Search similar:

uniqs
mjwalfredo
join:2007-06-05
Columbia, SC

1 edit

mjwalfredo

Cannot connect with Sierra Aircard 595U [SOLVED!!!]

Now that I have gotten my card detected, I can't seem to connect. I am using Sprint Connection Manager 1.00.0069.0 and a Sierra Wireless Aircard 595U on Windows XP Professional SP2. On one PC, the manager tries to connect but immediately disconnects with no error message at all.
On my other PC, it tries to connect but I get Error 75 in the Sprint Connection manager. When I try to connect with Windows, it gives Error 678 - "Remote Computer did not respond" (or something to that effect).

I am sick of waiting on hold for an "Advanced" technician after getting disconnected twice after 30 mins. Do any of you smart folks have any suggestions? Thanks!
CMoore2004
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Jonesville, MI

CMoore2004

Premium Member

Re: Cannot connect with Sierra Aircard 595U

I had a similar problem. Once the card is recognized, before trying to connect, hold your mouse over the signal strength and type ##RTN.

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same for the 595U, but you should be able to reset the card to its defaults. You'll need to run registration after you enter your MSL and the card resets. Give it a try, let me know if it works.
mjwalfredo
Columbia, SC

1 edit

mjwalfredo

Thanks for the reply. I just tried the procedure you mentioned and I get a message
Please enter the service programming code to begin:

Is this where I enter the MSL you mentioned? Also, do I have to call Sprint to get the MSL? I have a piece of paper with the following numbers: OTKSL and MSID. I assume those are not the same as an MSL...

EDIT: Ok, I see that neither of these works as the MSL, I'll just have to call Sprint again I guess. Thanks for the reply.
mjwalfredo

mjwalfredo

Well no dice with that one either. Thanks though. I am taking this damn thing back to Sprint. If they can't get it to work in the store, I am giving up on EVDO for now. This is totally ridiculous.
mjwalfredo

mjwalfredo

Does anyone know why I don't have Dialup networking in Windows XP? I wanted to try to use Windows XP to dial with my card rather than the connection manager but my aircard shows up as a wireless network just like my wireless ethernet. I don't see dialup networking available as a windows component either... Any ideas?
mjwalfredo

mjwalfredo

Well guess what, I am posting from my new EVDO connection!!! I was on the phone waiting to speak to an advanced Tech and I just tried going to NDIS mode one more time an viola! It works! This is so much better than Dialup. I am off to do a speed test! Thanks for the replies, even if they didn't help directly, it was good stuff to know!
mjwalfredo

mjwalfredo

Not Bad! I am off to my house in the sticks to see what kind of speeds I get there. I know they won't be as good but they will still be better than dialup I am sure!
mjwalfredo

mjwalfredo

This is what I get from my house with 20-40% signal and -93dBm. Sweet. Time to make a Yagi antena now baby!
blazintails
join:2007-08-25

blazintails to mjwalfredo

to mjwalfredo

Re: Cannot connect with Sierra Aircard 595U [SOLVED!!!]

CONGRATS MJW glad you got it working properly now.

I was on dial-up (with a year of satellite in between, that was a nightmare) for 14 yrs, it was a great change for me. Heck I can download a 700 meg file/movie now in about 2 hours. Dial-Up would have taken at least, 4 days LOL.
mjwalfredo
Columbia, SC

mjwalfredo

I am glad I skipped the satellite and went straight to EVDO after reading about how much of a nightmare it can be!

I will say one thing, it seems that if I disconnect my Aircard, I must "Update the data profile" before trying to connect or it simply will not connect. Anyone else have to go through the same process?
CMoore2004
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Jonesville, MI

CMoore2004

Premium Member

Sounds like an issue with your EVDO card. I'd try getting them to replace it with a new one. If you're within the first 30 days, just threaten to return it. Even if you follow through, you could go through someone else like Millenicom (although, I'm not sure if you could instantly).
blazintails

blazintails to mjwalfredo

to mjwalfredo
Yes you can go with Millenicom the same day if not before. As the account is listed under their names, account ect.

prldom
@spcsdns.net

prldom to mjwalfredo

Anon

to mjwalfredo

Re: Cannot connect with Sierra Aircard 595U

I just bought my Sierra 595u and I was finally able to connect to the internet. However, I can't access all the sites it will state their is no connection. But if I hit the arrow to go to the previous page then it is still on. This is driving me crazy.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned) to blazintails

to blazintails

Re: Cannot connect with Sierra Aircard 595U [SOLVED!!!]

blazin, can you use any other card with Millenicom or do you have to use the CDU-680 or Pantech? Will they activate other cards?
blazintails

blazintails

Jim,
I had a Sierra 595 with them first as they didn't get their shipment of Franklin's in yet when I ordered their service. I had it for about 2 wks, then they sent me the Franklin and I shipped them back the Sierra.

So are you asking if you can use a card you have now with Millenicom? Sorry, I have no clue. You might want to just call their tech support (they answer right away) or send them a quick email.
mjwalfredo
Columbia, SC

mjwalfredo

I just wanted to say that I have gotten my aircard working in Linux and I am now using that box as a gateway/router. That box connects everytime no matter what. That's pretty amazing considering Linux is officially unsupported by Sierra Wireless...
blazintails

blazintails

Mjwal,

You should post complete directions on how you got your Sierra 595 configured with Linux for other users in a new post.