gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

1 edit

gar187er to KawiG5

to KawiG5

Re: Modem won't work; tech says invalid Mac address

why is limited address space a comcast problem?

and if you know about it, then why did you ask?!?!

oh and id love for you to find me a tech who calls into billing......we go through dispatch, they contact either the warehouse, or tier 2 whomeever they need....

when you have a retail modem, you call up, CAE enters the mac address that YOU read into ther system...along with some other basic info...., then checks rate/outlet codes, and maybe even gives you a push through wall garden (i doubt they do that for you though)

there is no lack of competency....its a system...it has steps....

KawiG5
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Nanticoke, PA
ARRIS SBG6580

4 edits

KawiG5

Premium Member

said by gar187er:

why is limited address space a comcast problem?

and if you know about it, then why did you ask?!?!

oh and id love for you to find me a tech who calls into billing......we go through dispatch, they contact either the warehouse, or tier 2 whomeever they need....

when you have a retail modem, you call up, CAE enters the mac address that YOU read into ther system...along with some other basic info...., then checks rate/outlet codes, and maybe even gives you a push through wall garden (i doubt they do that for you though)

there is no lack of competency....its a system...it has steps....
I did not say that limited address space was a Comcrap problem. I am stating that Comcrap is a problem. Once again get your facts straight and stop trying to twist the thing around.

If you read a previous post I posted about my modem you might understandmy point. But, let me give you more history about the modem.

As I stated, the modem is a Linksys BEFCMU10 v3. The modem has been used for several years. It was originally purchased by my sister who had lived in Lansdale, PA where Comcrap is the only cable ISP available. She had moved back to this area and used the modem with the Adelphia HSI for a little while. She no longer wanted the service and the modem sat for several months. Not wanting it to go to waste, I returned the modem I had leased back to Adelphia and put her modem back into service.

Early last Nov. I had moved to another part of my town and tried to get the HSI turned on a few weeks later. There was when the problems had started which was during the transition from Adelphia to Comcrap nearing completion. Sad thing is that the same problem happened back in late June which is many months after the full acquisition.

Now look at the facts. This one modem has been used with Comcrap HSI in the past and yet the same excuse is given by any CAE stating that the MAC address is not valid or that it's not in the system. How can that be?

Yes, anyone with at least half a brain can state that there is a huge lack of competence and yes it is a "system". A very flawed system which creates many displeased customers.

You can say what you will. But when an end user has knowledge in this area and has had many unpleasant experiences over the time, it is not hard to deduce where the problem lies.

One more thing. Why would each technician not detect the internet signal coming from the drop? Why would a tech. lie to me when he states that he has to call into billing because they never added it to the account properly? Why is the service then active after he makes the call to the billing dept.? One answer is quite obvious and I had mentioned it in a previous post. Each tech. was originally employed by the former Adelphia. How do I know this? How about it's because I had asked each of them. If it was an original Comcrap technician, I highly doubt the problem would have been fixed that easily. I could be wrong but you sound a lot like a tech. who has only been employed by Comcrap. I am so damn glad you aren't in my area. Although I do suspect that there are plenty of techs. who have been only employed by Comcrap and do know what they are doing. If only there were more.
maxpower90
join:2006-10-09
Providence, RI

1 edit

maxpower90

wrong thread.