how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

super game mage

@Level3.net
reply to super game mage

Re: Live 97.1 Free Fm - WKRK

That Deminski and Doyle episode on 97.1 in 2002 described strange and explicit sex technique, including physica1 assaults on women continued over an extended period of time and included conversations with nine callers i guess the hosts dident realize a high number of the viewers are children. Thats a really intellegent thing to teach kids having sex with women while doing violence on them. I cant believe anyone would talk such satanic garbage on the radio and show no RESPECT for women .The children who tune in to that must be hard up for entertainment and really bored. I guess they spent their weekly 5 hours of tv watching time their parents gave them for the week and dident have enough alloence money to buy tv tickets or tv tokens from their parents and couldnt watch the boob toob before the next week came. So as a result they tuned into 97.1

MOLLYCAT

@comcast.net
reply to Detroiter

I used to listen to TALK RADIO,,,now that they changed it to all sports I will delete the station,,,it no longer exists,, BAD MOVE to the execs,,,hope it bites ya on the ass for the stupidity you used in this decision!!!!!

Detroit 1

@aol.com
reply to Detroiter

Where are D & D?!? i can't believe what you have done with this station. You have sunk it. You let go of the best afternoon show in Detroit. You have nothing to offer most people in the metro area. Good bye 97.1.

defiant
MVM
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI
kudos:2

D&D are now a pathetic morning show. I tried listening to them in the new timeslot, and I swear they came back from a commercial break, and then went back to break in the time it took for me to get out of the shower. One time I can excuse, but this happened again the next day. Talk about setting them up for the slaughter against Drew & Mike.

I've been getting updates about the whole situation over at Gregg Henson's Blog (97.1 FM TALK fans should remember him).

FTG

@spcsdns.net
reply to Detroiter

D&D is okay. But here in Detroit I tune into Roverradio.com in the AM. Rover is now back in Clevland OH but has a great show (that was the show that came on after Howard Stern left). Besides that the two biggest screw ups the station made was getting rid of Krammer and Twitch on mid days, know that was awsome and the main player is Tom Lykes. Tom brings in tons of ratings and whenever they would block out his show because of a stupid game the next day people would call in and complain. Oh well, screw 97.1 Detroit ratings, I hope they go under since I listen 8hrs a day on line (roverradio.com in the AM and www.971freefm.com it is the LA talk station or listen to my Ipod for my personal choice music)

issachar

@Level3.net
reply to Detroiter

the 1 talk show 97.1 Fm - WKRK had that was interesting and not boring or stupid was pwned show about gamers weekends hi super game mage.

super game mage

@Level3.net
reply to Detroiter

I thought since 97.1 Fm WKRK Detroit was owned by Infinity it would be an "infinite" radio station hense the named infinity "i guess that only goes so far as 2007" but im glad it wasent a forever station cause it SUCKED.

grtgonzo
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Waterford, MI
reply to issachar

I like D&D but something is different since the switch to mornings. I DO tend to listen to talk radio (not a fan of the local music radio landscape and find better music radio on the west side of the state and across the state line than in the D) but tend to listen to Drew and Mike (lately just Mike) and Jamie and Brady on WDFN more than D & D.

They (D & D) just seem to be off their game. Is it waking up early, is there a different pacing to a morning show or is the uncertainty of their future weighing on them?

issachar

@Level3.net
reply to Detroiter

hi issachar 2 bad there isnt an option to add people here as friends cause i would gladly be adding u by the way whats your namee? bye issachar.

It's cool, I'm takin it back
Premium
join:2000-03-14
Dallas, TX
reply to Detroiter

uh, you can if you join the site. although that makes it harder to have a conversation with yourself.

defiant
MVM
Monroe, MI
reply to grtgonzo

said by grtgonzo:

They (D & D) just seem to be off their game. Is it waking up early, is there a different pacing to a morning show or is the uncertainty of their future weighing on them?
Could be "all of the above". Management has re-invented the wheel at 97.1 several times over the past couple years. They have to be feeling the pressure since they are the last members of the FM TALK days.

issachar

@Level3.net
reply to Detroiter

super game mage the above question i wrote asking myself for a namee that was a hint that i was hoping u would ask me for my namee hahahaha and hoping i could get yours. AND one more thing i must get off my chest cbs should consider selling the 97.1 station in Detroit to another company

super game mage

@Level3.net

Hey i think cbs should consider selling 97.1 in Detroit to another company to. Even if cbs sold it for $200.00 they would probably be making more money off the station then they are making off it now. My names christopher .:D

super game mage

@Level3.net
reply to Detroiter

by the way issachar whats your nam

issachar

@Level3.net
reply to Detroiter

bye

kram1

@popsite.net
reply to Detroiter

Sports you got to be kidding me,I listen at 4:4am til 6:00am then at lunch and 4:30 pm going home. Now I have to here what quaterback, with boil on his ass will play bad today from 10:00am til god knows when.(i guess the dim witted need it) 97.1 is off my car buttons. Some excutive asshole must be being blackmailed for having sex with his own dog and some homo is riding his ass!

grtgonzo
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Waterford, MI
reply to Detroiter

More radio stuff -- Jamie and Brady were laid off last week on WDFN 1130. Seems strange to compete with your rival on FM by taking away your biggest assets (and advantage over "The Ticket"), your personalities.

issachar

@Level3.net
reply to Detroiter

hi super game mage im issachar. Did anyone know 97.1 changed its ID within a month after switching sports it rebranded as "the ticket" i guess they thought calling that station something different would help improve the ratings but they simply dont get it its not wat the station is called, its the format we don't tune in to hear talk about game scores and such other boring garbage we tune in to hear MUSIC get a clue damn station

tr6scott

join:2002-03-23
Oxford, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Detroiter

»gregghenson.typepad.com/gregg_he···iew.html

Another nail?

D&D were pulled a week early, but told they were still wanting to negotiate their contract for the new year...

Doesn't sound to promising....
--
The sooner we get behind schedule, the more time we have to catch up.

defiant
MVM
Monroe, MI

I guess we'll all just have to face it: FM Talk is DEAD. I like sports and all, but I just don't find myself listening to 97.1 for more than 5 minutes.

I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to listen to radio... I just wish I had Sirius in my car.

tr6scott

Oxford, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

I agree, I still listen to Drew and Mike on the way in to work (patiently waiting for Drew's return), on the way home.... I bought an mp3 adapter for my car, (Ford Focus) and have been downloading podcasts of the weekend NPR shows and listening to them on the way home during the week.

Car talk
Wait Wait don't tell me
What da know
Parrie Home News from Lake Wobegon
NPR Technology
and one from the west coast called GeekSpeek

and this gets me through the drive time home without the subscription cost...
--

tr6scott

Oxford, MI
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest
reply to Detroiter

Well it's official, D&D are gone, Fox 2 just announced that they could not come to an agreement on a new contract. Also that they have a 1 year non-compete clause in the Detroit market, so we will not be hearing from them soon...

Also checked out the ticket website. »www.wxyt.com/ and they are no longer listed in the line up...

Sad news for a couple of guys that did good work for 8 years, won market share, survived.... but no more..

Let the search begin for the station that will replace 97.1 on my radio preset...
--

Chanel

@wblib.org
reply to Detroiter

Do you know if Tom Likas come on another station in Detroit?

reply to Detroiter

What station in detroit does tom likas come on?

odment
Alrighty Then
Premium
join:2002-11-30
Warren, MI
reply to tr6scott

Who is in for a D&D thank you party? After the holiday of course. We can throw around ideas on how to do it. A hall with a charge but I want to thank these guys for the years of great shows. Yes beaver and rudy and the whole show. Lets start the planning.... Email me at odment@gmail.com. These Guys were Good..