uniqs
share rss forum feed

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON
kudos:1

[Word] Avery Templates in Word 2007

I don't use Avery Templates very often, but I need to make some cards using some Avery products.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use Avery templates in Word 2007. I know you can download templates, but I thought there was built-in support for Avery Templates in Word...maybe even a wizard to simplify the process.

I'm also reading about an Avery Ribbon for Word 2007....anybody know how I can get that.

Finally, I have tried to download a template from Avery, but it seems to give me errors when I get to the download page.

Any help on how to do this easiest via word, would be helpful!

Thanks.
--
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

MSeng
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-08
join:2000-07-13
Ork
kudos:6

Click the Office button, choose File-->New. Choose a category from the list (i.e., busness cards). If you have Office set to go online, then you should be given opportunities to choose a template that prints in an Avery compatible layout.
--
Microsoft MVP (Windows Shell/User), 2004-2007

RogueMonk
Premium
Stoney Creek, ON

Yes, thanks. But I can't seem to get a blank template. They are all pre-designed templates.

For example, I need to do 100 business cards (not actually, business cards, but on business card Avery forms). They will all be identical. I was hoping there would be an easier way then deleting all the existing content and redoing it on each of the 100 cards.
--
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliott

MSeng
Premium,Ex-Mod 2001-08
join:2000-07-13
Ork
kudos:6

You can create a new (blank) template from the same dialogue box...choose New From Existing, pick an Avery Template that fits your needs then delete the content. From that point, you should be able to design what you need, then copy\paste or duplicate across the rest of the sheet.
--
Microsoft MVP (Windows Shell/User), 2004-2007

RogueMonk
Premium
Stoney Creek, ON

Thanks.

Word 2007 doesn't seem to handle this very simply. So I've used Publisher, which works very nicely.
--