring or stupid was pwned show about gamers weekends hi super game mage.

super game mage
@Level3.net

super game mage to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
I thought since 97.1 Fm WKRK Detroit was owned by Infinity it would be an "infinite" radio station hense the named infinity "i guess that only goes so far as 2007" but im glad it wasent a forever station cause it SUCKED.

grtgonzo
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Waterford, MI

grtgonzo to issachar

Premium Member

to issachar
I like D&D but something is different since the switch to mornings. I DO tend to listen to talk radio (not a fan of the local music radio landscape and find better music radio on the west side of the state and across the state line than in the D) but tend to listen to Drew and Mike (lately just Mike) and Jamie and Brady on WDFN more than D & D.

They (D & D) just seem to be off their game. Is it waking up early, is there a different pacing to a morning show or is the uncertainty of their future weighing on them?

issachar
@Level3.net

issachar to Detroiter

Anon

to Detroiter
hi issachar 2 bad there isnt an option to add people here as friends cause i would gladly be adding u by the way whats your namee? bye issachar.
93388818 (banned)
Dallas, TX

to Detroiter
uh, you can if you join the site. although that makes it harder to have a conversation with yourself.