Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
join:2001-12-05
united state

1 edit

Rungel

Premium Member

[Tech] Bought new tires at Town Fair Tire.

Click for full size
my align035.pdf
445,312 bytes
I have a question about alignment on my Honda accord 2004 ex 6 They said they could not set the right rear camber on tire because the manufacturer didn't provide an adjustment for it.

Anyone know about these Honda wheel alignments? The pdf file shows top out of alignment and the bottom in alignment.
Rungel

Rungel

Premium Member

Reading up on this stuff. it seems many cars are like that. i guess if there within certain specs then it's ok.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Rungel

Premium Member

to Rungel
Click for full size
2006-07Ingalls.pdf
2,501,507 bytes
Click for full size
Click for full size
PassCar_06.pdf
2,651,810 bytes
Click for full size
Ingalls Engineering
»www.ingallseng.com/

Specialty Products
»www.spcalignment.com/

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

1 edit

Rungel

Premium Member

Doctor Olds if i'm reading this right .. I'm safe?

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

2 edits

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

You posted that the manufacturer had no provisions for certain alignment adjustments and I simply supplied two aftermarket engineering/alignment solutions companies that make parts/kits that give your vehicle the adjustability it is missing so that it can be fully brought into spec on the 4 wheel alignment rack.

Larger Detailed Image

Ingalls Engineering Rear Camber/Toe kit 38725, 38725
»shopping.lightningmotors ··· tid=1385
quote:
Ingalls Engineering Camber kit fits many Acura & Honda; Replaces rear control arms; rubber bushings. Allows for -1.5° to +3° adjustment.

Quantity of (2) Sets required (1) left set and (1)right set. Picture shown is for one side of car only.
Regards,

Doctor Olds

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

Rungel

Premium Member

I see now.. thanks..maybe i should do this eventually.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

If you start to notice early edge wear on the right rear tire (inner or outer edge), then you should consider it sooner depending on how much you paid for your tires.

Regards,

Doctor Olds

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

Rungel

Premium Member

Thanks yes your right. I wonder can i get them installed without having to spend all kinds of money on another alignment?

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

2 edits

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

The arms are not pre-set (they come loose for ease of installation) and they have to be adjusted while on the alignment rack after they are installed on the vehicle.

Normally a shop that is keeping up with technology will know of both these companies and make sales suggestions to their customers that these kits/parts when installed will allow the needed adjustments that were not present on the factory parts when the toe or camber/caster is out of spec.

The arms allow up to 3.0 degrees adjustment and your Right Rear is fortunately not outside the range the arms are able to correct in degrees.

Regards,

Doctor Olds

Glenn
I'D Rather Be Skiing
Premium Member
join:2000-10-05
Wallingford, CT

Glenn to Rungel

Premium Member

to Rungel
I'm personally not a big fan of Town Fair. Back in the day, I had to bring my wife's car back 3 times to get the alignment right. In addition, they could never balance tires correctly. I'm convinced they calibrate their balancing machines once every five years. Their prices may be good, but it's not worth the aggravation IMHO. I'll gladly pay a little more for better service.

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

Rungel

Premium Member

I was told to stay away from my local store (Norwich) So i went to Manchester. Seems they did a good job. The tires i got were 160 a piece V rated. They ride real nice and cornering it feels like a new car.

I looked the tire up on the internet seems Toyo just came out with them. I did see them for half the price at Tire Rack.

Glenn
I'D Rather Be Skiing
Premium Member
join:2000-10-05
Wallingford, CT

Glenn

Premium Member

One thing with ordering tires online is the shipping and then the charge for having them mounted and balanced.

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

Rungel

Premium Member

Yes plus i don't think they would give me free rotation and flat fix stuff like that.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Rungel:

Yes plus i don't think they would give me free rotation and flat fix stuff like that.
The trick is to get a price match on the tires by using the Tire Rack Price + shipping to lower the price for a local purchase/installation.

Regards,

Doctor Olds

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to Rungel

MVM

to Rungel
A lot of our local garages will do that as part of installing tires - even ones you buy online and bring in. Mainly because they can then check the car for other issues while rotating the tires.

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium Member
united state

Rungel to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
I guess it's to late for a price check now you think? Even though they give me a 30 day test period.

Grumpy4
Premium Member
join:2001-07-28
NW CT

Grumpy4 to Rungel

Premium Member

to Rungel
Beware of tire stores that pay their help $10 per hour