spc
Search similar:

uniqs

takwayne
@pacbell.net

takwayne

Anon

[General] Cannot Connect Laptops to 2Wire Gateway

Hi, I just got At&t Dsl Pro Package and it came with a 2Wire 2701HG-B Gateway Router. I have 1 PC connected to the router with a ethernet cable, 1 PC connected to the router with a wireless G adapter. I am having trouble connecting to my router with my 2 laptops. 1 laptop is the HP DV8000 and the other is a Lenovo Thinkpad x60s. They both have the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card. All my computers and laptops are running XP. Both of my PC's can connect to the router fine. But my 2 laptops cannot connect. When I start up the laptops, they connect to my router, then after about 2-3 mins I lose connection and cannot reconnect to my router. Any ideas? Thanks advance for the replies.
tonydi
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
San Jose, CA

tonydi

Premium Member

Have you used the wireless on these notebooks before? I've seen a lot of reports about the 3945 having problems staying connected, which is one of the reasons I went with the Atheros-based card in my X60s.
takwayne
join:2007-10-07
Davis, CA

takwayne

yes i have used the wireless on these laptops before. they worked fine. i just moved and got dsl and now it's losing connection. any ideas?
tonydi
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
San Jose, CA

tonydi

Premium Member

When you say they lose connection, I'm presuming you mean you can get online for a few minutes and then you completely lose the network connection.

If so, I guess the first place I'd look is for any sort of interference in your environment, like a 2.4GHz cordless phone for instance. You might also try setting the router to work on a different channel, like Ch 11. I'm not at all familiar with this latest 2wire and any issues it may have so perhaps the members of the 2wire forum might also have some suggestions.
»2Wire