uniqs
share rss forum feed

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

College Football, What channel for Michigan games

For the last two weeks i have not been able to find the Michigan or Michigan State college games on charter TV. I have looked high and low and just can't seem to find the games on any channel.

What channels did they move them to. I have the biggest package. Do i need something else? Don't tell me we have to pay for these now.

SalukiHoops

join:2006-11-23
Belleville, IL

The Big Ten Network (which shows Michigan and Michigan St. games) is not available on Charter Cable. It's the same kind of deal as the NFL Network. The Network wants Charter to put it on basic cable and Charter is not interested in doing that.

Big Dawg 23

join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN

Not Sure how you missed the MSU game two weeks ago as it was on ABC. I am in Minnesota and watch them lose to Wisc. Now as for MU they have not been on that I have seen.

volntn
The Volunteer
Premium
join:2002-01-05
Cleveland, TN
reply to mmainprize

The way Michigan's season has went has some to do with the lack of coverage. Being a UT fan I feel your pain.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to SalukiHoops

Thank for the replys.

It is funny how chater provides cable TV to many area in Michigan but elects to no carry these new channels in local markets for the local fans. I can see many people jump to satilite because of this alone.

I just don't see the value these days in spending about 60 a month ( after the new taxes and local FEEs that will be added) for expanded basic package. I do not have real numbers here as i am on the road, but it seem like out the the every srinking number of channels we do get with expaned basic, only about 12 to 15 could be considered good quality channels then your locals and the rest are just filler.

So the average person is paying about 2 dollars a channel for the number of channels they really watch and has less and less control over what those channels are going to be.

defiant
MVM
join:2000-09-04
Monroe, MI
kudos:2

Charter could add the B10 network, agreeing to their demands, but everyone's rate would $1-$2 just for one channel. Many out there don't like that prospect. Charter is in a no-win situation as it stands, unless the B10 network eases up.

Monster Rain
Premium
join:2002-08-03
Madison, WI
reply to mmainprize

said by [useer=mmainprize :

]For the last two weeks i have not been able to find the Michigan or Michigan State college games on charter TV. I have looked high and low and just can't seem to find the games on any channel.
Maybe Michigan is just hiding from the TV cameras?