uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hangmn
Don't Fight It...It's Inevitable
Premium
join:2000-04-08
Philadelphia, PA
reply to FFH5

Re: U.S. economy loses $58 billion from piracy every year.

said by FFH5:

said by Hangmn:

Who cares what it costs businesses. These idiots are in an arena where they are obviously out classed. If it can be done it will be done period. F'k em I screw em every chance I get
Ah, the philosophy of every criminal that goes thru the criminal justice system. And people wonder why so many people are in prison in the US.
So should we effect change..or just take it?
The Revolutionary Army was "criminal"...until they won.
--
»davescustompc.com

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by Hangmn:

said by FFH5:

said by Hangmn:

Who cares what it costs businesses. These idiots are in an arena where they are obviously out classed. If it can be done it will be done period. F'k em I screw em every chance I get
Ah, the philosophy of every criminal that goes thru the criminal justice system. And people wonder why so many people are in prison in the US.
So should we effect change..or just take it?
The Revolutionary Army was "criminal"...until they won.
Yes and what change are you effecting by pirating? I'm 100% sure that when people enjoying their pirated versions of movies and music that are doing it for the "greater good" and are thinking about their contribution to your so called "revolution" and not doing it for their own selfish desires.

Hangmn
Don't Fight It...It's Inevitable
Premium
join:2000-04-08
Philadelphia, PA

1 recommendation

said by 88615298:

Yes and what change are you effecting by pirating? I'm 100% sure that when people enjoying their pirated versions of movies and music that are doing it for the "greater good" and are thinking about their contribution to your so called "revolution" and not doing it for their own selfish desires.
And I suppose you are going out to Best Buy every week and buying this swill like a good little consumer?
--
»davescustompc.com

ph03n1x

join:2003-02-15
Sanford, FL

3 recommendations

reply to 88615298
The rampant piracy of content, while it has caused a bunch of bullshit spin and lawsuits has also led to the creation of:

iTunes
Yahoo Music
Real Rhapsody
eMusic
Napster (legal version)
MTV Urge
Zune
Movielink
CinemaNow
BitTorrent Store (legal version)
Vongo
Amazon UnBox
Netflix
Blockbuster Online

Are these options all good ones? Most certainly not. Some are absolutely unusable and are no real step in the right direction. Some however, are quite popular and pretty good (iTunes, Netflix) alternatives to piracy.

Sure, the content "mafiaa" should abandon DRM and get with the program full force instead of pushing out more asinine half-hearted attempts like Vongo, but the fact remains that if there was no rampant piracy of content, digital download services either would be far far worse or would not even exist at all.

As for the statement of $58b in "piracy losses" per year, that's 100% pure bullshit.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Yes and what change are you effecting by pirating?
Ah, there is the rub. I don't trade in pirated **AA content. If it isn't worth paying to see it, it isn't worth seeing at all.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum