spc
uniqs

Bas
@comcast.net

2 recommendations

Bas to superdog

Anon

to superdog

Re: U.S. economy loses $58 billion from piracy every year.

said by superdog:

said by Draxsr :

The sub-prime "screw up's" aren't a government problem. It's a greed problem. The people in this country have issues with living within their means. No one forces one to sign a mortgage without giving it your own due diligance. Opting for an absurd, adjustable rate rests solely on the moron signing the paperwork. And I'd love to meet the moron who signs up for an 'interest only' mortgage where their payments pay ONLY the interest and nothing on the principle. It's what happens when someone making 30K/year thinks they need to live in a 300K house. It's sad and those morons do not deserve to be bailed out by the taxes others, who know how to live within their means, shell out. IMHO, YMMV.
That is a perfect statement, and one I wish I made myself.
The problem with your little theory is that in most suburban areas next to a MAJOR CITY a 1200 square foot house on a postage stamp sized lawn costs $250,000.00. So where do you suppose people should live, a cardboard box?
russotto
join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ

1 recommendation

russotto

said by Bas :

The problem with your little theory is that in most suburban areas next to a MAJOR CITY a 1200 square foot house on a postage stamp sized lawn costs $250,000.00. So where do you suppose people should live, a cardboard box?
Plenty of larger and cheaper places are available, in places like North Philadelphia, Camden, East St. Louis, Anacostia, etc....